ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Sure-Oz 07-19-2009 07:35 PM

Slumdog is great and fanboys was decently funny if you like SW's

cdcox 07-19-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5904852)
watched 'the brave one' and it was a pretty good rent, kindve depressing and dark for sure. jodie foster is pretty good in the movie.

have 'the rocker', 'push' and 'flyboys' at home now from netflix...anyone seen these?

I liked 'Push' for it's entertainment value, visual interest, and the concept. Wasn't a great story or anything, but I enjoyed it.

Ceej 07-19-2009 08:53 PM

Slumdog Millionaire was a pretty good flick. But, WTF was that awful dance video at the end? Haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

Miles 07-19-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 5912096)
Slumdog Millionaire was a pretty good flick. But, WTF was that awful dance video at the end? Haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

It was an homage to Bollywood.

Ceej 07-19-2009 09:13 PM

I don't know what that is. Pardon my ignorance..
Posted via Mobile Device

KCChiefsMan 07-20-2009 02:38 AM

Powder Blue suked bawls except for seeing Beil's tits. But I thought the movie was done terribly. Too bad, because I really like Forrest Whitaker and felt bad for him that he was in this. I guess he wanted to see her naked too.

Sure-Oz 07-20-2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 5912121)
I don't know what that is. Pardon my ignorance..
Posted via Mobile Device

pretty much every bollywood or indian movie has alot of song and dance.

Swanman 07-20-2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5911763)
HARRY POTTER SPOILER ALERT (not really necessary, but I'll put it up here to be polite)

Just got back from the latest Harry Potter movie, which probably should have been entitled Harry Potter Cries At His Latest Beatdown.

In this movie, Harry plays a bit of quiddich, experiences teen angst, discovers a couple of clues for shit in later movies, and stands by helplessly as a trusted mentor gets greased by the Cackling Forces of Evil, then cries about it later. Gee, I haven't seen anything like this since THE LAST HARRY POTTER MOVIE.

I haven't read the books, but does this kid ever stop being a wimp? Jesus.

:shake:

Yes, he does stop being a wimp in a big way in the final book. Read them, you will thank me later.

I saw the movie as well. It did an adequate job compared to the book, especially comparing to the other heaps of shit that were the other movies. One major complaint for the book fans: pointless action scene not from the book in the middle of the movie but no mention of the Gaunts.

And about Harry standing by helplessly, there is a reason for that very well explained in the final book.

Sure-Oz 07-20-2009 08:27 AM

Has anyone seen that Coraline movie? comes out tuesday...

im not a huge fan of nightmare movies really, so im hoping this ones a bit different

Hammock Parties 07-20-2009 11:03 AM

http://d-9.com/

New trailer for District 9.

Stoked.

TrickyNicky 07-20-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5912492)

im not a huge fan of nightmare movies really, so im hoping this ones a bit different

Its good. They hand crafted most of everything in that movie. Quite an impressive visual spectacle.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-20-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5912666)
http://d-9.com/

New trailer for District 9.

Stoked.

Man, that DOES look good.

Sure-Oz 07-20-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 5912751)
Its good. They hand crafted most of everything in that movie. Quite an impressive visual spectacle.

Thanks, i put it on the top of my netflix que with the lack of new releases lately. buying watchmen tomorrow

Reaper16 07-20-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5912776)
Thanks, i put it on the top of my netflix que with the lack of new releases lately. buying watchmen tomorrow

Best Buy has a deal that if you buy Watchmen this week, you can buy either the Tales of the Black Freighter DVD or the "Motion Comic" of the entire graphic novel for only $5.

Buehler445 07-20-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5912016)
I liked 'Push' for it's entertainment value, visual interest, and the concept. Wasn't a great story or anything, but I enjoyed it.

No shit? I thought it looked god awful. Is it worth a rent?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5912492)

Wife didn't like it at all. I haven't seen it, so that's the best I can do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 5912751)

Pretty sure she wasn't watching it for this.