ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ***Official Knowmo2724 homer-2000 thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211188)

Mile High Mania 10-25-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8047361)
This is a similar take I had on Cassel at the beginning of the year. Back when he still had backers, I said, "If he's so good, then he'll take all this young talent in Charles, Bowe, Moeaki, Breaston, and some really good up-and-comers on the offensive line and lead us to a playoff win."

The response I got was, "There are plenty of great QBs in this league that took a while to get their first playoff wins. He needs more time, especially with this murderous schedule."

Yeah, and I will be the first to admit that my bar is a bit high... but, it's Tim freaking Tebow that we're talking about, right? :thumb:

The team is very young at key spots on offense... they traded Lloyd, now McGahee has a broken hand. D Thomas appears to be healthy after playing in a game for the first time, that has to be positive.

The weapons around him are young and unproven for the most part... they need stronger protection and better play from the TEs. But, I'm still holding him to my .500 down the stretch comment.

BigCatDaddy 10-25-2011 08:46 AM

Tebow is a poor man's Tyler Thigpen.

tooge 10-25-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8047418)
Yeah, and I will be the first to admit that my bar is a bit high... but, it's Tim freaking Tebow that we're talking about, right? :thumb:

The team is very young at key spots on offense... they traded Lloyd, now McGahee has a broken hand. D Thomas appears to be healthy after playing in a game for the first time, that has to be positive.

The weapons around him are young and unproven for the most part... they need stronger protection and better play from the TEs. But, I'm still holding him to my .500 down the stretch comment.

I guess that is what I mean. Your bar is "a bit" high. Hell, it's higher than a kite. I meant that if your bar is 5 wins, you are in for a huge disappointment. I was actually cheering for the donks, although it was very difficult to do. I don't want them getting Luck. I'm hoping Tebow looks just good enough to make the Donks want to commit to him because I think he will be very mediocre at best.

Mile High Mania 10-25-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8047431)
I guess that is what I mean. Your bar is "a bit" high. Hell, it's higher than a kite. I meant that if your bar is 5 wins, you are in for a huge disappointment. I was actually cheering for the donks, although it was very difficult to do. I don't want them getting Luck. I'm hoping Tebow looks just good enough to make the Donks want to commit to him because I think he will be very mediocre at best.

And, the reason it is high... I'm just not sold on Tebow. And, it's unfortunate and I honestly hope that somehow he can show me that I'm wrong. There's really nothing to dislike about Tebow as an NFL player - attitude, skill, etc. It's his ability to make great reads and passes that concern me. Can he improve? Sure... but, my attention span isn't that great and I'm frustrated.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-25-2011 08:55 AM

Yeah, we may need to rename him Mile Homer Mania after that. A bad football team with a bad QB beat an even worse football team with an even worse QB.

Mile High Mania 10-25-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8047441)
Yeah, we may need to rename him Mile Homer Mania after that. A bad football team with a bad QB beat an even worse football team with an even worse QB.

:spock: Hmmm, not sure what you're implying here. Are you under the impression that the victory in Miami has visions of greatness in my mind? If so, you couldn't be more incorrect.

Ugly Duck 10-25-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8044400)
Tebow played like John Elway.... Luck doesn't have the heart, desire, toughness, and will to win that Tebow does. Denver has their franchise QB. Tebow, the likes of which the NFL has never seen.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EbAvq45Quh...s1600/what.gif

BossChief 10-25-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 8047227)
How many of Tebow's 4.5 games have you watched?

about 2.27 of them

talastan 10-25-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 8048737)

Rep for the Dr. Who reference!! :thumb:

Rams Fan 10-25-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8047441)

Matt Moore>Tebow

Pasta Little Brioni 10-25-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8047476)
:spock: Hmmm, not sure what you're implying here. Are you under the impression that the victory in Miami has visions of greatness in my mind? If so, you couldn't be more incorrect.

Moreso, thinking Denver should go 7-9. The guy is a complete work in progress to say the least. Look on the bright side, you won't suck enough for Luck and he'll be able to develop a sweet NFL jump pass. :thumb:

boogblaster 10-25-2011 05:15 PM

teboner will probably never be great .. but he might be able to win 8 games a year ....

Quesadilla Joe 10-30-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Broncos have switched offense for Tebow, installing more of a college style -- they have put in stuff from different college offenses and even asked for players' input in devising new attack for Tebow
https://twitter.com/#!/JayGlazer/sta...00513753825282

Hell yeah! :)

Hopefully this means that Tebow will be doing something other than handing the ball off every down the first 3 quarters. They must have loved Tebow's astounding play in the 4th quarter last week.

RealSNR 10-30-2011 11:58 AM

Yeah I remember when I thought it was cool that we were switching up our offense for Tyler Thigpen's abilities.

That wore off reeeeaaaal quickly when we kept losing.

Quesadilla Joe 10-30-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8060160)
Yeah I remember when I thought it was cool that we were switching up our offense for Tyler Thigpen's abilities.

That wore off reeeeaaaal quickly when we kept losing.

Your offense played better though and it was definitely more exciting to watch. It was a lot better than your R2P2 offense.