ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Saw Dontari Poe at Wal-Mart last night (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304907)

Deberg_1990 01-03-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12657979)
Shopping right next to me in the bread aisle. When I got home my wife asked why I didn't request a photo/selfie with him. I said I'm too old for that, besides public figures deserve privacy. She disagreed, saying they like attention.

CP, settle that argument for us.

What type of bread did he go with?

I'm guessing not the low carb option?

MahiMike 01-03-2017 11:39 AM

You can take the player out of Walmart but you can't take the Walmart out of the player.

TripleThreat 01-03-2017 11:45 AM

I woulda probably said hey you are the man etc. But I could see why that would be annoying even if it's a compliment, when you probably hear it all the time

Pointer19 01-03-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12657988)
I dunno that I'd have been asking for a selfie, but I'd have acknowledged him.

Complimented him on the season etc.

This seems like the best move. I'm usually one to try to get pictures with famous people (Bill Clinton, Miss USA, Gary Sinise, Ted Cruz), but I'd hold off on this one. Maybe.

BWillie 01-03-2017 11:46 AM

I voted for she is right, just because I don't have it in me to say that PB is right.

BlackHelicopters 01-03-2017 11:47 AM

Say hello , congratulations. Move on.

Frosty 01-03-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 12658017)
ROFLROFL Me too!!

He should have told him to lay off the carbs on his bye week and politely took the bread and placed it back on the shelf. :D

Carb loading, brah

ThaVirus 01-03-2017 11:49 AM

Leave them alone.

I may be inclined to acknowledge that I know them but I'd never bother them even for a conversation unless it was entirely organic.

ToxSocks 01-03-2017 11:49 AM

Leave them alone. At most, a "good game" or a "I appreciate your effort, go Chiefs" something of that nature.

Selfies and player hero worship is for kids. Players genuinely love entertaining the kids, and the kids love meeting them. But an adult? That's just weird.

ThaVirus 01-03-2017 11:50 AM

Billay called some poster a groupie for posting some shit about a player but admitted to asking Tyler Bray for a photo once.

That's some hoe shit. Why do you want to take a picture with another grown ass man that you don't even know?

Mr. Kotter 01-03-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12658072)
Leave them alone. At most, a "good game" or a "I appreciate your effort, go Chiefs" something of that nature.

Selfies and player hero worship is for kids. Players genuinely love entertaining the kids, and the kids love meeting them. But an adult? That's just weird.

THIS

ghak99 01-03-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 12658009)
Ask him to throw you a loaf, re-enact the play.

Hey man, if I run two isles over would you jump toss me a loaf? LMAO

ghak99 01-03-2017 11:58 AM

I like to be left the **** alone, especially when forced to go to a Walmart, so I generally treat others the same. I don't live in KC, but have had the chance to congratulate a couple players over the years. Seemed like they appreciated the casual encounter.

I walked back by an outfielder after a quick "Love your game, the city will never forget you guys" a few minutes earlier and he was being mugged by a bunch of selfie taking skater punks that were too old to be selfie taking skater punks. He gave me a quick but hilarious, can you believe this shit, look. LMAO

Buehler445 01-03-2017 11:59 AM

I voted you are right. And you are.

But let's be real here. If you've been married very long you, I, and every other married dude in here knows she will be inevitability correct.

I'd have dropped a go Chiefs or something along those lines.

stevieray 01-03-2017 12:00 PM

Should've pretended like you were going to tackle him...:D

Personally, I would've have made eye contact, mimicked the jump shot and been on my way..