ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251423)

DMAC 10-19-2011 10:09 AM

Deliverance

TrickyNicky 10-19-2011 10:44 AM

Fire in the Sky. I was only 9, but that's the last movie that gave me nightmares.

Stewie 10-19-2011 10:52 AM

The first two scary movies I saw were Psycho and The Birds. They were on TV and I was probably 10 years old. Scared the crap out of me. Overall, the Exorcist is the scariest. I saw it for the first time at the movie theater on a midnight movie screening. It had quite an impact.

ReynardMuldrake 10-19-2011 11:00 AM

Also, if anyone is into the low budget Blair Witch/Paranormal Activity style documentary horror movies, I highly recommend the web serial called Marble Hornets. Smallest budget, but I actually liked it the best of the three. You can find it on Youtube.

Fish 10-19-2011 11:20 AM

I saw Amittyville Horror when I was about 8 or 9. That one caused some serious nightmares for me for some reason.

QuikSsurfer 10-19-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8006280)
Also, if anyone is into the low budget Blair Witch/Paranormal Activity style documentary horror movies, I highly recommend the web serial called Marble Hornets. Smallest budget, but I actually liked it the best of the three. You can find it on Youtube.

I started watching this (the slender man) a while back -- I enjoy it but after reading House of Leaves -- I see where the Marble Hornets crew got their ideas.

Demonpenz 10-19-2011 11:24 AM

Silence of the Lambs....the ending.....in a theatre........ HE WORE A DUDES FACE FOR BILL PECOTA'S SAKES!

QuikSsurfer 10-19-2011 11:24 AM

Jacob's Ladder
The Exorcist (really gave me the spooks as a kid)

Honorable mention:
[Rec]

BoneKrusher 10-19-2011 11:25 AM

WolfCreek

lcarus 10-19-2011 11:29 AM

I really like a movie called Session 9. They filmed it inside a real abandoned mental hospital in Danvers, Massachusetts. It's a pretty slow movie and it revolves around an asbestos removal team that has to go inside this old place and obviously....remove asbestos. Well the place is just creepy. One of the guys finds an old box with a bunch of recorded sessions with a female patient with multiple personalities. I really won't go into any more detail than that, and this movie probably isn't for everyone. However I really found it to be a good scary movie.

QuikSsurfer 10-19-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8006379)
I really like a movie called Session 9. They filmed it inside a real abandoned mental hospital in Danvers, Massachusetts. It's a pretty slow movie and it revolves around an asbestos removal team that has to go inside this old place and obviously....remove asbestos. Well the place is just creepy. One of the guys finds an old box with a bunch of recorded sessions with a female patient with multiple personalities. I really won't go into any more detail than that, and this movie probably isn't for everyone. However I really found it to be a good scary movie.

Great movie. I bought it before viewing it and have let many friends borrow this gem. Great psychological horror flick.

lcarus 10-19-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8006384)
Great movie. I bought it before viewing it and have let many friends borrow this gem. Great psychological horror flick.

Glad someone else likes it too. I heard that they've since turned that hospital into an apartment complex. Boy it must be spooky living there!

Molitoth 10-19-2011 11:37 AM

As a kid: Child's Play
As a teen: IT
Now: The World News

Jerm 10-19-2011 11:38 AM

The original Black Christmas used to freak me out...

The Day After still touches a harrowing nerve with me, even today as an adult.

ToxSocks 10-19-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8006393)
Glad someone else likes it too. I heard that they've since turned that hospital into an apartment complex. Boy it must be spooky living there!

I enjoyed that movie as well.

I can't really think of a movie though that kept me up. Fire in the Sky scared the shit out of me when I was a kid....as did Nightmare on Elm Street.

These days it seems to be more about memorable moments rather than memorable movies.