ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *** OFFICIAL 2013 NHL PLAYOFF THREAD *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272608)

NJChiefsFan 05-11-2013 10:29 PM

Pens need to learn how to exit their own zone. Guys like Malkin just backhand it or throw it out. That got them by(barely) against a young team. They play like that against the Sens who have much better team defense and goaltending and they might not move on any further.

I thought they would tighten up after last year but they really haven't. Some of it was Fluery, but not all of it. Sens are an interesting bet to me if the odds are juicy enough. Same with Kings beating the Hawks.

Mother****erJones 05-11-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9676467)
Pens need to learn how to exit their own zone. Guys like Malkin just backhand it or throw it out. That got them by(barely) against a young team. They play like that against the Sens who have much better team defense and goaltending and they might not move on any further.

I thought they would tighten up after last year but they really haven't. Some of it was Fluery, but not all of it. Sens are an interesting bet to me if the odds are juicy enough. Same with Kings beating the Hawks.

Most of it was Fleury being a reerun and letting in soft goals. Defense does let up and hurt at times but that's ok when you got Crosby malkin Neal iggy dupuis Kunitz etc. now I don't think they'll roll but they should beat the sens. Well see

Demonpenz 05-11-2013 10:35 PM

Penguins don't look like a great team. They got great players though.

NJChiefsFan 05-12-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9676472)
Most of it was Fleury being a reerun and letting in soft goals. Defense does let up and hurt at times but that's ok when you got Crosby malkin Neal iggy dupuis Kunitz etc. now I don't think they'll roll but they should beat the sens. Well see

IMO I don't think it is OK. Fleury was terrible last year and this year as well. But saying that he was the reason this team plays suspect defense, especially from the forwards, is wrong. You don't win in the NHL playoffs with skill. They really need to sure up their own end, or they won't even get past the Sens.

There is no question Fleury let in soft goals. But even tonight, you can see that the Pens are not tight enough in their own end. It leads to offense, and in the playoffs, you can't hand the other team the amount of transition offense that the Pens do. You really can't even give up half of what they do in that area.

Imagine if the Islanders had a good defense or good defensive forwards, or a really good goaltender. Thats basically every team thats left except Toronto. Nobody can doubt that the Pens are stacked as hell. But the amazing, and frustrating, thing about the NHL playoffs is that is never what wins. The team is way too lose in their own end.

I would say that they will fix it, but I thought they would after last seasons playoff disaster and it didn't happen. Orpik mentioned it right away in the interview after the game. As a defensive-defenseman, I'm not surprised he is frustrated with it. Orpik actually said it very well. I know the Pens see the issue, but I haven't seen them show an effort to change it.

NJChiefsFan 05-12-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9676473)
Penguins don't look like a great team. They got great players though.

Or just this.

Team USA moving along pretty well in the IIHF.

Predarat 05-12-2013 08:16 AM

Cannot wait for game 7 with the Ducks and Red Wings, Babone who sucks the penis vs his old team.

DaFace 05-12-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9676755)
Cannot wait for game 7 with the Ducks and Red Wings, Babone who sucks the penis vs his old team.

It's pretty tough to have a bad Game 7. I'm looking forward to it as well.

Mother****erJones 05-12-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9676592)
IMO I don't think it is OK. Fleury was terrible last year and this year as well. But saying that he was the reason this team plays suspect defense, especially from the forwards, is wrong. You don't win in the NHL playoffs with skill. They really need to sure up their own end, or they won't even get past the Sens.

There is no question Fleury let in soft goals. But even tonight, you can see that the Pens are not tight enough in their own end. It leads to offense, and in the playoffs, you can't hand the other team the amount of transition offense that the Pens do. You really can't even give up half of what they do in that area.

Imagine if the Islanders had a good defense or good defensive forwards, or a really good goaltender. Thats basically every team thats left except Toronto. Nobody can doubt that the Pens are stacked as hell. But the amazing, and frustrating, thing about the NHL playoffs is that is never what wins. The team is way too lose in their own end.

I would say that they will fix it, but I thought they would after last seasons playoff disaster and it didn't happen. Orpik mentioned it right away in the interview after the game. As a defensive-defenseman, I'm not surprised he is frustrated with it. Orpik actually said it very well. I know the Pens see the issue, but I haven't seen them show an effort to change it.

Their d has let them down but the isles were smartly banking it off the boards knowing fleurys weaknesses. The D has to get better no doubt. Still gaining chemistry with all the new additions too is what people forget

Predarat 05-12-2013 10:38 AM

The will be interesting to see what Pit does with flower if Vokoun stays in and they win the cup.

Mother****erJones 05-12-2013 10:48 AM

I'd stick with vokoun. Fleury has no confidence.

DaFace 05-12-2013 08:26 PM

Kind of a cool video of Islanders' fans after the loss yesterday. It's cool to see fans who had a great time watching their team even though the end of it all wasn't the Cup.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h5yD9CqZABg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC_Connection 05-12-2013 09:33 PM

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RgcBR1Qgac0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RgcBR1Qgac0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

One more. Finish off the Bruins.

Bearcat 05-12-2013 09:58 PM

Jimmy Howard just got shot in the chest! Oh wait, no, he just got nudged with a stick.

Mother****erJones 05-12-2013 10:03 PM

When is game 1 OTT vs PIT?

Sully 05-12-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9678034)
Jimmy Howard just got shot in the chest! Oh wait, no, he just got nudged with a stick.

He sure does a hell of a lot of acting. One of those things that, since he's on my team, I think it's great, but if he were on another, I'd ****ing hate him.
That said, he hit the nest guy pretty square in the neck with his stick, so the penalty was legit.