ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AFC West - 7 games left (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288250)

Mav 11-10-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11100689)
Seattle and Denver are both home games which could go either way. Seattle runs the ball well and that's our only real weakness on defense. Denver we just can't seem to beat (until we finally do...). Would not shock me to lose them both. Obviously I hope that doesn't happen.

I don't think any division game is ever a foregone conclusion, so it would not surprise me to see either a split with Oakland, or SD spoiling our season in week 17. Which may well be all they're playing for by that point.

Pittsburgh is Jekyll and Hyde. That game could go either way. I think a loss is more likely than a win at this point, but anything could happen.

And Arizona isn't out of it with Stanton. They went 2-1 (beat the Giants on the road and 9ers at home) with him earlier in the year. It's probably fair to say it's more winnable now, but that game's not exactly an automatic win, either.

I agree with all of that, but in all honesty, this Chiefs team just finds a way to win. I never once, not one time yesterday ever said the Chiefs were going to lose that game. Not even when they went down by 10.

I knew at half time the titans game was over, I doubted they would be the 49ers and I was pretty sure they were going to lose to Denver.

It goes by week but my gut tells me right now, that Seattle is a Win. Raiders is a win, and Denver is a toss up.

RealSNR 11-10-2014 09:39 AM

...but what about the Raiders?

Mr. Flopnuts 11-10-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11100680)
Eh. That is NOT the Super bowl champs. that is a good team, but they are beatable, and much like the Cardinals, they thrive on creating turnovers. Something Alex Smith just will not do. I refuse to back down off of my premise that every single game if you are going to beat the CHIEFS, you are going to take it from them. They have zero quit in them.

I don't think there is a team they play coming up that looks at the chiefs and goes, "we will win that game."

besides, you just called your shot above. You said we beat Denver, so with given that info, find me three other games we lose outside of that lol.

Im homering this bitch till the wheels fall off.

Really, I'm with you. All the way. I could see us going 12-4. Legit. As a long term Chiefs fan though, I'm cautiously optimistic. This is no shot at you, but you really have no idea what it's been like as a Chiefs fan over the last 20 years. I know your team has sucked, but mine's been just good enough to let me down in January a metric **** ton. I don't have the ability to go full homer. No long term fan of this team does either. Everyone is ****ing scared in the back of their mind. Been there done that too many times...

Mr. Flopnuts 11-10-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11100689)
Seattle and Denver are both home games which could go either way. Seattle runs the ball well and that's our only real weakness on defense. Denver we just can't seem to beat (until we finally do...). Would not shock me to lose them both. Obviously I hope that doesn't happen.

I don't think any division game is ever a foregone conclusion, so it would not surprise me to see either a split with Oakland, or SD spoiling our season in week 17. Which may well be all they're playing for by that point.

Pittsburgh is Jekyll and Hyde. That game could go either way. I think a loss is more likely than a win at this point, but anything could happen.

And Arizona isn't out of it with Stanton. They went 2-1 (beat the Giants on the road and 9ers at home) with him earlier in the year. It's probably fair to say it's more winnable now, but that game's not exactly an automatic win, either.

Personally, I'd be happy with 4-3, and thrilled with anything better than that.

Absolutely all of this.

Mav 11-10-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11100707)
Really, I'm with you. All the way. I could see us going 12-4. Legit. As a long term Chiefs fan though, I'm cautiously optimistic. This is no shot at you, but you really have no idea what it's been like as a Chiefs fan over the last 20 years. I know your team has sucked, but mine's been just good enough to let me down in January a metric **** ton. I don't have the ability to go full homer. No long term fan of this team does either. Everyone is ****ing scared in the back of their mind. Been there done that too many times...

Im aware.

But I get it. IN fairness, for the past 15 years, with the exception of 2002, and 2007, im already dick deep in the nfl draft like it was new pussy.

Now the fact that the Browns, and Chiefs, are dick deep in the playoff hunt like its a Friday night fraternity toga party with slutty bitches everywhere.

Im getting my horn dog on you know what im saying.

yeah, YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING lol.

Ragged Robin 11-10-2014 09:54 AM

It'll be close (not just the division but the wild card too), this team can't afford to let a game or two they're "supposed to win" slide (every single loss from here on out will be huge).

Seattle will be a lot like the 9ers game, except we're playing a 5x better quarterback. I think the 0-rushing-td streak will end and the D-line will get pushed around in the run game. Sutton's D is good at preventing the big play but lets other teams sustain long drives, especially if they can run the ball. If they win the TOP like @SF and @BUF then it'll get ugly and we'll need to count on some more Reid/Alex magic at the end of the game.

sedated 11-10-2014 09:55 AM

Other divisions get the media love, but if Den, KC and SD all make the playoffs for the 2nd straight year, there should be little doubt the AFC West is one of the best.

-King- 11-10-2014 09:56 AM

We'd be the #1 seed if we beat the Titans. Damn that loss hurt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts 11-10-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11100711)
Im aware.

But I get it. IN fairness, for the past 15 years, with the exception of 2002, and 2007, im already dick deep in the nfl draft like it was new pussy.

Now the fact that the Browns, and Chiefs, are dick deep in the playoff hunt like its a Friday night fraternity toga party with slutty bitches everywhere.

ROFL

RealSNR 11-10-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11100711)
Im aware.

If the Chiefs meet the Browns in the playoffs, what will happen?

TEX 11-10-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11100718)
We'd be the #1 seed if we beat the Titans. Damn that loss hurt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. THAT one is gonna haunt us all year...:banghead:

TEX 11-10-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11100713)
It'll be close (not just the division but the wild card too), this team can't afford to let a game or two they're "supposed to win" slide (every single loss from here on out will be huge).

Seattle will be a lot like the 9ers game, except we're playing a 5x better quarterback. I think the 0-rushing-td streak will end and the D-line will get pushed around in the run game. Sutton's D is good at preventing the big play but lets other teams sustain long drives, especially if they can run the ball. If they win the TOP like @SF and @BUF then it'll get ugly and we'll need to count on some more Reid/Alex magic at the end of the game.

Yep. Plus it's gonna be hard for KC to run the ball. Seattle is going to try and make Smith beat them. Deal is though, Seattle does make mistakes and KC needs to capitalize on every one.

Mile High Mania 11-10-2014 10:09 AM

Denver need to find a ground game, and it isn't Ball. Will be interesting to see how much more action CJ gets, definitely a RBBC and it's just not a focus for them and that needs to change.

JT, DT and Sanders need to continue being huge, especially Julius... He has 12 TDs now, could end with 20.

keg in kc 11-10-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11100734)
If the Chiefs meet the Browns in the playoffs, what will happen?

The world will end. That's one of the seven signs in paul's revelation.

BigMeatballDave 11-10-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 11100690)
I'd be really really shocked

I wouldn't. Rams are not nearly as bad as they were in Arrowhead, and they look tough at home.

You know that D will be up for Peyton.