ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Captain America: Civil War (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293795)

Munson 08-08-2015 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11647203)
This has to be wrong. Our are you BSing?

They spent a bit of Avengers arguing about blindly following orders given by the government. If choose Captain America was for it, and Stark against it. Hope this giant hole isn't the plot line.

Not 100% sure, but I thought that was the basic plot of the Civil War story in the comics.

ThaVirus 08-08-2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11647203)
This has to be wrong. Or are you BSing?

They spent a bit of Avengers arguing about blindly following orders given by the government or shield. Of course Captain America was for it, and Stark against it. Hope this giant hole isn't the plot line.

Hah.

That's what I'm curious about. The way they have it set up in the MCU, Cap should be for it and Iron Man against it.

.. Then again, Stark's name is already in the open and registered. Despite MCU Tony's disdain for the government, it shouldn't be too hard to sell.

Buehler445 08-08-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11647616)
Hah.

That's what I'm curious about. The way they have it set up in the MCU, Cap should be for it and Iron Man against it.

.. Then again, Stark's name is already in the open and registered. Despite MCU Tony's disdain for the government, it shouldn't be too hard to sell.

I would think Cap would be anti government after winter soldier.

AustinChief 08-08-2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11647616)
Hah.

It's Marvel.. I'm not worried about them screwing up in any major way... we aren't talking DC here.

RobBlake 08-08-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 11647696)
It's Marvel.. I'm not worried about them screwing up in any major way... we aren't talking DC here.

how dare you

Silock 08-08-2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11646982)
Wasn't this plot already explored in the X-Men films?

Nope.

Bowser 08-08-2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Yes, kind of. In DoFP, mutants are required to live in camps IIRC, and we never see the buildup to how it got to that point. In Civil War, I *think* enhanced people are just being forced to register their abilities to the government.

I think.

Jamie 08-08-2015 08:46 PM

The thing that gets forgotten about Stark's motivation for supporting registration in the comics is that it largely came from arrogance.

He believed that registration was inevitable, and if they just let it happen they probably wouldn't like who was in charge. So he decided to do it himself, so that at least someone trustworthy would be running it. Of course Stark feels he's a lot more trustworthy than everybody else does.

The larger Civil War crossover (all the tie-ins, as opposed to just the limited series) deviates from this though, because some of the writers bought into the Patriot Act allegory too hard and portrayed Stark as a straight-up villain.

ThaVirus 08-08-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Sort of. It was touched on in the very first X-Men. Senator Kelly mentioned mutants powerful enough to walk through walls and read minds. He wanted them all to be registered.

thabear04 11-25-2015 10:30 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uVdV-lxRPFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>