ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Another zombie show: The Returned (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278123)

frankotank 11-04-2013 12:46 PM

well.....at first I was super turned off by the subtitles.
but man....I thought this show was really good!

at the end....the scene that started just after it said "four years ago".....I was absolutely blown away.

frankotank 11-08-2013 01:59 PM

OK....watched episode two last night.
I really try to not like anything new. I feel like I spend too much time watching shows anyways. but I can't help it. I am loving this show so far.

frankotank 11-15-2013 08:24 AM

THIS SHOW IS AWESOME!
dude! I am seriously. I'm predicting a huge following once this catches on. simply badass! is anyone watching this????

the shit that's going on is like damn! just wow!

the psycho killer. the creepy twin. (actually the non-creepy twin started freaking me out last night too!) WTF is up with Victor??? I have an idea about him...but.....I just don't know!

Spoiler!

this is like a really good book that has you thinking....now how in the blue blazes are they gonna pull this all together?

to this point I don't think it's fair to categorize this as a zombie show....but then again I don't know what the hell is going on quite yet.

Fire Me Boy! 11-15-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10188956)
THIS SHOW IS AWESOME!
dude! I am seriously. I'm predicting a huge following once this catches on. simply badass! is anyone watching this????

the shit that's going on is like damn! just wow!

the psycho killer. the creepy twin. (actually the non-creepy twin started freaking me out last night too!) WTF is up with Victor??? I have an idea about him...but.....I just don't know!

Spoiler!

this is like a really good book that has you thinking....now how in the blue blazes are they gonna pull this all together?

to this point I don't think it's fair to categorize this as a zombie show....but then again I don't know what the hell is going on quite yet.

I've got the episodes on DVR, but haven't started watching yet. Glad to see it's good. :)

frankotank 11-22-2013 08:33 AM

episode 4

so my hypothesis about victor was wrong. still not sure why he sought out the doctor lady. creepy little bastard.
the twin storyline becomes more and more intriguing.
interesting the lights went out when they did....hmmm....

still not convinced it should be categorized as a zombie show....but we still don't really know the deal quite yet.

this show is so cool. my favorite right now.

EDIT - ummm.....I just realized I'd never actually watched the trailer (what a dingbat), so I did. yup! it's a zombie show! damn. they are certainly taking their time getting to the meat. I don't believe one second of any scene from the first 4 episodes is in that trailer. which is pretty damn cool considering that the trailer looks pretty cool....and the first 4 episodes have been pretty cool as well. this is gonna be a really fun ride.

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 09:36 AM

frank, what you're watching, is it subtitled? The only show I've found seems to be the original Les Revenants...

notorious 11-22-2013 09:37 AM

Please let me know when there is a marathon on.

frankotank 11-22-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10211555)
frank, what you're watching, is it subtitled? The only show I've found seems to be the original Les Revenants...

yes. subtitled. airs on sundance channel...and.....DUH! that trailer is in English.
what the hell is going on!!!

frankotank 11-22-2013 09:45 AM

I believe the trailer is for a movie called The Returned.
But the SHOW is Les Revenants. since your title says "Another Zombie Show", I would assume you meant this thread to be about the TV show not the movie?

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10211563)
yes. subtitled. airs on sundance channel...and.....DUH! that trailer is in English.
what the hell is going on!!!

Found a link just a few minutes ago. A&E is doing an American remake. They're gearing up for season 2 of the one you're watching.

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10211571)
I believe the trailer is for a movie called The Returned.
But the SHOW is Les Revenants. since your title says "Another Zombie Show", I would assume you meant this thread to be about the TV show not the movie?

Nope, remake of the show, on A&E. I just talked about this. Pay attention.

Baby Lee 11-22-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10143553)
AVClub gave it an A.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-returned,104889/
Spoiler!

Completely different show.

The show in this thread APPEARS to be the anticipated remake of Les Revenants from France. But it bears no resemblance to the French show. Les Revenants was more moody and opaque, kind on Twin Peaks, X-Files, Lost feel, where the returned just show up and initially don't appear to even know they've been dead. They get a lot of mileage early on out of people thinking they're being haunted, when its in fact fresh and blood 'humans' appearing for them. A lot is left unexplained and it's very atmospheric.

It won an International Emmy for best drama. Many of the early episodeshad compelling twists and drama to them, but I worried towards the end that it was going to far into Lost-land where they set up a ton of shit and pay nothing off. It's a occasionally compelling mishmash of the supernatural, the mundane, and a few head scratchers.

Baby Lee 11-22-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10159316)
well.....at first I was super turned off by the subtitles.
but man....I thought this show was really good!

at the end....the scene that started just after it said "four years ago".....I was absolutely blown away.

The absolute highlight of the show was when one of the twins tapped on her sister's bedroom wall. Great setup, great payoff.

Baby Lee 11-22-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10211451)
episode 4

so my hypothesis about victor was wrong. still not sure why he sought out the doctor lady. creepy little bastard.
the twin storyline becomes more and more intriguing.
interesting the lights went out when they did....hmmm....

still not convinced it should be categorized as a zombie show....but we still don't really know the deal quite yet.

this show is so cool. my favorite right now.

EDIT - ummm.....I just realized I'd never actually watched the trailer (what a dingbat), so I did. yup! it's a zombie show! damn. they are certainly taking their time getting to the meat. I don't believe one second of any scene from the first 4 episodes is in that trailer. which is pretty damn cool considering that the trailer looks pretty cool....and the first 4 episodes have been pretty cool as well. this is gonna be a really fun ride.

Nothing in the trailer was in the entire first season.

frankotank 11-22-2013 09:51 AM

yeah this is what I'm watching.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2Z-JovCbrVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>