ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Draft Buzz (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291541)

Direckshun 03-26-2015 03:27 PM

He was injured running the 40 at the Combine, was he not?

Meatloaf 03-26-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11405035)
His combine was flat out awful. He tried to put on weight and didn't do it well. He claims he tweaked his hamstring on his first 40 run.

He's not a knucklehead nor does he have baggage. He failed a UA for adderol because he didn't have a prescription. He was late (we're talking minutes here) for meetings and weight lifting sessions.

If he is there in the 2nd, the Chiefs should draft him.

Thanks Native. BTW, my "knucklehead" comment had to do with his comment that he said that his coach would probably call him a knucklehead for being late to meetings and such. The baggage I was referring to related to him being a bit of a head case (in a nice way); kind of a free spirit. You know, stuff like attempting to put on weight and being out of shape for the combine......kinda weird, don't you think? Did he not get any advice? Did he listen to it? That's my concern; is he too free of a spirit? Anyway, I wasn't referring to the adderol thing as that didn't seem particularly egregious to me.

Don't get me wrong, I think the kid can flat play. In my mind he looks like the best ILB in the draft. Hope the Chiefs find a way to snag him.

Urc Burry 03-26-2015 06:21 PM

Charles Davis said don't be surprised if Kevin White is the 3rd receiver taken... if he makes it to the teens i'm going to want to trade up

Dante84 03-26-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11404820)
Perryman or Perriman?

Because Denzel Perryman's the best ILB in this draft.

My thoughts are below from a month ago. Again - limited exposure to him, but from his game tapes, he doesn't strike me as elite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DA_T_84 (Post 11289234)
I've heard a lot of hype over Denzel Perryman, and admittedly, I haven't seen him play.

I just watched his game against Nebraska - again, only and first impression - but I was kinda disappointed.

+ He is very strong; his arms wrap the runner with a huge impact on his tackles, and he lifts the runner up.
+ Holds his ground on blocks
+ He takes great angles in pursuit to the outside

- He seems slow to react; does a lot of watching and waiting... and sort of dances around the pile while other guys are on the ground.
- While he takes great angles, it was usually because he was slow to get to the initial point of contact. It's like he's trying to play clean up man, instead of the first-to-arrive destroyer mentality that we see with DJ sometimes.

Takeaways - I need to watch more on him, because he has a ton of buzz and I just don't see it yet. I'm guessing he lays nasty hits occasionally, but he just seems to be out there hovering and protecting himself. Almost reminds me of DRC just standing around the pile instead of getting in on the tackles. I expected to see more nasty, more fight I guess.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iUWs2o0NrmI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saccopoo 03-26-2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11405035)
His combine was flat out awful. He tried to put on weight and didn't do it well. He claims he tweaked his hamstring on his first 40 run.

He's not a knucklehead nor does he have baggage. He failed a UA for adderol because he didn't have a prescription. He was late (we're talking minutes here) for meetings and weight lifting sessions.

If he is there in the 2nd, the Chiefs should draft him.

Jesus ****ing Christ!!!!

Paul Dawson, if he's in playing shape, is 215/220 lb. max. with short arms. If he's not in playing shape at 230 lb., he's a fat **** who is slower than frozen elephant shit.

The ****ing guy is not playing in a 34. He would get completely ****ing destroyed in a 34. Guards will ****ing decapitate him. Tight ends will feast on his ****ing entrails.

No way, no how. Period. End of story. Doneski.

Direckshun 03-26-2015 08:42 PM

LMAO

Never change, Sac.

O.city 03-26-2015 08:46 PM

So Shaq Thompson at 18. Thoughts?

Direckshun 03-26-2015 08:48 PM

Not a fan, personally -- he's super athletic but I think he's an awkward fit at 3-4 ILB. I think he's got tweener written all over him.

He's more of a 4-3 OLB, or even a SS.

O.city 03-26-2015 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11405604)
Not a fan, personally -- he's super athletic but I think he's an awkward fit at 3-4 ILB. I think he's got tweener written all over him.

He's more of a 4-3 OLB, or even a SS.

I thought that, but with as much as we are in subsets, I dunno. Him and DJ in the middle would be pretty good in the tight end game.

He just screams versatility to me.

Direckshun 03-26-2015 08:56 PM

Yeah. Fair point. Honestly, you could throw a superb athlete like him into our defense and Sutton would maximize him.

Sutton had a banner year in 2014, and spun a bunch of straw into a bunch of gold. I'm a huge fan.

I think he could make do with Thompson. I'd just angle for better talent elsewhere.

O.city 03-26-2015 08:59 PM

True.

It's tough because he's def more athlete than football player at this point. That early in the draft, you'd rather have both.

KC native 03-26-2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11405433)
Jesus ****ing Christ!!!!

Paul Dawson, if he's in playing shape, is 215/220 lb. max. with short arms. If he's not in playing shape at 230 lb., he's a fat **** who is slower than frozen elephant shit.

The ****ing guy is not playing in a 34. He would get completely ****ing destroyed in a 34. Guards will ****ing decapitate him. Tight ends will feast on his ****ing entrails.

No way, no how. Period. End of story. Doneski.

You are wrong.

KC native 03-26-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 11405202)
Thanks Native. BTW, my "knucklehead" comment had to do with his comment that he said that his coach would probably call him a knucklehead for being late to meetings and such. The baggage I was referring to related to him being a bit of a head case (in a nice way); kind of a free spirit. You know, stuff like attempting to put on weight and being out of shape for the combine......kinda weird, don't you think? Did he not get any advice? Did he listen to it? That's my concern; is he too free of a spirit? Anyway, I wasn't referring to the adderol thing as that didn't seem particularly egregious to me.

Don't get me wrong, I think the kid can flat play. In my mind he looks like the best ILB in the draft. Hope the Chiefs find a way to snag him.

He was training at some camp in Cali with Chris Hackett. They both had added weight and were slow at the combine. Not sure what the advisers at the camp were thinking.

redshirt32 03-27-2015 02:31 AM

Jeff Luc under the radar

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...luc?id=2553101
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f.../individual/34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eepWXJywEOs

Looks in shape and seems nice lol, had six FF last year, averages about the same tackles as Ben Heeney but Ben had 88 solo tackles last year compared to 65 for Luc.

Im starting to warm up to this guy and big Ben from Kansas Ben more so, of course there is Vigil and that Mayo kid from Tex.

Chiefs should get one of these players based on there production alone or two see if they can make the final cut date.

Looking at more tape and stats on LBs there has to be diamond in the rough for LBs this year.....

Direckshun 03-27-2015 02:33 AM

I like Ben Heeney a ton as a late rounder.

Mike Hull is pretty great too.