ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game Week 14: KC 27 BAL 24 OT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319450)

MahiMike 12-09-2018 09:12 PM

I'm with you on the special teams. I really hope Toub is the next disciple of Andy to get a new gig.

Marcellus 12-09-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13948475)
Personally I don't think most teams can look at that film and copy what the Ravens did.

Most teams don't have an OL that run blocks that well, or a QB who's that much of a threat on the option.

The one team that DOES scare me with this stuff is Houston. And they just lost to an exceedingly mediocre Colts squad.

NE, PIT or LAC though? Nah. We just need our pass rush to win enough in those games and we will win.

No other team has Baltimore's defensive talent at all 3 levels and its not even close.

We have played all the top defenses, this one was the best.

Graystoke 12-09-2018 09:12 PM

Good read for sure. Thank you

Easy 6 12-09-2018 09:13 PM

You hit every single note perfectly, gb... #1 sets the tone for all that follows

TwistedChief 12-09-2018 09:15 PM

Agreed with all of this. A special win - warts notwithstanding. See you Thursday night to clinch the division, sir.

TLO 12-09-2018 09:15 PM

Great read. Thanks as always. Hope you're ready for a short turnaround for Thursday night!

IowaHawkeyeChief 12-09-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13948475)
Personally I don't think most teams can look at that film and copy what the Ravens did.

Most teams don't have an OL that run blocks that well, or a QB who's that much of a threat on the option.

The one team that DOES scare me with this stuff is Houston. And they just lost to an exceedingly mediocre Colts squad.

NE, PIT or LAC though? Nah. We just need our pass rush to win enough in those games and we will win.

^this^

RealSNR 12-09-2018 09:17 PM

Here's my big observation:

Lamar Jackson will last 5 years in this league. MAX. And if he does manage to extend his career beyond that mark, it will be like RGIII was today-- a hokey trick play backup QB whose best days are way behind him.

How many times today did the dude get smacked and driven to the ground underneath a pile of dudes like a goddamn RB? 7? 8? And that's not including the other times he got taken to the ground in open field tackles.

Unless the Ravens are making the plan to go through QBs like ****ing disposable tissues, they have GOT to limit the designed runs that dude takes. No more than 2 or 3 of those per game, and in all other instances, at least give him an option to pitch it to his half back or something. He's a tiny dude and he has probably taken more punishment in 4 games as a starter than he did all of last year.

His success in the NFL was always going to depend on how well he could operate from the pocket and use his scrambling ability as an effective weapon-- very much in the way Alex Smith plays the position. That's how he would have a long NFL career.

The Ravens are like, "Eh, **** it. He's not going to learn it quickly enough if at all, so just send him up the middle like it's a goddamn draw play a few dozen times."

Once again, that's either pretty smart or incredibly ****ing stupid.

mr. tegu 12-09-2018 09:20 PM

Ten Things About Today's Game Week 14: KC 27 BAL 24 OT

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13948462)
Not today they weren't. They came close to costing us the game.

The long punt return was undoubtedly a good thing.

RedRaider56 12-09-2018 09:22 PM

Nice write up. Great read
So could you tell from in stadium replays that Mahomes had thrown that no look pass? If so what was the crowd reaction like?

Buehler445 12-09-2018 09:24 PM

Great read. Cannot disagree with anything here.

Apparently, I have a pretty healthy hatred of Baltimore. When it looked like we'd pissed the game away, I was seething with fury. Man, I must REALLY hate losing to those fools.

Pretty amazing win.

notorious 12-09-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13948525)
Great read. Cannot disagree with anything here.

Apparently, I have a pretty healthy hatred of Baltimore. When it looked like we'd pissed the game away, I was seething with fury. Man, I must REALLY hate losing to those fools.

Pretty amazing win.

They have been bitch-slapping us for a while.

They play physical and tough. That's our weakness, unfortunately.

Buehler445 12-09-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13948503)
Here's my big observation:

Lamar Jackson will last 5 years in this league. MAX. And if he does manage to extend his career beyond that mark, it will be like RGIII was today-- a hokey trick play backup QB whose best days are way behind him.

How many times today did the dude get smacked and driven to the ground underneath a pile of dudes like a goddamn RB? 7? 8? And that's not including the other times he got taken to the ground in open field tackles.

Unless the Ravens are making the plan to go through QBs like ****ing disposable tissues, they have GOT to limit the designed runs that dude takes. No more than 2 or 3 of those per game, and in all other instances, at least give him an option to pitch it to his half back or something. He's a tiny dude and he has probably taken more punishment in 4 games as a starter than he did all of last year.

His success in the NFL was always going to depend on how well he could operate from the pocket and use his scrambling ability as an effective weapon-- very much in the way Alex Smith plays the position. That's how he would have a long NFL career.

The Ravens are like, "Eh, **** it. He's not going to learn it quickly enough if at all, so just send him up the middle like it's a goddamn draw play a few dozen times."

Once again, that's either pretty smart or incredibly ****ing stupid.

Yeah, he's ****ed. More than just the tackles, he was abandoning his base and balance trying to squeak by dudes. That's how weird plays happen and he gets shit bent the wrong way. He gonna get ****ed up out there.

Deberg_1990 12-09-2018 09:35 PM

I mentioned it in another thread but The Ravens offense reminded me of a high school offense today. Lamar Jackson is gonna have a short career.

stevieray 12-09-2018 09:37 PM

Thanks GMan!

Even though Butker missed the game winner, that final drive in regulation was impressive.

This team is just plain fun to watch.