ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jayice Pearson commentator (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=168886)

Extra Point 08-30-2007 09:41 PM

I've always like Jayice Pearson. He worked his way from Metro Sports into Fox national broadcasts. I wish him the best.

He couldn't have read the defense better for the slant and go.

Splat420 08-30-2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
Are you watching the same team I am, cause there is nothing out there that has been good, other than Colquitt.

Jimmy Wilkerson.

KcMizzou 08-30-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat420
Jimmy Wilkerson.

True. Wilkerson's been a bright spot.

Mama Hip Rockets 08-31-2007 11:53 AM

he says "this is very vanilla" a lot.

DaKCMan AP 08-31-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
He was just begging for the Chiefs to run a little pump and go off that quick slant.

"Come on! Let them have a little fun! I guarantee a big play!"

Lenny was saying the exact same thing on the radio: "Now that you have them working on the quick slant, this would be the perfect time to run a pump and go."

kcxiv 08-31-2007 12:04 PM

Pearson is a good commentator. Plus he has the voice for it. I dont mind critisizing they need it. Hell Len Dawson does it alot as well. The Chiefs really had nothing positive going on during the preseason games.

jidar 08-31-2007 12:08 PM

I like him, he's good imo.

htismaqe 08-31-2007 12:13 PM

I think he does a pretty good job.

Wile_E_Coyote 08-31-2007 12:16 PM

I like Pearson in the booth, Baldie on the sideline & Dannon Huges in the studio

Phobia 08-31-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote
I like Pearson in the booth, Baldie on the sideline & Dannon Huges in the studio

Danan Hughes. Danan is a quality guy. He's one of the nicest and most humble former Chiefs I've met. I wouldn't say we're real tight but we're becoming friends. He's a really committed family man and a believer in Christ.

Calcountry 08-31-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles
I never enjoyed his commentary. He criticizes non-stop. I very rarely caught anything somewhat positive - excluding Colquitt praise, which is deserved. I really have no reason for this, but I think he's a douchebag.

And how do the hell do you get Jay-C out of Jayice? Dumb.

:shrug: Probably the same way you get "shawn" out of Chone.

Extra Point 10-03-2007 06:56 PM

Bump for props to Jayice/JC. Saw him this week on Metro Sports with Lisec. This guy deserves what he's getting, and that's a major shot at nationwide broadcasting.

ZootedGranny 10-03-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
He was just begging for the Chiefs to run a little pump and go off that quick slant.

"Come on! Let them have a little fun! I guarantee a big play!"

A month later and I'm still begging them to run the sluggo.

Either they've ran it and just not thrown it, or they're saving it for when they need it most. As much as they throw the slant, it's bound to be open.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
A month later and I'm still begging them to run the sluggo.

Either they've ran it and just not thrown it, or they're saving it for when they need it most. As much as they throw the slant, it's bound to be open.

I was gonna use this in a column a week or two ago...good point. I'd love to see us run the sluggo. Bowe would rape good.

jidar 10-03-2007 07:12 PM

I understand people not liking him because he can come across as negative, but he also has a depth of knowledge and is good at explaining it in a way most people can follow. I think he's a pretty good commentator.