ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Our defense, if we drafted Ansah and Nico Johnson. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271214)

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9505771)
It'd be one thing if I'm taking him out for Andy Studebaker, but I'm not. I'm taking him out for ****ing Ezekial Ansah.

Who played in a weak conference and played sporadically before his senior season.

This is just not a good selection for the Chiefs defense.

Rasputin 03-16-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9505773)
I'm sorry, that is just plain dumb to say that Jerrel Powe, a sixth rounder who's shown nothing to date, should play before Dontari Poe, who showed pressure, athleticism and most of all endurance.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I didn't mean to say more than Dontari Poe, but they don't need Poe in for every down. Rotate Powe in there and get something out of him even if it's in spurts. We need to generate a push up the middle and collapse the pocket Powe has the power to do that. He is inexperienced and a sixth round I get that. Give him some more playing time and relieve Poe from every down.

jd1020 03-16-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9505790)
I didn't mean to say more than Dontari Poe, but they don't need Poe in for every down. Rotate Powe in there and get something out of him even if it's in spurts. We need to generate a push up the middle and collapse the pocket Powe has the power to do that. He is inexperienced and a sixth round I get that. Give him some more playing time and relieve Poe from every down.

Rotate Powe? GTFO

Powe is good for less than a handful of snaps just to give Poe a breather. Otherwise, ride that bench Powe.

Rasputin 03-16-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9505799)
Rotate Powe? GTFO

Powe is good for less than a handful of snaps just to give Poe a breather. Otherwise, ride that bench Powe.

Oh bull shit Powe is better than you guys are giving him credit for he just needs to get and make the best of his opportunities. I think he can serve well if this coaching change pushes the right buttons with him.

jd1020 03-16-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9505801)
Oh bull shit Powe is better than you guys are giving him credit for he just needs to get and make the best of his opportunities. I think he can serve well if this coaching change pushes the right buttons with him.

Poe > Powe.

No one ****ing cares about your man love for Powe.

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9505801)

Once again, this time with feeling:

:facepalm:

Rasputin 03-16-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9505803)
Poe > Powe.

No one ****ing cares about your man love for Powe.

I didn't say Powe was better than Poe. I said I want to see Powe play more and see less of Poe. I know Poe is and should be the starting NT. It's not dumb at all to give a guy an opportunity with playing time.

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9505822)
I didn't say Powe was better than Poe. I said I want to see Powe play more and see less of Poe. I know Poe is and should be the starting NT. It's not dumb at all to give a guy an opportunity with playing time.

No, no, no, no.

We should be seeing as much of Poe as possible, not less. He's a freak and has an amazing amount of endurance and stamina for a man his size.

Wear him the **** out.

milkman 03-16-2013 12:56 PM

To me, the reason Powe rarely saw the field under Romeo was that he lacked the discipline to maintain his assignment in Romeo's defense.

The rare times he did see the field, he was consistently trying to shoot gaps, rather than eating space.

He did show a quick burst with his first step, and got some penetratin on a handful of plays.

I think he will turn out to be a nice rotational player in this defense.

jd1020 03-16-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9505822)

I think it's time the Patriots start to think about rotating in Mallett to get him some playing time.

milkman 03-16-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9505838)
I think it's time the Patriots start to think about rotating in Mallett to get him some playing time.

That is just a stupid ****ing post.

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9505833)
To me, the reason Powe rarely saw the field under Romeo was that he lacked the discipline to maintain his assignment in Romeo's defense.

The rare times he did see the field, he was consistently trying to shoot gaps, rather than eating space.

He did show a quick burst with his first step, and got some penetratin on a handful of plays.

I think he will turn out to be a nice rotational player in this defense.

He may and he may not. But you don't pull a beast like Poe just to put Powe on the field for no apparent reason.

NJChiefsFan 03-16-2013 01:01 PM

Are we talking about Ansah at 1.1? If we take a guy at 1.1 I would like him to play in a majority of the defense snaps, which isn't happening in the scenario you are putting together here.

jd1020 03-16-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9505841)
That is just a stupid ****ing post.

So is replacing Poe with Powe just to get Powe playing time.

milkman 03-16-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9505843)
He may and he may not. But you don't pull a beast like Poe just to put Powe on the field for no apparent reason.

Every NFL team tries to rotate D-Lineman to keep the starters fresh.