ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Talib: Facemask was intentional (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298115)

Prison Bitch 02-08-2016 02:52 PM

As I asked in the Talib thread, NFL needs to punish personal fouls within the 5 (or even 20) yard line. There's no real punishment for him face masking and its clear he knew that, so he did it. If the NFL wants them to stop, punish it

jd1020 02-08-2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12071600)
I keep seeing this, and it's got to stop. They're not going to eject a guy in the biggest game if the year for committing a foul that hasn't warranted an ejection all year.

Was it cheap? Yep.

Does it make it even worse now that he's admitting he did it knowing there would only be a yard and a half penalty? Yep.

Should they look at changing the rules for plays like this one and the hit on Fleming a few weeks ago? Yep.

But he wasn't, and shouldn't have been ejected yesterday.

He's a scumbag, though.

So you don't think players should be ejected for excessive personal fouls? I don't care about the face mask, but that wasn't your every day face mask. He didn't just grab his mask and tackle him. He grabbed his mask, yanked him backwards, spun him around, and threw him out of bounds. I dont give a shit if it is a contact sport, that was malicious.

listopencil 02-08-2016 02:52 PM

I cuss him out while watching them more than I do anyone else on the team. And with some seriously shitty O-Line play this year that is saying a lot. He's a hot head with a history of unsportsmanlike conduct that likes to run his mouth, and he takes stupid penalties.

Rain Man 02-08-2016 02:52 PM

I'm shocked that he would do something like that.

No, actually I'm not.

I'm shocked that he's so stupid that he would admit it.

No again. Actually, I'm not.

If you asked me the personality of the Broncos this year, it would be "cheap shots and late hits". It's a team of thugs both on the field and off the field. But society rewards selfish and anti-social behavior these days, so the city is going to throw them a parade.

I wonder if anyone will think about the five dead people in Fero's Restaurant during the parade.

ToxSocks 02-08-2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12071600)
I keep seeing this, and it's got to stop. They're not going to eject a guy in the biggest game if the year for committing a foul that hasn't warranted an ejection all year.

Was it cheap? Yep.

Does it make it even worse now that he's admitting he did it knowing there would only be a yard and a half penalty? Yep.

Should they look at changing the rules for plays like this one and the hit on Fleming a few weeks ago? Yep.

But he wasn't, and shouldn't have been ejected yesterday.

He's a scumbag, though.

Don't give me that bullshit. He intentionally try to hurt a player. The face-mask rule is in effect for a reason. Blatantly grabbing a player and jerking him around by his neck is clear intent to do harm.

I don't give a **** if it hasn't been called all season. I don't think there's been a more clear case of intent than this one all season. He should've been ejected. Plain and simple.

TimBone 02-08-2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12071611)
So you don't think players should be ejected for excessive personal fouls? I don't care about the face mask, but that wasn't your every day face mask. He didn't just grab his mask and tackle him. He grabbed his mask, yanked him backwards, spun him around, and threw him out of bounds. I dont give a shit if it is a contact sport, that was malicious.

I did think it was excessive. And I believe I cursed at the TV when I saw it, but I believe I've seen face mask penalties that were just as bad that didn't end up with an ejection.

Perhaps with all the safety talk, they should look at elections for plays like that. But that doesn't change anything from yesterday.

staylor26 02-08-2016 02:56 PM

This POS needs a career ending injury asap.

TimBone 02-08-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12071616)
Don't give me that bullshit. He intentionally try to hurt a player. The face-mask rule is in effect for a reason. Blatantly grabbing a player and jerking him around by his neck is clear intent to do harm.

I don't give a **** if it hasn't been called all season. I don't think there's been a more clear case of intent than this one all season. He should've been ejected. Plain and simple.

And I'm 100% sure that your hate for the Broncos isn't affecting your thoughts at all...

srvy 02-08-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12071587)
As much as I hate how often the Broncos take PF penalties trying to hurt guys, it certainly has been effective this year. Sometimes it seems like the way to win in this league is by walking the line.

Perhaps the Chiefs are just too nice.

No Derrick Johnson tackled a player out of bounds by the facemask early this year it happens.

talib is a piss poor tackler he didn't want want to get ran over to EZ with everyone watching. I doubt that dumbass knew anything about this penalty being half the distance or situational awareness. He just didn't want to get bitch dragged into the EZ.

Marcellus 02-08-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12071602)
And all he'll get is a ****ing worthless fine.

He just admitted that it was intentional. The NFL should suspend him.

Highly doubtful the CBA would allow for a suspension but he will get a big fine.

Dude is just a POS.

Mile High Mania 02-08-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12071612)
I cuss him out while watching them more than I do anyone else on the team. And with some seriously shitty O-Line play this year that is saying a lot. He's a hot head with a history of unsportsmanlike conduct that likes to run his mouth, and he takes stupid penalties.

I'm ok if they found a way to replace him.

loochy 02-08-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12071622)
This POS needs a career ending injury asap.

maybe we could sign stevie johnson to a special 1 year contract

Rain Man 02-08-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 12071624)
No Derrick Johnson tackled a player out of bounds by the facemask early this year it happens.

talib is a piss poor tackler he didn't want want to get ran over to EZ with everyone watching. I doubt that dumbass knew anything about this penalty being half the distance or situational awareness. He just didn't want to get bitch dragged into the EZ.

Yeah, he's not smart enough to know down and distance. He was just trying to cause a serious injury.

listopencil 02-08-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12071628)
I'm ok if they found a way to replace him.

We have Roby up and coming. He looks really good. We need multiple impact CB's to make Wade's D work well though.

ToxSocks 02-08-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12071623)
And I'm 100% sure that your hate for the Broncos isn't affecting your thoughts at all...

My hate for the Broncos has no bearing on what is right and wrong.