ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dwayne Bowe may get tagged again (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270184)

FRCDFED 02-19-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9415136)
If we couldnt agree on money last year and this year why would next year be different?

:hmmm:

DJ's left nut 02-19-2013 10:02 AM

If you know you're going to lose one of them, then yeah, you have to tag Bowe.

However, since the Franchise tag carries with it a guarantee of a 20% raise over last year's salary and Bowe was tagged last season, it's going to be a much more expensive tag on Bowe than it would be on Albert. Moreover, with Albert's back issues, the tag would be better placed on him to give him a chance to prove he's past the back problems and angle for a long-term deal.

I'd much rather tag Albert and sign Bowe, but if we can't get Bowe on a LTC, we don't really have a choice.

The Franchise 02-19-2013 10:03 AM

Tag him the first day you can.....and then work out a LTC before FA starts. No big deal.

mcaj22 02-19-2013 10:06 AM

FO is probably at 50 million and Bowe is probably at 80-90 million lol

nychief 02-19-2013 10:08 AM

They are in the middle of a negotiation with Bowe, this is part of it.

FRCDFED 02-19-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9415163)

However, since the Franchise tag carries with it a guarantee of a 20% raise over last year's salary and Bowe was tagged last season, it's going to be a much more expensive tag on Bowe than it would be on Albert. Moreover, with Albert's back issues, the tag would be better placed on him to give him a chance to prove he's past the back problems and angle for a long-term deal.

I'd much rather tag Albert and sign Bowe, but if we can't get Bowe on a LTC, we don't really have a choice.

This. I know some were crowing on here that Albert passed his physical the other day so everything is fine with his back; however, anyone that has ever had a back problem knows that a back injury can flame up and show itself at any time. All the physical meant was that Albert was having a "good" back day. Add that to the fact that Albert is due for a payday then you realize that he had all the motivation in the world to withhold complaints regarding his back during the physical. Not making accusations but just sharing my opinion. Albert is clearly the one who should be tagged to see if he can hold up next season. It would be nice to get Bowe under contract.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9415163)

I'd rather tag Albert over Bowe for one very selfish reason.

We're not going to be tempted to replace Bowe by using the #1 overall pick.

I do not want Luke Joeckel for ANY reason.

NJChiefsFan 02-19-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

If we couldnt agree on money last year and this year why would next year be different?

Because the "we" u mention are all different people.

rabblerouser 02-19-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9415129)
Albert, Bowe, who the hell cares?

WHAT ABOUT COLQUITT, DAMN IT! :cuss:

True Chiefs fan...

Sign the MVP.

FRCDFED 02-19-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9415191)

Agreed. If for some reason we draft a tackle first overall I would be more inclined to take Fisher anyways.

Milliner or Smith 1st overall would most likely be my choices.

RyFo18 02-19-2013 10:17 AM

This is good.

threebag 02-19-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9415132)
**** you piholi.

****ING REPORTED

DJ's left nut 02-19-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9415191)

But here's the thing - passing on Joeckel doesn't guarantee taking Geno. If we are really considering Joeckel ahead of Geno, then we're also considering Star, Moore, Werner and probably Milliner. All of those guys are players that are just as good as Joeckel and probably better.

So lets say we tag Albert - fine. But the fact that Joeckel was even in the running for 1.1 shows that the org. didn't like Geno as much as many of us do. So they'd probably just go with Star or something.

And then we'd still lose Bowe.

Red Beans 02-19-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

It wouldn't have to do with a regime change would it? The above statement is overflowing with stupidity and lack of critical thinking skills...

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-19-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 9415251)
****ING REPORTED

ROFL