ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282032)

Cheater5 02-24-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11345276)
Pretty choice crazy in there.

Out of the ordinary, sure. Crazy? I think magnetic vortexes and alien abduction theories are crazy, but this one actually has some (emphasis on 'some') logical analysis behind it. There is some stuff in there that I'd like to double check regarding the Ukrainian passengers and where they sat, to include this E/E cabin and it's ease of access and capabilities.

Regardless, the Russians are a nutty bunch but this paints them in a different color altogether. What he doesn't answer satisfactorily is why; to kidnap Freescale Semiconductor employees? The whole thing is damn curious.

saphojunkie 02-24-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 11345413)
Out of the ordinary, sure. Crazy? I think magnetic vortexes and alien abduction theories are crazy, but this one actually has some (emphasis on 'some') logical analysis behind it. There is some stuff in there that I'd like to double check regarding the Ukrainian passengers and where they sat, to include this E/E cabin and it's ease of access and capabilities.

Regardless, the Russians are a nutty bunch but this paints them in a different color altogether. What he doesn't answer satisfactorily is why; to kidnap Freescale Semiconductor employees? The whole thing is damn curious.

What I find fascinating is that, not shortly after, a passenger plane was shot down over the Ukraine. As if... they were suspecting a commercial jet of antagonism...

Discuss Thrower 02-24-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 11345737)
What I find fascinating is that, not shortly after, a passenger plane was shot down over the Ukraine. As if... they were suspecting a commercial jet of antagonism...

:hmmm:

Baby Lee 02-24-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

He's available to chat

http://gawker.com/jeff-wise-is-here-...app-1687728609

mikeyis4dcats. 02-25-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

that's a terrible reason. It would be a HELL of a lot easier and cheaper to simply kidnap them off the street if that was the goal.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-25-2015 10:12 AM

I don't buy into the spoofing theory. Too many moving parts that had never been tested. No way someone undertakes that plan. I mean, there would only be maybe a handful of people on the planet with the knowledge of how to align all those systems and even plan such a thing, what are the odds that person is willing to assist a nation state or terrorist?

Rain Man 07-29-2015 02:19 PM

So is this it? It would support the "flew as far as possible" theory. Picture and map in the link.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/30/wo...imesworld&_r=1

PARIS — A large object that appeared to be an airplane part washed up Wednesday on the shore of Réunion, a French island in the Indian Ocean, prompting speculation that it might be debris from Flight 370, the Malaysia Airlines jetliner that disappeared in March 2014.

A French official with knowledge of the investigation said that the object appeared to be a wing flap, possibly from a Boeing 777, the type of aircraft used on the flight. The official said that the object was about 9 feet long and 3 feet wide, and that it appeared to have been in the water for a very long time.

The French aviation safety authorities have begun an investigation, the official said, adding that they were in the process of designating a laboratory in France where the object would be taken for examination. The process of pinning down exactly which plane the object came from will probably take several weeks, the official said.

A police official at gendarmerie headquarters near Paris, said that “right now, we have no elements that would enable us to confirm or disconfirm that this debris is from the Malaysia Airlines flight.”

Both officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

Agence France-Presse reported that the object was found by people cleaning a beach, and cited a witness who said it was partly encrusted with shells and appeared weathered.

The French official said that while the find was being taken seriously, Réunion’s distance from the last detected location of Flight 370 — more than 3,000 miles — made it unlikely that debris from the plane would turn up there.

Flight 370, a Boeing 777 with 239 people on board, veered off its planned route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing and stopped communicating with ground controllers shortly after midnight on March 8, 2014. It flew westward across the Malay Peninsula and then southward over the Indian Ocean, and it is presumed to have crashed there in very deep water, killing everyone aboard. Months of extensive air and sea search efforts have so far failed to find any trace of the aircraft.

saphojunkie 07-29-2015 02:28 PM

Nope. Russians took it.

Rain Man 07-29-2015 02:42 PM

You figure there probably aren't a lot of Boeing 777 wing flaps floating around in the ocean. At least, I hope not.

ptlyon 07-29-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11626523)
You figure there probably aren't a lot of Boeing 777 wing flaps floating around in the ocean. At least, I hope not.

I lost one once and never found it, but not in the Indian Ocean. Which is racist, btw.

mikeyis4dcats. 07-29-2015 02:48 PM

http://www.geography.hunter.cuny.edu...n.currents.jpghttp://infomapsplus.blogspot.com/201...-currents.html

SAUTO 07-29-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 11626529)
I lost one once and never found it, but not in the Indian Ocean. Which is racist, btw.

I lost one in the Black Sea, which is also racist, BTW

KCUnited 07-29-2015 03:51 PM

Interesting.

Rain Man 07-29-2015 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11626622)
Interesting.

Yeah. I'm stroking my chin in thought. It looks like the currents are right to push it from the theorized crash zone.

GloryDayz 07-29-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11626534)
I lost one in the Black Sea, which is also racist, BTW

Arrowhead is a Sea of Red (when the NFL isn't moving our games to London!!), and I suspect that's racist too.

srvy 07-29-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11626523)

If they are from any Malaysian Airlines plane then maybe.

BigChiefFan 07-29-2015 07:55 PM

Not sure how a wing floats.

threebag 07-29-2015 08:23 PM

Has air trapped inside of it?

BigChiefFan 07-29-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 11626943)
Has air trapped inside of it?

Those slats are sealed with fasteners. I'm not sure how enough air could be trapped inside to make a wing buoyant. Sounds sketchy.

GloryDayz 07-29-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 11626907)

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/09/31...22_500X500.jpg

BigChiefFan 07-29-2015 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 11626955)

Lol.

Bugeater 07-29-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 11626907)

Wasn't a whole wing, just a flap.

Donger 07-30-2015 06:25 AM

I think the flaperons on 777s are made of composites. I have no idea if they'd float or not.

KCUnited 07-30-2015 06:47 AM

In yet another sign we're getting closer to figuring out what happened to missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, battered luggage has washed up on an island near where plane debris was found this week.

Malaysian and Australian officials have said that it's "almost certain" the plane debris came from a Boeing 777. Flight MH370 is currently the only missing Boeing 777 in the world.

It's unclear whether the suitcase that was found on Reunion island near Madagascar in the Indian Ocean is from the missing plane, but it's a possibility considering where the suitcase washed up.

Here's what the luggage looks like:

Picture of the suitcase found this morning at Saint-André ! (credit : @Linfore) #ReunionIsland pic.twitter.com/ZhrS3kQNF2
— Antoine Forestier (@a_forestier) July 30, 2015

Oceanographers said it's plausible part of the debris from the missing plane could have made its way into the area where the wreckage was found. Australia's deputy prime minister Warren Truss confirmed the debris could have reached the island, saying "a piece of debris could have floated a very, very long way in 16 months."

The discovery is being treated as a "major lead" in the MH370 search, Truss said during a news conference.

MH370 Reunion islandGoogle Maps / Business Insider

MH370 disappeared on March 8, 2014 while flying from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Beijing, China. It had 239 passengers and crew on board.

Crews have been searching the southern Indian Ocean near Australia for any sign of the missing plane and have so far been unable to conclusively identify any debris belonging to the aircraft.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/lugga...#ixzz3hNWTlmm8

ghak99 07-30-2015 11:47 AM

So the guy found some luggage, but the real mystery seems to be the white stripe.:hmmm:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLJdkZkXAAAgV-h.jpg

Rain Man 07-30-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11627143)
I think the flaperons on 777s are made of composites. I have no idea if they'd float or not.

I just read that they're "lightweight material", presumably composite, and that they have sealed cavities that would make them buoyant.

BWillie 07-30-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11627155)
In yet another sign we're getting closer to figuring out what happened to missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, battered luggage has washed up on an island near where plane debris was found this week.

Malaysian and Australian officials have said that it's "almost certain" the plane debris came from a Boeing 777. Flight MH370 is currently the only missing Boeing 777 in the world.

It's unclear whether the suitcase that was found on Reunion island near Madagascar in the Indian Ocean is from the missing plane, but it's a possibility considering where the suitcase washed up.

Here's what the luggage looks like:

Picture of the suitcase found this morning at Saint-André ! (credit : @Linfore) #ReunionIsland pic.twitter.com/ZhrS3kQNF2
— Antoine Forestier (@a_forestier) July 30, 2015

Oceanographers said it's plausible part of the debris from the missing plane could have made its way into the area where the wreckage was found. Australia's deputy prime minister Warren Truss confirmed the debris could have reached the island, saying "a piece of debris could have floated a very, very long way in 16 months."

The discovery is being treated as a "major lead" in the MH370 search, Truss said during a news conference.

MH370 Reunion islandGoogle Maps / Business Insider

MH370 disappeared on March 8, 2014 while flying from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Beijing, China. It had 239 passengers and crew on board.

Crews have been searching the southern Indian Ocean near Australia for any sign of the missing plane and have so far been unable to conclusively identify any debris belonging to the aircraft.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/lugga...#ixzz3hNWTlmm8

But I thought it was a conspiracy? And that the United States hijacked the plane and hid it?

eDave 07-30-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11627691)
But I thought it was a conspiracy? And that the United States hijacked the plane and hit it?

Shredding the evidence.

The Franchise 07-30-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 11627635)
So the guy found some luggage, but the real mystery seems to be the white stripe.:hmmm:

You mean the sun?

penguinz 07-30-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Except it isn;t a mystery.

GloryDayz 07-30-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

http://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=JN.C6S...uvf5w&pid=15.1

Brock 07-30-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11627143)

They are graphite, and small enough pieces would certainly float.

TLO 03-27-2016 10:56 AM

Did they ever figure this out?

dj56dt58 03-27-2016 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper (Post 12151830)
Did they ever figure this out?

If they had I'm sure it would have been in this thread already?

Toby Waller 03-27-2016 07:24 PM

What's to figure out? Someone in politics or big money or both was on the plane.

Nickhead 09-18-2016 05:18 AM

from the first 48 hours of the plane missing i knew what happened (from reading on the internets):

the pilot was disgruntled over the guilty verdict of his homosexual friend. sodomy charges. due to his years of experience, knowledge, he planned a course as an act of dissent, political discourse or unwavering love, to soft land his plane in the ocean. he did not want the plane to be found. he killed the copilot, then elevated the plane high enough, that it rendered all passengers dead while most were sleeping. he then proceeded to render MOST forms of communication with the plane useless. (it has been proven there were data points that allowed potential flight paths into the southern indian ocean.).

to boot, it has been revealed he deleted flight simulations that ended 'somewhere in the southern indian ocean'.

i have no clue if they find the plane tomorrow will the black boxes be useable. but there is no way this plane went down without pilot control. matter of fact, he was probably the inspiration for the german wings pilot that crashed his plane into a mountain.

Nickhead 09-18-2016 05:31 AM

this should be moved to dc btw... as it is a political coverup for certain.

Nickhead 10-19-2016 12:48 AM

now they are saying the pilot took a pivotal dump (literally), and because he was not able to correct the problems it killed everyone, and continued to fly for 7 hours unattended. sounds to me no one wants the true story out there? :D

RINGLEADER 10-19-2016 02:15 AM

Go back and read the news reports that were released contemporaneously when planes like the Air France one that crashed in the Atlantic happened. Everyone had theories that were so wrong because they assumed the pilots were in the cockpit, had many years in the plane, etc. And they were all proven wrong once the wreckage was found and the black boxes recovered.

Personally, I always felt that there was some kind of explosive decompression, the plane went up to 45K, everyone died, and then the autopilot flew them into the middle of nowhere.

Nickhead 10-19-2016 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 12492599)
Go back and read the news reports that were released contemporaneously when planes like the Air France one that crashed in the Atlantic happened. Everyone had theories that were so wrong because they assumed the pilots were in the cockpit, had many years in the plane, etc. And they were all proven wrong once the wreckage was found and the black boxes recovered.

Personally, I always felt that there was some kind of explosive decompression, the plane went up to 45K, everyone died, and then the autopilot flew them into the middle of nowhere.

the thing i have a problem with the 'explosion' theory is it would not take another 7 hours to descend. obviously i cannot state what the facts are, but a fire of any kind, not put out in a timely fashion would have beached the plane long before that time?

Hydrae 10-19-2016 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12492610)
the thing i have a problem with the 'explosion' theory is it would not take another 7 hours to descend. obviously i cannot state what the facts are, but a fire of any kind, not put out in a timely fashion would have beached the plane long before that time?

If the plane went to 45,000 feet there may not have been enough oxygen to maintain any fire. :shrug:

Amnorix 10-19-2016 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12432366)
from the first 48 hours of the plane missing i knew what happened (from reading on the internets):

the pilot was disgruntled over the guilty verdict of his homosexual friend. sodomy charges. due to his years of experience, knowledge, he planned a course as an act of dissent, political discourse or unwavering love, to soft land his plane in the ocean. he did not want the plane to be found. he killed the copilot, then elevated the plane high enough, that it rendered all passengers dead while most were sleeping. he then proceeded to render MOST forms of communication with the plane useless. (it has been proven there were data points that allowed potential flight paths into the southern indian ocean.).

to boot, it has been revealed he deleted flight simulations that ended 'somewhere in the southern indian ocean'.

i have no clue if they find the plane tomorrow will the black boxes be useable. but there is no way this plane went down without pilot control. matter of fact, he was probably the inspiration for the german wings pilot that crashed his plane into a mountain.

Don't believe everything you read. :rolleyes:

BlackHelicopters 10-19-2016 07:47 AM

This is easy. Pilot suicide. /thread

Beef Supreme 10-19-2016 08:07 AM

http://i1.wp.com/www.marion.lib.in.u...?fit=800%2C706

siberian khatru 10-19-2016 09:07 AM

Quote:

Payne Stewart. Bo Rein.

stumppy 10-19-2016 09:40 AM

Quote:

Maybe some dipshit idiot decided to put every life on the plane at risk by bringing his recalled cell phone with him.

srvy 10-19-2016 11:02 AM

Terror flight!!!

Shotdown!!!

Just dont know how they pulled off the debris and body removal. Indian Ocean warm waters is a shark hotbed deep and strange currents that swirl and
take things down to davey jones locker.

Or it is aliens and those folk are being anal probed as we speak.

KChiefs1 10-19-2016 11:37 AM

Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 12493052)
it is aliens and those folk are being anal probed as we speak.

The most believable theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAUTO 10-19-2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12492910)
Maybe some dipshit idiot decided to put every life on the plane at risk by bringing his recalled cell phone with him.

Too bad it wasn't bwillie

threebag 10-19-2016 04:01 PM

LMAO

Nickhead 10-28-2016 07:21 PM

before the disappearance:

http://i.imgur.com/CPymLCu.jpg

after disappearance:

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/u...370-pilots.jpg

why is it cnn tries to distance themselves from the original photo? of all planes on the planet, of all airlines, of all countries, they chose MA for their story pre-disappearance.

KChiefs1 10-28-2016 07:37 PM

https://youtu.be/ARjjMFVNA_0

Nickhead 10-28-2016 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12511088)
https://youtu.be/ARjjMFVNA_0

i watched this a while back.

just watched this one. it's pretty good too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WNxRrC34OPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

one guy is saying its possible there was a design flaw from the 2002 fleet in the cockpit windows. this is a little more plausible than most theories, but i still think it was a distraught pilot suicide mission.

Hoopsdoc 10-29-2016 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12511278)
i watched this a while back.

just watched this one. it's pretty good too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WNxRrC34OPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

one guy is saying its possible there was a design flaw from the 2002 fleet in the cockpit windows. this is a little more plausible than most theories, but i still think it was a distraught pilot suicide mission.

Yeah, when you take the route he did around Penang island, where he grew up, it's pretty clear what happened.

BlackHelicopters 10-29-2016 08:34 AM

Simple. Pilot commuted suicide.

Nickhead 02-03-2018 10:33 PM

bumping now the second search is ongoing.

mixed bag of outcome if found even. what would be recoverable and such.

i do subscribe to the 'distraught pilot commits suicide with passengers aboard' theory. :D

BlackHelicopters 02-04-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 12493144)
Too bad it wasn't bwillie

Heh

Bearcat 02-04-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13399535)
bumping now the second search is ongoing.

mixed bag of outcome if found even. what would be recoverable and such.

i do subscribe to the 'distraught pilot commits suicide with passengers aboard' theory. :D

:D, indeed.

:spock:

SAUTO 02-04-2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13400015)
:D, indeed.

:spock:

That is a frown to him. He IS in Australia

TLO 05-24-2018 01:46 PM

Apparently the MH-17 was shot down by by a Russian missle.

RUSSIA

frozenchief 05-24-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13568254)

RUSSIA

That's a different flight. You're talking about the KLM flight from Amsterdam to Afghanistan (? I think. somewhere over there).

This is the Malaysia Air flight that disappeared. Latest theory from Australia is that the pilot committed suicide. He likely decreased oxygen to make passengers pass out then flew plane to Indian ocean and ditched it.

I have no idea if that's what happened but it's the latest theory.

srvy 05-24-2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenchief (Post 13568322)
That's a different flight. You're talking about the KLM flight from Amsterdam to Afghanistan (? I think. somewhere over there).

This is the Malaysia Air flight that disappeared. Latest theory from Australia is that the pilot committed suicide. He likely decreased oxygen to make passengers pass out then flew plane to Indian ocean and ditched it.

I have no idea if that's what happened but it's the latest theory.

Yeah that is one private air disaster investigators opinion because of a position that a flap was in that was found washed up on some Island. Many others aren't ready to go that far with so little evidence. It was news to me that they had found any of that plane.

KChiefs1 05-24-2018 05:47 PM

So it was aliens?

srvy 05-24-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13568625)
So it was aliens?

As good a theory as any I suppose.

BucEyedPea 05-24-2018 07:13 PM

Everything gets blamed on the Russians these days.

OKchiefs 05-24-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13568702)

Because they're human filth and should be annihilated.

threebag 05-24-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13568254)

RUSSIA

It's a parody

saphojunkie 05-24-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13568702)

Move there, please. Send a full report of how amazing it is to staterunnews@totalitarian.gov

SuperBowl4 05-24-2018 09:36 PM

Check Diego Garcia a.k.a. the island of shame

TLO 06-21-2023 02:22 PM

Did they ever find this? The missing sub story reminded me of this one.

Mecca 06-21-2023 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 16989646)

No...maybe the sub is down there with it now!

BWillie 06-21-2023 08:54 PM

Quote:

They are going to arrive any day now. Like on the TV show Manifest.

Pogue 06-22-2023 12:15 AM

Quote:

Don Lemon said the flight flew into a mini black hole.

smith11 06-22-2023 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pogue (Post 16990196)
Don Lemon said the flight flew into a mini black hole.

that would be his rectum

ChiTown 06-22-2023 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith11 (Post 16990204)
that would be his rectum

There would be nothing “mini” about that black hole…

loochy 06-22-2023 06:21 AM

it broke apart mid-water

Marcellus 06-22-2023 09:36 AM

Quote:

Check out the documentary MH370 on Netflix, its pretty damn intriguing. Lots of theories and weird scenarios around that flight.

New World Order 06-22-2023 09:48 AM

This plane lived close to you?

Mecca 06-22-2023 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16990448)
Check out the documentary MH370 on Netflix, its pretty damn intriguing. Lots of theories and weird scenarios around that flight.

Several people refused to be part of that doc because it floated conspiracy theories like being shot down with a missile.

Donger 06-22-2023 10:06 AM

Quote:

They've found parts of it, yes. A flap that has been verified, IIRC.