ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2013 Free Agent Cornerbacks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268518)

crazycoffey 01-05-2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 9284218)
In all honesty I just dont see the eagles letting go of DRC.

in all honesty I just don't see the chiefs letting go of Carr. /many pundits last year.

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 05:17 AM

Byrd and DRC.

Maybe pick up TJ McDonald or something in the draft.....anything to get Kendrick Lewis and Elam off of the field. I guess Menzie is coming back but we never really got to see anything out of him.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:47 AM

DRC or Jenkins are the only ones I'd be interested in on that list. We need so much help on the offense, that I'm hoping we go after one of those guys. Unless of course we make a huge push for Mike Wallace to go along side a resigned Bowe. Even still, we have a lot of work to do in the draft, so I would like to see us push for one of the two CB's I listed above.

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 08:07 AM

Best God damn secondary in NFL

#1CB Brandon Flowers
#2CB Rogers-Cromartie (FA)
NCB Tyrann Mathieu (D-rd 3/4)
DCB Javier Arenas
FS Jarius Byrd (FA)
SS Eric Berry

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284427)
Best God damn secondary in NFL

#1CB Brandon Flowers
#2CB Rogers-Cromartie (FA)
NCB Tyrann Mathieu (D-rd 3/4)
DCB Javier Arenas
FS Jarius Byrd (FA)
SS Eric Berry

We don't want honey badger at all. At ****ing all.

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284428)

Why? guy's a hell of a player

The guy may be a major steal in the mid rounds, when he'd be a first rd talent if not for his history.

Micjones 01-05-2013 08:12 AM

Mathieu would be a Justin Houston type steal in the middle rounds.
I'm starting to warm up to that idea.

Jewish Rabbi 01-05-2013 08:14 AM

You forgot to put Stanford Routt on the list.

KCrockaholic 01-05-2013 08:21 AM

You guys don't want Mike Jenkins or DRC. They both suck believe it or not. DRC might be fixable, but Jenkins is a bum.

Sean Smith would be ideal.

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9284455)
You guys don't want Mike Jenkins or DRC. They both suck believe it or not. DRC might be fixable, but Jenkins is a bum.

Sean Smith would be ideal.

Jenkins is a turd....hasn't been shit since he stepped into this league.

DRC has been a stud once before...hasn't lived up to it since, but he CAN be very very good at times. It's a lot better than anything we have at #2CB spot.

Saccopoo 01-05-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284431)
Why? guy's a hell of a player

The guy may be a major steal in the mid rounds, when he'd be a first rd talent if not for his history.

Because he's small as shit, and doesn't have the capability of pressing a NFL receiver off the line. He also doesn't have the top end speed to keep with most #2 wideouts.

He's also a junkie.

All he is at the next level is a smaller version of Javier Arenas that you are going to have to baby sit for his entire career. And I don't think he gives you anywhere near the blitz capabilities that Arenas does.

No ****ing thanks.

You want a #2 CB? Then you draft a guy like David Amerson or Xavier Rhodes in the top of the second round. 6'2", 200 lbs.+ guys who are very good at press coverage that have the size to cover NFL receivers.

SAUTO 01-05-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284428)

I'm with you here.

And no the guy hasn't been a hell of a player

Good return guy, that's all he will be in the nfl EDIT: the last wasn't directed at you flop
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 01-05-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9284439)
Mathieu would be a Justin Houston type steal in the middle rounds.
I'm starting to warm up to that idea.

Considering he will be a UDFA, no. Not a steal at all.

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9284467)
Because he's small as shit, and doesn't have the capability of pressing a NFL receiver off the line. He also doesn't have the top end speed to keep with most #2 wideouts.

He's also a junkie.

All he is at the next level is a smaller version of Javier Arenas that you are going to have to baby sit for his entire career. And I don't think he gives you anywhere near the blitz capabilities that Arenas does.

No ****ing thanks.

You want a #2 CB? Then you draft a guy like David Amerson or Xavier Rhodes in the top of the second round. 6'2", 200 lbs.+ guys who are very good at press coverage that have the size to cover NFL receivers.

JFC man did you even read any of my posts? I dont want Mathieu as a #2CB

htismaqe 01-05-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284567)
JFC man did you even read any of my posts? I dont want Mathieu as a #2CB

No you thought he'd be a "major steal" in the mid-rounds when he won't even be drafted....