ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****Official "I hate Luke Joeckel as a prospect" thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271277)

AndChiefs 03-18-2013 05:28 PM

I like him. Not an upgrade over Albert though.

Direckshun 03-18-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9511662)
Watch the Florida game, man.

Show me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GvNBXbt-KaI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nightfyre 03-18-2013 05:29 PM

I'm watching this Florida game on youtube right now and Joeckel has been beaten like a drum.

AndChiefs 03-18-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9511666)
By the way, let's just be clear about where this is headed.

The prospect of letting Albert walk and using the #1 overall on a tackle is so infuriating, we've misdirected that hostility to irrationally hate on what is, in all reality, a damn fine tackle prospect in Luke Joeckel.

Somebody, probably me, will rebut the notion that he's "garbage" and point out his redeeming qualities.

That person, probably me, will immediately be branded a Joeckel apologist who worships the magical ether that must surround Joeckel -- after all, why else would someone stand up for him?

And this thread will continue down that path until it eventually slides off the front page and out of our collective consciousness.

I've tried that before. The irrational hate for him won't let people see past it since he's not a QB. It's not an accident he is so highly regarded. He's a really good player.

RealSNR 03-18-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9511666)
By the way, let's just be clear about where this is headed.

The prospect of letting Albert walk and using the #1 overall on a tackle is so infuriating, we've misdirected that hostility to irrationally hate on what is, in all reality, a damn fine tackle prospect in Luke Joeckel.

Stopped reading right there.

He's fine. He's not damn fine though. He's a first round tackle prospect. He'd go in the top 10 picks in most draft years. I'd grade him as a slight upgrade over Tyron Smith, the #1 tackle taken in 2011.

He's NOT Joe Thomas or Orlando Pace. He's not Matt Kalil. He's not even ****ing Eric Fisher.

There will always be more Luke Joeckels. He's not special at all.

RealSNR 03-18-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9511673)
I've tried that before. The irrational hate for him won't let people see past it since he's not a QB. It's not an accident he is so highly regarded. He's a really good player.

Why do you think it is that Eric Fisher doesn't get the hate that Luke Joeckel does around here?

Direckshun 03-18-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9511678)
Stopped reading right there.

He's fine. He's not damn fine though. He's a first round tackle prospect. He'd go in the top 10 picks in most draft years. I'd grade him as a slight upgrade over Tyron Smith, the #1 tackle taken in 2011.

He's NOT Joe Thomas or Orlando Pace. He's not Matt Kalil. He's not even ****ing Eric Fisher.

There will always be more Luke Joeckels. He's not special at all.

Seeing how Tyron Smith is probably the worst tackle prospect to have gone in the Top Ten in my lifetime, that's mild praise at best.

I would agree he's not Joe Thomas or Orlando Pace.

I would say he's Matt Kalil. I see little functional difference. Both are finesse, both are battle tested, both are tacticians who play light and don't punish defenders.

Direckshun 03-18-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9511683)
Why do you think it is that Eric Fisher doesn't get the hate that Luke Joeckel does around here?

Because he's not the guy everybody and their mother knows we're drafting.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-18-2013 05:34 PM

He should look meaner! Omg!

Molitoth 03-18-2013 05:35 PM

Honestly I havnt even studied him because the chiefs shouldn't even be interested in a left tackle.

Nightfyre 03-18-2013 05:36 PM

Have you watched that Florida youtube D? #34 beats Joeckel for pressures on like four occasions. That's not even hyperbole. I will admit my OP was hyperbole, but you have to fuel these threads somehow. Joeckel is not even the best tackle prospect in this class, let alone a special prospect. Why are we even still discussing him at 1.1?

RealSNR 03-18-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9511685)
Seeing how Tyron Smith is probably the worst tackle prospect to have gone in the Top Ten in my lifetime, that's mild praise at best.

I would agree he's not Joe Thomas or Orlando Pace.

I would say he's Matt Kalil. I see little functional difference. Both are finesse, both are battle tested, both are tacticians who play light and don't punish defenders.

You bring up a great point. I thought Andy Reid hated finesse tackles. WTF is he doing putting his balls deep into Joeckel like this?

KC native 03-18-2013 05:38 PM

**** THAT ****ING PIECE OF ****ING SHIT AGGIE.

Chief_For_Life58 03-18-2013 05:39 PM

He stanks and I hate him!

Direckshun 03-18-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9511694)
Have you watched that Florida youtube D? #34 beats Joeckel for pressures on like four occasions. That's not even hyperbole. I will admit my OP was hyperbole, but you have to fuel these threads somehow. Joeckel is not even the best tackle prospect in this class, let alone a special prospect. Why are we even still discussing him at 1.1?

I said, show me. Show me where, in the video.

Show your work.