ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

MeatRock 04-13-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583712)
ROFL

WITH KOBE, the Lakers were done this year.

Ya i never expected them to do shit in the playoffs with Kobe this year, but without him they don't even have a chance.

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9583722)
Ya i never expected them to do shit in the playoffs with Kobe this year, but without him they don't even have a chance.

...but with him

guess what

they didn't even have a chance

MeatRock 04-13-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583723)
...but with him

guess what

they didn't even have a chance

Meh, they might have won a series with Kobe. He can still take over a game and score 40+ depending on who they matched up with in the first round.

Hootie 04-13-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9583726)
Meh, they might have won a series with Kobe. He can still take over a game and score 40+ depending on who they matched up with in the first round.

they are the EIGHTH SEED

it would have been a god damn miracle for them to win 1 game against OKC let alone 4

MeatRock 04-13-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583728)
they are the EIGHTH SEED

it would have been a god damn miracle for them to win 1 game against OKC let alone 4

True. You are right there.

okcchief 04-13-2013 04:32 PM

While I agree their styles clash the Lakers are not ****ing better without Kobe. The Rondo analogy is utter horse shit. Doc Rivers is a great coach with a great system. It's plug and play. Just like SA looks pretty damn good even when Duncan, Parker or Ginobli sit.

Mike D'Antoni is an overrated coach. Look how much better the Knicks got after he left, and they had the shooters. Kobe was by far the lakers best shooter. How does losing what you need most in D'Antoni's system make them better. Of course you have an easy blackout on this because you say IF Nash is healthy. When is that last time Nash was healthy?

I thought Carson Palmer was complete garbage back then too along with many others. That doesn't make you a sports psychic. JFC.

I really do like you overall Hootie, but you are blinded by Kobe hate on this one 100%

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:37 PM

no

I was 100% alone on Carson Palmer back then.

and Bill Simmons' dubbed it the Ewing theory.

Go look it up.

MeatRock 04-13-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9583894)
While I agree their styles clash the Lakers are not ****ing better without Kobe. The Rondo analogy is utter horse shit. Doc Rivers is a great coach with a great system. It's plug and play. Just like SA looks pretty damn good even when Duncan, Parker or Ginobli sit.

Mike D'Antoni is an overrated coach. Look how much better the Knicks got after he left, and they had the shooters. Kobe was by far the lakers best shooter. How does losing what you need most in D'Antoni's system make them better. Of course you have an easy blackout on this because you say IF Nash is healthy. When is that last time Nash was healthy?

I thought Carson Palmer was complete garbage back then too along with many others. That doesn't make you a sports psychic. JFC.

I really do like you overall Hootie, but you are blinded by Kobe hate on this one 100%

Even with Nash healthy, the Lakers cannot replace Kobe's production or shooting.

okcchief 04-13-2013 04:39 PM

Everyone was starting to say the Lakers could win as an 8 seed against OKC when Kobe was healthy. I couldn't disagree more. That has always been a bad matchup for the Lakers even in 2010 an inexperienced 8 seed Thunder team took 2 games from a 1 seed eventual champion Laker team. That was with no real low post defender, and Harden and Jeff Green playing like absolute horse **** the whole series. Speed bothered the Lakers then and even more so now. Plus, Sefalosha does a better job of containing Kobe than most. Best case scenario that would have taken OKC to 6..

okcchief 04-13-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583897)
no

I was 100% alone on Carson Palmer back then.

and Bill Simmons' dubbed it the Ewing theory.

Go look it up.

I'm 42. I'm well aware of the Ewing theory and have stated why this isn't the same.

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9583898)
Even with Nash healthy, the Lakers cannot replace Kobe's production or shooting.

it's the NBA

anyone can score

Kobe is great. I don't think he was a great fit for this Lakers team. Sorry. My opinion.

I think this team would have won 50 games with a healthy Nash and no Kobe.

The team could have gelled as a unit as the season went along rather than just having out of place stars on Kobe Bryant's team.

MeatRock 04-13-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9583902)
it's the NBA

anyone can score

Kobe is great. I don't think he was a great fit for this Lakers team. Sorry. My opinion.

I think this team would have won 50 games with a healthy Nash and no Kobe.

The team could have gelled as a unit as the season went along rather than just having out of place stars on Kobe Bryant's team.

Yea it's the NBA, but not everyone can take over a game and score 40+ or hit clutch shots to ignite runs. If everyone could do it there wouldn't be any Kobe's or James or Durants.

okcchief 04-13-2013 04:49 PM

Carson Palmer was done while still in Cinncy. I don't remember if I ever discussed here or not, but after the injury his arm strength never returned. The last year they went to the playoffs with him he was their biggest weakness. I do remember laughing and making fun of Raider fans when they gave so much up for him. I don't remember anyone here being the other way, but maybe you are talking before the Raider trade?

okcchief 04-13-2013 04:51 PM

Anyone can score? Lol

Ever seen Perk play?

Got some good weed today I see.

Hootie 04-13-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9583911)
Carson Palmer was done while still in Cinncy. I don't remember if I ever discussed here or not, but after the injury his arm strength never returned. The last year they went to the playoffs with him he was their biggest weakness. I do remember laughing and making fun of Raider fans when they gave so much up for him. I don't remember anyone here being the other way, but maybe you are talking before the Raider trade?

I'm talking far before the Raider trade and the year where he was playing like shit for 3 quarters before having 1 good drive to win at the end of games and Mecca posting an article about him being an MVP candidate...

I was literally lol'd at by EVERYONE for saying Palmer wasn't elite and that he wasn't even average.

But it happens a lot...I form opinions by watching, not by what the media tells me to think.