ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBC Sports to broadcast every English Premier League soccer game live on TV + Online (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272196)

Old Dog 04-17-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9595541)
Oh ok, now something that makes sense! Thanks old dog!

You're' quite welcome, kind sir. I must admit though, I think you're fibbing about not knowing about the amount of Mexicans.....I think Sioux City is greater than 15% Hispanic

KC native 04-17-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9595559)
It is a sea change in soccer coverage.

Also, there are not commercial breaks in the middle of soccer games.

There will be. Those one who sucks the peniss insist on commercial breaks during the 20 minute Q1 session and 15 minute Q2 session for F1.

They love doing the side by side thing where they keep the live event going but the audio is commercials.

|Zach| 04-17-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 9595568)
Isn't that why they have all the ads on the sides and on uniforms?

Yup, the ads on the side are no big deal. The "jersey sponsorships" take some getting used to but its pretty great to just sit and watch the sport with absolutely no breaks for two 45 min halves. Think about that.

|Zach| 04-17-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9595576)
There will be. Those one who sucks the peniss insist on commercial breaks during the 20 minute Q1 session and 15 minute Q2 session for F1.

They love doing the side by side thing where they keep the live event going but the audio is commercials.

There won't be. This isn't NBC's first broadcast. They are already doing MLS games.

There are not commercials in the middle of soccer games.

KC native 04-17-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

And haven't these games been available on Fox Sports? I see commercials on Directv dor Fox Sports and Fox Sports Soccer all the time.

loochy 04-17-2013 11:51 AM

I'm glad someone decided to step up and replace Fox Soccer on this. If only they could get CL and La Liga...

|Zach| 04-17-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9595590)
And haven't these games been available on Fox Sports? I see commercials on Directv dor Fox Sports and Fox Sports Soccer all the time.

Fox Sports used to hold the rights...NBC bought them up. ESPN has bought up national team rights.

ESPN and NBC share MLS rights.

Swanman 04-17-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

It's a great change from Fox Soccer. I have comcast and for whatever reason they never carried Fox Soccer in HD in the Chicago area. Now I will have access to HD soccer and free online streaming, so that's a great change.

loochy 04-17-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9595590)

fox soccer is going away because they lost the EPL contract...there's nothing left for them to show

|Zach| 04-17-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9595603)
I'm glad someone decided to step up and replace Fox Soccer on this. If only they could get CL and La Liga...

Fox Soccer is shit. They are probably going to go away. Now I just wish I could get a few Bundesliga games on a channel that isn't on some insane niche package. Haha.

|Zach| 04-17-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9595605)
It's a great change from Fox Soccer. I have comcast and for whatever reason they never carried Fox Soccer in HD in the Chicago area. Now I will have access to HD soccer and free online streaming, so that's a great change.

Yea, the online component is huge.

Deberg_1990 04-17-2013 11:52 AM

Isnt the FOX sports channel launching in August going to carry some soccer as well? I thought i remember mention of that when it was announced?

loochy 04-17-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9595615)
Fox Soccer is shit. They are probably going to go away. Now I just wish I could get a few Bundesliga games on a channel that isn't on some insane niche package. Haha.

They ARE aren't they? Aren't they turning into FXX (like an extended FX)?

|Zach| 04-17-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9595623)
Isnt the FOX sports channel launching in August going to carry some soccer as well? I thought i remember mention of that when it was announced?

I believe so. Not sure which rights they have anymore...maybe Serie A maybe La Liga.

I know they show CONCACAF Champions League games.

|Zach| 04-17-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9595629)
They ARE aren't they? Aren't they turning into FXX (like an extended FX)?

Yea, something like that. I read about a transformation that was expected but don't remember the details.