ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   High School Reunions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159527)

Rain Man 03-09-2007 08:27 AM

I wouldn't miss my reunions for anything, but I'll note that I had a very strong and broad group of friends in high school that are now scattered all over the country. The reunions are the only chance we ever have to catch up in person.

Rooster 03-09-2007 08:28 AM

I've never gone and never really wanted to. It all seems like a big pain in the ass to me.

Skip Towne 03-09-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark
i was class president, so it was my job to plan the class reunions.

had a 5th...so-so. got drunk and the wife drove me home

had the 10th...kinda boring. got drunk the the wife drove me home.

had the 15th...got drunk and announced it would be the last one i would plan and they could all gf themselves. then the wife drove me home.

if they had a 20th and 25th, i sure don't know anything about it.

buncha f@ckin losers, anyway.
sec

:LOL: Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Simplex3 03-09-2007 08:42 AM

I hated those people 15 years ago, so I fail to see any reason why I would go to see them now.

Here's how I see it. If I actually cared about any of those people I wouldn't wait until some reunion to catch up with them.

BucEyedPea 03-09-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
Worth it to see the once hot cheerleader fat with 5 kids.

Yeah riiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhht!

My observations was just at the 5 year reunion outta HS the guys were already bald and fat with beer bellies....but the women looked great! They continued to decline, even by the 10th and 15th...and the women looked even better. Women, at least more so then men, take their looks more seriously then men and work on it while men just go to pot frankly. They just can't give up their beer and booze. And they can't drink just one.

What we do for your pleasure.
I've never understood it.

Bugeater 03-09-2007 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush
I skipped my 5 because I didn’t see the point of paying to go to an event where I was going to hang out with my friends that I’ve been hanging out with since high school anyway.

I went to my 10 and regretted it. It was cool to see some people that I hadn’t seen in a while, but there were too many people trying to impress each other. The food was horrible, the event was overpriced, the DJ was someone’s dad who was playing cassettes (even though CDs had been around for well over 10 years).

I skipped 15 because I hated the 10th, but I will probably go to my 20th to see how people have changed.

Hehe, from what I heard, that's about how our 10th went, I'm glad I didn't waste my time going to it. My 20th was last year, I really didn't even give it a second thought. There's a few people I'd like to catch up with but I figured with my luck only the jerks that I hated would show up.

Rooster 03-09-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Here's how I see it. If I actually cared about any of those people I wouldn't wait until some reunion to catch up with them.

Exactly....

greg63 03-09-2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
I hated those people 15 years ago, so I fail to see any reason why I would go to see them now.

Exactly; I went to the 10th and 15th year reunion; skipped the 20th and my 25th is this year and really don't want to go to it.

PastorMikH 03-09-2007 09:01 AM

I did have one "Reunion" that I enjoyed. I had a guy that was about 3 grades ahead of me in HS that picked on me constantly. Even though he was a lot bigger than me at the time, (I was about 5'7" and was a bit pudgy at 175 pounds) he always had to have several guys around for help.

I was out of HS and working at a job doing apartment maintenance. He was on a roofing crew that was roofing one of the buildings. I noticed that shingles kept "falling" around me whenever I was in the area followed by a bunch of snickering. At the end of the day, he and a group of guys are visiting at their work truck which is parked next to the truck I'm using. I walked up to him, looked down at him and said something like "what's up" - I'm at this time up to 6'1", and a lean 210-215 pounds - and he wilted. The look on his face and the quiver he developed in his arms was priceless!

Bugeater 03-09-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea
Yeah riiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhht!

My observations was just at the 5 year reunion outta HS the guys were already bald and fat with beer bellies....but the women looked great! They continued to decline, even by the 10th and 15th...and the women looked even better. Women, at least more so then men, take their looks more seriously then men and work on it while men just go to pot frankly. They just can't give up their beer and booze. And they can't drink just one.

What we do for your pleasure.
I've never understood it.

:rolleyes: Nice sweeping generalization.

BucEyedPea 03-09-2007 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
:rolleyes: Nice sweeping generalization.

Take it easy it was part tic. And yes it is general. As a generalization it's true from my observation ( which I stated) as it was s/g that really stood out to me. Are there exceptions? Sure.

Frazod 03-09-2007 09:19 AM

As it turns out, all the people I still keep in touch with from HS are in the class behind me. I only lived in the town where I graduated for a couple of years on top of it, so the people in my '83 class are basically strangers that I knew in passing a couple of decades ago.

I crashed the '84 reunion once, though. That was kind of fun. :D

Phobia 03-09-2007 09:26 AM

I haven't missed a reunion. The cliques fade and people really care about one another in my observation. I've always brought my spouses too. They hated the first one.

MOhillbilly 03-09-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark
i was class president, so it was my job to plan the class reunions.

had a 5th...so-so. got drunk and the wife drove me home

had the 10th...kinda boring. got drunk the the wife drove me home.

had the 15th...got drunk and announced it would be the last one i would plan and they could all gf themselves. then the wife drove me home.

if they had a 20th and 25th, i sure don't know anything about it.

buncha f@ckin losers, anyway.
sec

giggle

sedated 03-09-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea
at the 5 year reunion

who has a five year reunion?