ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Offseason Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303381)

BWillie 03-31-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 12800255)
According to the analytics... the Royals should start trading off Hosmer and others right now. ROFL

I agree, they should. They should have done it in the offseason to get max value. Although, you might be able to hold someone over the fire come trade deadline.

Chiefspants 03-31-2017 10:45 AM

The dark ages of Royals baseball makes me admire Moore's insistence that we go for it all one more time. I still think we need a true #2 starter to emerge from somewhere in our system or we acquire one at the deadline, but it's fun to be rooting for a team with such a ceiling.

BWillie 03-31-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12800928)
ESPN with a great article about Bonds 2004.

1st half ops: 1421
2nd half ops: 1421
Year ops: 1422 (say what?)

Yes. He had the all time best first half, beating Babe Ruth by 60 points. And the all time best 2nd half. Bonds had an OBP of .628. He was intentionally walked 71x before the ASB - no other player has done it more than 45x in a full season. (Ended with 120).

Had 232 total walks vs 41 K. Oh and he slammed 45 bombs.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...l-fun-fact-all

I'm somewhat convinced that Bonds at 52 years old could come into the league and manage to hit .225 avg, .400 obp with 12 HR. He just had an all-time eye and plate discipline. It was amazing.

At 42 years old he had a 1.045 OPS. Then he couldn't get a job the next year? Very odd. I mean I know he's a asshole, but how did he not get a job.

Chiefspants 03-31-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12804504)
I'm somewhat convinced that Bonds at 52 years old could come into the league and manage to hit .225 avg, .400 obp with 12 HR. He just had an all-time eye and plate discipline. It was amazing.

At 42 years old he had a 1.045 OPS. Then he couldn't get a job the next year? Very odd. I mean I know he's a asshole, but how did he not get a job.

Big time collusion. You're telling me the Rays, who couldn't find a DH all season, wouldn't have jumped at picking up Barry otherwise? Imagine their WS run with Barry ****ing Bonds at the plate.

Reaper16 03-31-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 12804189)
Extreme SWMO has a much larger/louder Royals fan base. Cardinal fans have been calling us a AAAA team for a long time. After our outperforming them for the last several years they can't say much and fans are showing their support more.

10 years ago if I was wearing a Royals hat in public I'd get several disparaging comments from the bfib. Now it's either Go Royals, or crickets....

Hearing this makes me so very happy.

Chiefspants 03-31-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 12804621)
Hearing this makes me so very happy.

I have missed you, man.

Reaper16 03-31-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12804630)
I have missed you, man.

I'll try to hang around the Royals thread this season. The NFL largely bores me anymore, but the Royals always have all of my heart.

(Also, just fwiw, in the year long break that I took from the Planet, I came out as transgender & transitioned. Which is likely not shocking to a lot of people here, even if I had feebly denied being trans many times over the years in various shitty threads in the DC subforum).

Pitt Gorilla 03-31-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 12804651)
I'll try to hang around the Royals thread this season. The NFL largely bores me anymore, but the Royals always have all of my heart.

(Also, just fwiw, in the year long break that I took from the Planet, I came out as transgender & transitioned. Which is likely not shocking to a lot of people here, even if I had feebly denied being trans many times over the years in various shitty threads in the DC subforum).

Where muh album lists?

duncan_idaho 03-31-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

That's awesome. Welcome back and will be glad to have you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaper16 03-31-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12804667)
Where muh album lists?

Hahah, I honestly didn't even write up one for 2016. I missed a lot of music from last year. My mom passed away at only 60 years old & I did not seek out new music during my grieving period.

Prison Bitch 03-31-2017 01:41 PM

Did u become a chick or dude? Honest question, I assume the former?

C3HIEF3S 03-31-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 12804695)
Hahah, I honestly didn't even write up one for 2016. I missed a lot of music from last year. My mom passed away at only 60 years old & I did not seek out new music during my grieving period.

I am very sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

Welcome back, it's going to be a great summer for the Royals.

Chiefspants 03-31-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

It makes me so happy to hear this, both the news about your transition and the fact that you'll be around the Royals thread this Summer. I am so sorry to hear about your mother, I have been fortunate enough to have both of my parents in my life and I can not fathom the impact losing one would have on me.

The 2016 Royals thread was not the same without you. I always loved reading your insight on the journey the Royals embarked on in the GMDM era. I can't wait to share more of those experiences and (perhaps) more death/progressive metal suggestions in the future. (BTW I'm catching Opeth & Gojira at Red Rocks in May and I'm stoked for it!)

I hope things are getting better, Reaper. Safe to say I look forward to having you around again.

Al Bundy 03-31-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12800928)
ESPN with a great article about Bonds 2004.

1st half ops: 1421
2nd half ops: 1421
Year ops: 1422 (say what?)

Yes. He had the all time best first half, beating Babe Ruth by 60 points. And the all time best 2nd half. Bonds had an OBP of .628. He was intentionally walked 71x before the ASB - no other player has done it more than 45x in a full season. (Ended with 120).

Had 232 total walks vs 41 K. Oh and he slammed 45 bombs.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...l-fun-fact-all

Before he got going on the 'roids he was already an amazing ball player. The 'roids just pushed him over the homerun mark.

Al Bundy 03-31-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Welcome back.