ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Measles, what you should know. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290249)

KC native 01-28-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 11297048)
Anti-vaxxers should be used a trade bait with ISIS.

Absolutely.

They can live in their ass-backwards, stone age ignorance together.

Graystoke 01-28-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11297089)
For now...

True.
As more and more people choose not to vaccinate, herd immunity will drop below the critical point.
For each virus, statisticians are able to calculate the minimum percentage of community immunity necessary to achieve herd immunity and prevent an outbreak. Though we only need about 85 percent of the community to have immunity to rubella, smallpox and diphtheria to prevent an outbreak, diseases such as whooping cough (pertussis) and measles require at least 94 percent immunity.

kepp 01-28-2015 02:46 PM

I appreciate the information. Thanks.

Pablo 01-28-2015 02:48 PM

BDP;DR

KC native 01-28-2015 02:49 PM

What happened to H1N1/Ebolaids (the poster)?

Wasn't he an epidemiologist?

kepp 01-28-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11297056)
I won't vaccinate my children because I don't want them to have Autism.

When my wife and I were deciding whether or not to vaccinate our first child I was fearful of this. Then I actually read some studies and learned some stuff.

I don't understand people not thinking about the herd principle of vaccination.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2015 02:53 PM

Disneyland is a cesspool of germs and bacteria. In April 2014, my then 6 year old had two "bites" on her leg about four days after going to the park (we have Annual Passes, so we go all time). The next day, she had them on her lower back and later, on her feet. They weren't "bites" but chicken pox. Fortunately, she had two vaccinations and had an extremely mild case, with about 20 pox in total.

Unfortunately, my 18 month old at the time only had a single shot. She had a bad case, with more than 500 on her legs, bottom, and face. The doctor prescribed acyclovir, and her case didn't worsen but they took more than a month to completely disappear.

It would be an understatement to say I was angry about it. These Anti-Vaxxers are lunatics, IMO, and if they continue this insane practice, these once controlled diseases will return.

It's beyond dumb.

KC native 01-28-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11297127)
Disneyland is a cesspool of germs and bacteria. In April 2014, my then 6 year old had two "bites" on her leg. The next day, she had them on her lower back and later, on her feet. They weren't "bites" but chicken pox. Fortunately, she had two vaccinations and had an extremely mild case, with about 20 pox in total.

Unfortunately, my 18 month old at the time only had a single shot. She had a bad case, with more than 500 on her legs, bottom, and face. The doctor prescribed acyclovir, and her case didn't worsen but they took more than a month to completely disappear.

It would be an understatement to say I was angry about it. These Anti-Vaxxers are lunatics, IMO, and if they continue this insane practice, these once controlled diseases will return.

It's beyond dumb.

Yea, my wife contracted chicken pox while substitute teaching for Fort Worth School district (despite having had it as a kid).

We then found out that it was extremely easy to get a religious waiver so you don't have to vaccinate your kids for FWISD. We were ****ing pissed.

That chicken pox outbreak made the district clamp down on those waivers considerably.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11297056)
I won't vaccinate my children because I don't want them to have Autism.

LMAO

BIG_DADDY 01-28-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11297110)
So 52 million people visited Disneyland during this outbreak?

Are you really scared of the big bad measles, Dane?

kepp 01-28-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11297127)
Disneyland is a cesspool of germs and bacteria. In April 2014, my then 6 year old had two "bites" on her leg about four days after going to the park (we have Annual Passes, so we go all time). The next day, she had them on her lower back and later, on her feet. They weren't "bites" but chicken pox. Fortunately, she had two vaccinations and had an extremely mild case, with about 20 pox in total.

It's beyond dumb.

Unchecked immigration will speed it up greatly.

BucEyedPea 01-28-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11297070)
Doesn't this crackpot bullshit belong in DC?

If so, they need to rename that forum: D.C., Vatican & Healthcare forum, no?

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11297132)
Yea, my wife contracted chicken pox while substitute teaching for Fort Worth School district (despite having had it as a kid).

We then found out that it was extremely easy to get a religious waiver so you don't have to vaccinate your kids for FWISD. We were ****ing pissed.

That chicken pox outbreak made the district clamp down on those waivers considerably.

A religious waiver? Good grief.

kepp 01-28-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11297132)

I believe a family should be able to choose to not vaccinate. It's their lives...their family. But if you're going to go to publicly-funded schools, vaccination should be mandatory IMO.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 11297135)
Are you really scared of the big bad measles, Dane?

What I'm not scared of is science. I was vaccinated, as were my four siblings and their eight children, along with both of my children.

Everyone is happy and healthy.