ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you rather be 8-0 with Alex Smith or 3-5 with Geno? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278032)

Sandy Vagina 10-29-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10137264)
I just don't see the point of Alex Smith.

if you really dig deep down you know he's not taking us to a SB in the 4-odd years he's gonna be here, if that. It's just not happening.

Really stupid thing to say after what he did for SF in 2011. At the doorstep of a SB in a season sporting a bottom 5 RG and C, and a serious lack of passing weapons in the playoffs, outside of VD.

It's okay to think that Smith isn't special or even very good... but your thinking here is really plain potato. :shake:

Hammock Parties 10-29-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10137284)
Really stupid thing to say after what he did for SF in 2011. At the doorstep of a SB in a season sporting a bottom 5 RG and C, and a serious lack of passing weapons in the playoffs, outside of VD.

It's okay to think that Smith isn't special or even very good... but your thinking here is really plain potato. :shake:

You've watched him play more than most here.

That playoff game he won was the exception to the rule. The guy has that kind of game once every few years.

Strongside 10-29-2013 09:05 AM

I get wanting more out of the quarterback position. But anyone that would rather be 3-5 than 8-0 needs to reevaluate their fandom.

Sandy Vagina 10-29-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10137286)

That playoff game he won was the exception to the rule. The guy has that kind of game once every few years.

You are still just not getting it... or at least, choosing not to get it.

Alex is a careful guy... until he can not afford to be. That is why Alex stepped up the way he did vs the Saints in that playoff game.. it was do or die.. and he did. Against that NYG team, the Giants were doing nothing in half 2.. so we played the odds of conservatism that led us to 13 wins that season. We didn't and couldn't foresee that Kyle W. would fumble the game away as he did. That game was the 49ers... but crazy circumstances bit us in the ass.

Bottom line is... Alex led the yr 1 49ers to the doorstep of the SB... and he did it with some very porous OL play and a lack of real talent at WR.

So for you to say "you just know he can never do it over years with KC?

Man, that's ****ing stupid.

HemiEd 10-29-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10137283)
Did you watch the game Sunday? He was BAD. He was BENCHED.

Mama said there would be days like that as a rookie. I love watching the kid play though and he is going to be a franchise QB, count on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10137286)

Similar to the game Matt Cassel had against the Seahawks in 2010?

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10137278)
Oh so now Geno is Peyton Manning? :doh!:

Yes! Yes! That's EXACTLY what I said LMAO

Alice ball washers love to make shit up LMAO

splatbass 10-29-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10137292)
Mama said there would be days like that as a rookie. I love watching the kid play though and he is going to be a franchise QB, count on it.

I won't count on it because it is at best 50/50. You would give up our first 8-0 season in 10 years (and maybe it will be 10 or more years before we see another one) for what is essentially a flip of a coin. Nuts.

Rausch 10-29-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10137287)
I get wanting more out of the quarterback position. But anyone that would rather be 3-5 than 8-0 needs to reevaluate their fandom.

I get wanting to make a point but suggesting that the only logical conclusion would be Geno goes 3-5 in KC is smoking salts.

Who knows what our record would be. Being he's a rookie I seriously doubt we'd be 8-0. I'll agree with that.

Is 4-4 or 5-3 really out of the question with this defense?...

Sandy Vagina 10-29-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10137302)
I get wanting to make a point but suggesting that the only logical conclusion would be Geno goes 3-5 in KC is smoking salts.

Who knows what our record would be. Being he's a rookie I seriously doubt we'd be 8-0. I'll agree with that.

it is a created hypothetical that's asking for your opinion IF being the situation.. and one that isn't wild beyond the imaginations..

Chief Roundup 10-29-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

The biggest difference IMO is turnovers. Look at the difference in Cassel to Smith. The biggest difference is the turnovers. If Geno was back there turning the ball over like he is, like Cassel did the Defense probably wouldn't be nearly as good.

opposition 10-29-2013 09:24 AM

Alex Smith with an offensive minded coach and a system to run since his days at Utah 50.5-8.5.

warrior 10-29-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

:banghead:
You do know the Jets defense is ranked above us right, Jets offense line is much much better than the Chiefs hell their recievers are betterthan ours.

warrior 10-29-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opposition (Post 10137322)
Alex Smith with an offensive minded coach and a system to run since his days at Utah 50.5-8.5.

Alex Smiff since coming to Chiefs which is all I care about. 8-0

warpaint* 10-29-2013 09:28 AM

I don't think we would be 3-5 w/ GS. Just as I don't think the Jets would be 8-0 w/ AS.

I don't view AS as a guy that's good enough to get us to a SB...hopefully I'm wrong.

Rausch 10-29-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10137318)
The biggest difference IMO is turnovers. Look at the difference in Cassel to Smith. The biggest difference is the turnovers. If Geno was back there turning the ball over like he is, like Cassel did the Defense probably wouldn't be nearly as good.

I think this offense is a lot more rookie-friendly. When you see how many short crossing patterns and quick slants and passes to the flat we have it cuts down on those turnovers. But then it looks like Geno has more time to throw than Alex does so he'd have that against him here as well.

We'd also have a better idea of what Bowe's got this year. Geno isn't afraid to throw beyond 10 yards.

It's fun to speculate. We'll have to wait and see how much of a jump Geno's game makes next year before he's got a chance to win this argument though...