ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody remember TE Walter White? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274664)

Rain Man 07-20-2013 08:44 AM

he was a really good tight end. I remember him making several place for us and I thought he had a lot of promise, but then he just disappeared. in those days, if you lived outside Kansas City you did not get much information. I presumed that he had some sort of offseason injury or late season injury that ended his career. too bad.

Bwana 07-20-2013 08:46 AM

I'm glad you got the chance to meet him, he sounds like a good guy. I'm also sorry to hear he isn't getting around all that well at this point, but I'm not surprised.

OnTheWarpath15 07-20-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9823017)
Not related but I just met rich eisen. Asked if he wanted to run a forty this morning. He declined.

I think he would outrun me though
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9823019)
Also met most of rob riggle's family. Nice people
Posted via Mobile Device

Where the **** are you that you ran into these two? Charity event?

SAUTO 07-20-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9823059)
Where the **** are you that you ran into these two? Charity event?

Childrens mercy. They are here visiting kids hell Johnny Knoxville was here too. some others.
Paul Rudd and Jason sudekis ? Too.

They put on a poker tournament for the childrens mercy cancer center.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 07-20-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9823064)
Childrens mercy. They are here visiting kids hell Johnny Knoxville was here too. some others.
Paul Rudd and Jason sudekis ? Too.

They put on a poker tournament for the childrens mercy cancer center.
Posted via Mobile Device

Very cool. Hope they are able to brighten the day for some of the youngsters.

CoMoChief 07-20-2013 10:11 AM

Never heard of him.

Other than the Chiefs SB teams in the 60's and the documentaries and stories and pics from local Kansas Citians and what the NFL Films show on NFL network etc, I rarely know of any players from the 70's and majority of the 80's up until the late 80's and when Marty and Carl took over.

DTLB58 07-20-2013 10:19 AM

Sure do. But those were my radio listening days. No Chiefs on TV up here then.

But I have referred to him several times in the past on here.

DanT 07-20-2013 10:21 AM

Mr. White comes from a lovely family in Virginia. I got to share a meal with them when my younger brother was in law school there.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-20-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9822970)
He sells the best meth in the A-B-Q.

Not anymore he don't. Sweets has taken ovah.

BigMeatballDave 07-20-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9823580)
Not anymore he don't. Sweets has taken ovah.

Aren't you in prison for slinging meth?

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-20-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9823612)
Aren't you in prison for slinging meth?

Not yet.

SAUTO 07-20-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9823071)
Very cool. Hope they are able to brighten the day for some of the youngsters.

Oh and Olivia Wilde.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lex Luthor 07-21-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9823076)
Never heard of him.

Other than the Chiefs SB teams in the 60's and the documentaries and stories and pics from local Kansas Citians and what the NFL Films show on NFL network etc, I rarely know of any players from the 70's and majority of the 80's up until the late 80's and when Marty and Carl took over.

Those of us who suffered through the total ineptitude of this franchise from 1974 to 1988 are better equipped to understand that the ten years of Marty and Carl were good years. You can't call it a "golden era" because of the playoff disappointments, but it was a damn sight better than the shit sandwiches this franchise has been serving up for the last 6 years.

When I see idiot posters in other threads say they'd rather see this team go 2-14 than 10-6, it makes me want to puke.

Chiefshrink 07-21-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9822955)
I didn't remember him playing.

Was there any Chief player or Chief game worth remembering from 1975-79 ? :D

Rain Man 07-21-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9823076)
Never heard of him.

The weird thing is that the Chiefs had some very talented players in the 70s and 80s, but they're kind of forgotten since those teams were so bad. If Gary Barbaro hadn't become a traitor he's probably be one of my five favorite Chiefs of all time. Gary Green was a great cornerback, and of course we had Art Still and Bill Maas. We all know about Cherry and Lewis and Ross and Burruss, too.

The interesting thing about this list is that there are no offensive players on it, and I think that is what doomed those teams more than anything. Other than John Alt, our best offensive players had a couple of good years, but no long-term career success. Joe Delaney, Walter White, Carlos Carson, Bill Kenney, and those guys never sustained their success, and guys like Henry Marshall and Matt Herkenhoff who played for a long time really weren't top-tier players in the league. They just had no competition for their spots.

I really wonder how things would be different if Blackledge had been a franchise guy or if we had drafted Marino. That's the biggest question in this franchise's history.