ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

Chiefspants 06-26-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12932910)
As one of the few CP members who has lived most of his life near both borders, I can honestly say I MUCH prefer living near Mexico over Canada. I can't understand a thing most Mexicans say, but I sure as hell know they're smarter than ****ing Canadians.

Dude, I spent 10 days in Kenya this summer and then went straight to Montreal to see the funeral of my fiancee's grandfather (she is, in fact, French Canadian).

I felt far more out of place in Montreal than Kenya. Montreal spoke far less English, and proudly so.

Why Not? 06-26-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12932910)
As one of the few CP members who has lived most of his life near both borders, I can honestly say I MUCH prefer living near Mexico over Canada. I can't understand a thing most Mexicans say, but I sure as hell know they're smarter than ****ing Canadians.

LOL

lewdog 06-26-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12932918)

I felt far more out of place in Montreal than Kenya. Montreal spoke far less English, and proudly so.

Nope. That's just Canadian gibberish. Also slang for ****ing reeruned.

lewdog 06-26-2017 08:49 PM

Back to baseball. The Nats are desperate. So desperate they sign Francisco Rodriguez to minor league deal, hoping he can fit their bullpen at some point this year.

Any chance that you sell a guy like Herrera? I am all for selling closers at their peak. Given what I am seeing from him, I'm not sure he's super valuable to us going forward but he looks super valuable to a desperate team. I'd definitely consider it. I don't value the closer positions super high like many though.

Great Expectations 06-26-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12932945)
Back to baseball. The Nats are desperate. So desperate they sign Francisco Rodriguez to minor league deal, hoping he can fit their bullpen at some point this year.

Any chance that you sell a guy like Herrera? I am all for selling closers at their peak. Given what I am seeing from him, I'm not sure he's super valuable to us going forward but he looks super valuable to a desperate team. I'd definitely consider it. I don't value to closer positions super high like many though.

We have some power arms in the minors that have potential to fill his role for half a season.

SAUTO 06-26-2017 09:00 PM

Wade Davis melting down. Wild pitch scored a run.

Then he gets a k to get outta there.

KChiefs1 06-26-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Any chance that you sell a guy like Herrera? I am all for selling closers at their peak. Given what I am seeing from him, I'm not sure he's super valuable to us going forward but he looks super valuable to a desperate team. I'd definitely consider it. I don't value the closer positions super high like many though.

I'd only trade Herrera for a major haul from the Nats.

Can you imagine...
Wade Davis, Greg Holland & Kelvin Herrera all closing for NL division champions this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

penbrook 06-26-2017 10:46 PM

I'm from Alaska so don't you disrespect the Canadians! I'm basically Canadian!

jd1020 06-26-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

I'm kind of hoping the Cubs are talking to the Nationals on Davis. They clearly aren't on the same level they were last year and I don't think they can compete with the Dodgers or Nationals in the playoffs and they'll likely only hit Davis with a QO and take the pick. Why not see what he could bring?

Looking at the haul that closers brought last year, if the Cubs could get Fedde and Soto and maybe a guy like Joan Baez from the Nationals I think they would be stupid not to make that trade. Top 50ish ranked AAA pitching prospect looking at a 2018 debut when the Cubs are going to need 3 pitchers to fill out a rotation this offseason for 2018. Soto is also right there around top 60 on baseball america and prospectus with MLB showing him in the 90's. Baez would just be a throw in that cant control shit but has 2 plus pitches. Move him to the bullpen and work with the mechanics.

duncan_idaho 06-27-2017 06:28 AM

Quote:

You have to listen and see what they're willing to offer back. But it would have to be something that helps in 2017 for KC to pull the trigger.

I think the Mets are a more likely trade partner if KC brings something in. Jay Bruce and Addison Reed would be nice fits for KC.

They would have to get creative to pick up Bruce - finding a way to do SOMETHING with Moss - but that would be an awfully nice addition.

Don't think the OF market is going to be too intense, so I wouldn't expect the cost to be crazy.

tk13 06-27-2017 10:26 AM

Yeah I was watching a bit of the Pirates game on ESPN the other night. They were talking about trading McCutchen. I believe it was Buster Olney who said that the front office people he'd talked to thought it'd be tough to get fair value for good position players this trade deadline. A lot of the top teams like the Dodgers and Cubs already have a good young group of position players. Most teams need pitching.

That's my only worry if the Royals had tried to sell. Maybe now we can pick up a bat at a decent price.

penbrook 06-27-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12933546)
Yeah I was watching a bit of the Pirates game on ESPN the other night. They were talking about trading McCutchen. I believe it was Buster Olney who said that the front office people he'd talked to thought it'd be tough to get fair value for good position players this trade deadline. A lot of the top teams like the Dodgers and Cubs already have a good young group of position players. Most teams need pitching.

That's my only worry if the Royals had tried to sell. Maybe now we can pick up a bat at a decent price.

MATT ADAMS!!

KChiefs1 06-27-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12933553)
MATT ADAMS!!

I'd take Adams from Atlanta & Rosenthal from the Cards.

Why Not? 06-27-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12933626)
I'd take Adams from Atlanta & Rosenthal from the Cards.

Sure. For who?

KChiefs1 06-27-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 12933654)
Sure. For who?

Atlanta wouldn't need much for Adams but Rosenthal could be more expensive. Duncan would be better at figuring that out.