ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports **** OFFICIAL 2015 NASCAR THREAD **** (And Jeff Gordon's Last Full Season) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290172)

GloryDayz 02-14-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 11325945)
A few updates.

Chase Elliott will be driving Jeff Gordon's car next season

Carl Edwards is a bad ass

Spring Unlimited tomorrow

Chase has some shoes to fill, but seems as up to the job as anybody else. Let's hope the HMS shop keeps turning out those awesome engines....

http://www.dawsonadvertiser.com/view...main_image_top

Start Croyle 02-14-2015 04:26 PM

When I was a kid/teenager I followed NASCAR really close. My dad and I watched every race each season and attended several in person.

I (and we) began losing interest as they started bringing in more rule changes and making the cars more uniform. I more or less stopped following it a season or so after they changed the name from Winston Cup. My understanding is that the trend has continued and they've tried hard to make it appeal to a wider audience with the Chase thing.

What's this 'contender round/eliminator round' stuff about?

GloryDayz 02-14-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Start Croyle (Post 11326644)
When I was a kid/teenager I followed NASCAR really close. My dad and I watched every race each season and attended several in person.

I (and we) began losing interest as they started bringing in more rule changes and making the cars more uniform. I more or less stopped following it a season or so after they changed the name from Winston Cup. My understanding is that the trend has continued and they've tried hard to make it appeal to a wider audience with the Chase thing.

What's this 'contender round/eliminator round' stuff about?

Simply said, they're trying to crate a play-off in a sport that needs the same 43 cars racing in the last week as they had in the first week.

As for the rest of it, if they didn't do what they're doing they'd have the $4T teams (like my own HMS) wiping-up the track with the $1M teams. There's a lot more to it than that, but most of it, how do you get 43 cars out there, many of which have a real shot to win? And, like any other sport, they want to make sure "the gear" is about as equal as you can get so that it's the drivers and pit crews winning the races, not the car with 300HP more than the rest.

So it's just a matter of limits. Add to it they added safety they're looking to infuse into the sport, and you get an added layer.

That being said, I think we all wish they'd get rid of the restrictor plates. Let them rip!

GloryDayz 02-14-2015 07:20 PM

If SPRINT spent more time making a network that doesn't suck than advertising they might not be laying-off so many people...

GloryDayz 02-14-2015 07:54 PM

BK is 2015's first wreck... Larson might get a talking to, he just slowly drove up onto him.. LOL, Brad's going to be pissed!

GloryDayz 02-14-2015 08:19 PM

Big wreck.... Many new cars will be built from scratch...

mlyonsd 02-14-2015 08:22 PM

Gotta love a big wreck.

GloryDayz 02-14-2015 08:31 PM

I love them more when Jeff's not affected!

GloryDayz 02-15-2015 12:59 PM

Wow.... NASCAR will be lucky if folks don't end up racing with rentals at the rate they're going through cars in this qualifying format!

ptlyon 02-15-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 11327527)
Wow.... NASCAR will be lucky if folks don't end up racing with rentals at the rate they're going through cars in this qualifying format!

They've got enough problems filling the stands with all this changing bullshit they have been doing.

This group qualifying it's utterly stupid. Difference is, Nascar does not control the views or opinions of the drivers like the NFL does its players, yet.

mlyonsd 02-15-2015 01:21 PM

The drivers should all band together and have everybody run one 5 minute lap.

GloryDayz 02-15-2015 01:25 PM

I wonder what would happen if somebody backed all the way down pit road. What happens to the sensor...

GloryDayz 02-15-2015 01:26 PM

What's gay about this is that not only will a LOT of cars get torn up, in Daytona all that matters is getting in, but the 30th lap it won't matter where you started.

Dr. Gigglepants 02-15-2015 01:28 PM

Dumbest thing I've ever seen
Posted via Mobile Device

GloryDayz 02-15-2015 01:31 PM

LOL, now cars that are out of it are going to start blocking for their team mates. I like it!!! so those with provisionals might never even try, just help their friends who don't have provisionals get in by blocking.

I think Mr. France has some work to do to fix this mess they invented!