ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Fisher to LT? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282553)

kcchiefsus 03-25-2014 07:24 AM

Sure it would be good for it to be a competition for LT between him and Stephenson. However, you can also view it as being better for each to be settled in at their respective position as early as possible so they have as much time to get comfortable there.

Chief_For_Life58 03-25-2014 07:25 AM

he's gonna get his shit pushed in

BigMeatballDave 03-25-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10514869)
When he dominates at LT this year and begins his string of consecutive Pro Bowls that surely will lead into a HOF induction I hope each and every one of you writes him a note apologizing for all the mean things you've said about him.

He's a Fisher of men, you all. A Fisher of men.

Fisher King?

Dunerdr 03-25-2014 07:28 AM

Anyone who is surprised I'd an idiot. He was a high upside guy that's why he was drafted. High upside means he wasn't at full potential day 1. I think your gonna find most of what Dorsey drafts will be like this. Kelce, Davis, and Commings are all guys with the equipment who need coached up. If your still confused see Tyler Bray, million dollar arm,10 cent brain, shitty college coaches.

htismaqe 03-25-2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10514843)
I said this several times and caught shit for it.

People caught shit for suggesting he SHOULD be the starting LT, without earning it.

Pretty much everybody here figured he WOULD be the starting LTE, without earning it.

nychief 03-25-2014 07:32 AM

He played out of position all last season, I for one, am looking forward to seeing him on the left side.

BigMeatballDave 03-25-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10514860)
I think many said he would be the starting LT soon, especially given the Brandon Albert situation. This is no surprise.

I argued with a few about this and I was laughed at.

BigMeatballDave 03-25-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10514882)
People caught shit for suggesting he SHOULD be the starting LT, without earning it.

Pretty much everybody here figured he WOULD be the starting LTE, without earning it.

That's not what I said, at all.

I said he should go into TC as the starter.

T-post Tom 03-25-2014 07:56 AM

Confirmation from NFL.com

Kansas City Chiefs offensive lineman Eric Fisher is moving to the position he was drafted to play.

Coach Andy Reid finally confirmed Tuesday at the NFL Annual Meeting that the No. 1 pick in the 2013 NFL Draft will move to left tackle, per SB Nation's Ryan Van Bibber.

Reid was reluctant to acknowledge the move until long-time left tackle Branden Albert took his talents to South Beach on the first day of free agency.

After struggling out of the gate last season, Fisher gradually improved at right tackle down the stretch. With ideal size, quick feet and athleticism, he was billed as an ideal blindside protector coming out of Central Michigan.

With veteran guards Jon Asamoah and Geoff Schwartz joining Albert in a Kansas City exodus, the team's offensive line is in flux this year. Donald Stephenson likely will start at right tackle, with newly signed journeyman Jeff Linkenbach penciled in at right guard.

Blocking will be a major question mark for an offense that averaged 35 points from Week 12 through the playoff loss to the Colts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ew-left-tackle

Tombstone RJ 03-25-2014 08:03 AM

everyone with any common sense saw this coming a mile away.

Dave Lane 03-25-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10514861)
smith is gonna get his shit pushed in

He better be working on his wind sprints.

htismaqe 03-25-2014 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10514887)
That's not what I said, at all.

I said he should go into TC as the starter.

If you said he SHOULD go into TC as the starter, then you deserved the shit you got.

Eric Fisher needs to EARN his spot, especially considering how poorly he played at times last year.

Dave Lane 03-25-2014 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10514869)
When he dominates at LT this year and begins his string of consecutive Pro Bowls that surely will lead into a HOF induction I hope each and every one of you writes him a note apologizing for all the mean things you've said about him.

He's a Fisher of men, you all. A Fisher of men.

If Fisher makes the Hall of Fame I will write an epic poem an ode to his warrior heart were that to happen.

Gravedigger 03-25-2014 08:10 AM

Who didnt see him going Left this season with Albert gone?

htismaqe 03-25-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10514934)
Who didnt see him going Left this season with Albert gone?

Everybody knew it was going to happen. The question is whether or not people agree with the move.