ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The fascinating potential and unrealistic pressure awaiting Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313158)

JohnnyHammersticks 01-11-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13353342)
How about we give him the job now publicly. Just get it over with.

I agree. Why would we bluff like we may want to keep Alex? This would only increase value of the pick(s) we receive for him. Do you know how much high draft picks make? (a lot!)

It's the same as winning the lottery. Sure, you may win a hundred million dollars, but your tax bill will be MILLIONS OF DOLLARS more than it would've been if you hadn't won.

:facepalm: :banghead:

staylor26 01-11-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13353357)
There might be patience in 2018... but, this is kinda like sending your cute girlfirend off to get a boob job. The doctor says "leave 'em alone for a bit" and all you want to do is give them a test spin.

I think the patience will be split and by 2019, if the results are similar ... even with better QB play, the mantra will be "See, it wasn't all Alex - we still look the same."

It's going to be interesting for sure.

Lol here we go Mr. passive aggresive.

Just say it, you think Mahomes is going to struggle. That’s fine, I just want you to say it so I could make you eat crow down the line.

tmax63 01-11-2018 09:18 AM

But the Chiefs will be so great behind his rocket arm that other teams will forfeit rather than embarrass themselves by being on the same field. The 72 Dolphins might as well save their money next year and not bother buying champagne to drink after the last team loses there first game. Why worry whether or not Sutton is here next year since Saint Pat will overcome all obstacles. Who needs a defense when the offense will be putting a fifty-burger up every week.

InChiefsHeaven 01-11-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13353408)
Am I going to need shades? :D

Go and get yourself some cheap sunglasses...:thumb:

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmax63 (Post 13353435)
But the Chiefs will be so great behind his rocket arm that other teams will forfeit rather than embarrass themselves by being on the same field. The 72 Dolphins might as well save their money next year and not bother buying champagne to drink after the last team loses there first game. Why worry whether or not Sutton is here next year since Saint Pat will overcome all obstacles. Who needs a defense when the offense will be putting a fifty-burger up every week.

You stupid bastard.

If the Chiefs only needed 20 points in three of the games they lost to finish with the #1 seed.

BigRedChief 01-11-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13353340)
People need to temper their expectations for a while. He is going to show flashes of brilliance and failure. Let him grow into the job.

This is the only way to view Mahomes.

We are viewing him as the QB who is going to lead us to the promised land. Make all the painful losses a distant memory. A ton of pressure. But, that goes with the territory of being a top draft pick.

tmax63 01-11-2018 09:24 AM

I can't believe you took the bait that fast and easily. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

RunKC 01-11-2018 09:25 AM

Pressure? Of what? Being better than QB’s who have 1 playoff win since Joe Montana?

InChiefsHeaven 01-11-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13353445)
This is the only way to view Mahomes.

We are viewing him as the QB who is going to lead us to the promised land. Make all the painful losses a distant memory. A ton of pressure. But, that goes with the territory of being a top draft pick.

Like I said, think of him as your own son. You and the wife were inexplicably unable to sire your own child, so for years you adopted. And while they were good boys, they were't your own. Suddenly, she winds up pregnant, and a healthy baby boy is born. Put your faith in your own blood!!

Damn, I'm dramatic today...

Beef Supreme 01-11-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

"Mahomes really might be a star. But it is nearly impossible for him to statistically match the season Smith just had,"
There are a lot of Chief fans that need to come to the understanding that good QB play is about more than stats.

Chris Meck 01-11-2018 09:39 AM

I really don't think he's going to struggle like people are afraid he will. I saw him go through his reads, avoid pressure, recognize the blitz, and deliver the ball in Denver. I mean, that's NFL football. Will he ever have a bad game? Sure, of course. But I don't think he's going to have many and I expect that we'll be right back in the playoff hunt next season but with the possibility of lighting it up once we get there. Provided we fix the defense.

Dayze 01-11-2018 09:43 AM

only stat I care about him being better than Alex at is playoff wins.

Alex can sit his ass at home with his QBR Trophy and Skype with the true fans.

notorious 01-11-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 13353464)
Like I said, think of him as your own son. You and the wife were inexplicably unable to sire your own child, so for years you adopted. And while they were good boys, they were't your own. Suddenly, she winds up pregnant, and a healthy baby boy is born. Put your faith in your own blood!!

This is awesome. LMAO

BigCatDaddy 01-11-2018 09:45 AM

One would need to have their head in their ass to not see this guy is going to win a lot of regular season games. The key is winning in the playoffs. All he needs is 1 win in 5 years to equal what we got from Shitty. Anybody think he won't do that?

Dayze 01-11-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 13353464)

why did my wife give birth to a black son?

....I've been working too many hours.