ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher: Dorsey says Chiefs could draft Joeckel and re-sign Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270326)

Coogs 02-23-2013 03:47 PM

Joeckel did not shine today... and Mayock said on tape he gets beaten to the inside way too easily, but saved by Johnny Football.

Hopefully this interview was done prior to the workouts today, and not after.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 03:48 PM

It's absolutely asinine that Teicher writes this shit instead of asking appropriate follow-up questions to mock this charade. What team uses a top-five pick, let alone 1/1, to acquire OL depth. Depth. Not a ****ing starter.

Cite several examples of this precedent please, John.

Frankie 02-23-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9428802)
Dorsey says Chiefs could draft Joeckel and re-sign Albert
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
General manager John Dorsey said Saturday the Chiefs might select Texas A&M’s Luke Joeckel with the first pick in the draft even if they re-sign Branden Albert, their incumbent left tackle. Dorsey said the Chiefs would draft the highest-rated player they have on their board regardless of his position.

“Then you have great competition at left tackle,’’ said Dorsey, speaking at the NFL Scouting Combine, of the combination of re-signing Albert and drafting Joeckel . “Who’s to say both of those guys are locked in to playing left tackle? Maybe one plays left guard, center, right guard, right tackle. You put your best five offensive linemen out there.

“There are so many options out there right now. Anything is possible.’’

Another interesting option for the Chiefs is Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones, who had 28 sacks over the past two seasons. The Chiefs already have Pro Bowlers at outside linebacker in Tamba Hali and Justin Houston.

“They’re both pretty good players,’’ Dorsey said of the incumbents. “But who’s to say you couldn’t acquire another outside linebacker and what you could do is begin to rotate them. What you do is you make that unit better because they’re all fresher. They’re not on the field pounding all the time. That’s the thing about building quality depth. You can make your guys fresher in the fourth quarter.’’

Methinks Dorsey is trying to raise the value of Joekel. An attempt to draw in a trade partner.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9428882)
It's absolutely asinine that Teicher writes this shit instead of asking appropriate follow-up questions to mock this charade. What team uses a top-five pick, let alone 1/1, to acquire OL depth. Depth. Not a ****ing starter.

Cite several examples of this precedent please, John.

Even Tyson Jackson was a STARTER.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9428874)
Dorsey is never going to say a single sentence that reveals his thought process. Ever. There's literally no reason to interview him ever again.

Pretty much.

siberian khatru 02-23-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9428817)
Drafting "quality depth" with the first overall pick.

It's the Chiefs way.

FML

Chief Roundup 02-23-2013 03:51 PM

First impression....Well Joeckel and Jones are out of the running for the 1st overall.
These guys have to same something to the media. It has to be a possibility, positive and politically correct all the way. They are not going to tell anyone what they are going to do with the 1st overall until it is time to submit the card. I doubt they know who they are going to pick. I am sure there is a "short" list though.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428889)
Even Tyson Jackson was a STARTER.

Of course. BPA is a bullshit farce, and I'm tired of hearing about it.

Shitty teams, who are building something legitimate, don't really follow this philosophy, nor should they. It has to be a balance between need and talent.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 03:54 PM

that one move would make Dorsey the worst GM in the history of life

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9428905)
Of course. BPA is a bullshit farce, and I'm tired of hearing about it.

Shitty teams don't really follow this philosophy, nor should they. It has to be a balance between need and talent.

Good teams don't follow this philosophy.

Every team is filling holes, always.

Sure, you have a board and you don't draft slapdicks just to fill a need.

But to say you take BPA, need be damned, is silly and quite frankly, insulting.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 03:56 PM

who needs a QB when you can have the much more important "great competition at LT"....(yes, i know it's just blah blah blah right now)

Rexx 02-23-2013 03:57 PM

I know I shouldn't do this....but I keep thinking, why didn't we suck for Luck? It's crazy to think that the one year they get #1, there is no one to take. Unreal!

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:57 PM

Quite frankly, I think it's time for Andy Reid to be the face of this franchise. Dorsey needs to be focused on getting players, not talking about them.

It's not endearing him to anybody really.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexx (Post 9428921)
I know I shouldn't do this....but I keep thinking, why didn't we suck for Luck? It's crazy to think that the one year they get #1, there is no one to take. Unreal!

Oh, there's someone to take. People are just too chickenshit.

BlackHelicopters 02-23-2013 03:58 PM

I could win the powerball tonight. Who knows?