ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Gruden QB Camp Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271460)

patteeu 04-06-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9562696)
I didn't ban you today. I just wanted you to know that.

Honestly, you weren't even a suspect. I'm pretty sure I know who it was.

Saccopoo 04-06-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9562222)
We should of traded up to get Tannehill. He will be a good qb. Meanwhile this year Geno who everyone compares to Tannehill is sitting there and all we have to do is select him.

Whoa...

Anybody comparing Geno to Tannehill is a dipshit.

Geno is substantially better and more advanced in his game than Tannehill was at the same stage.

Not even close.

aturnis 04-06-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9562710)
Honestly, you weren't even a suspect. I'm pretty sure I know who it was.

I'd ban you in a heartbeat...

Saccopoo 04-06-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9562582)
So who do you guys think Dorsey has labeled as the BPA?

http://snyjets.files.wordpress.com/2...geno-smith.jpg

Messier 04-06-2013 08:00 PM

Right now, I have no reason to question Dorsey and Reid when they say they haven't decided who the pick will be, and won't narrow it to one guy until four days before the draft.

If I had to guess, the two tackles, Geno, and Jordan are the finalists, and I don't think it'll matter who's here, or what position is a need, and what isn't.

Saccopoo 04-06-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9562925)
Right now, I have no reason to question Dorsey and Reid when they say they haven't decided who the pick will be, and won't narrow it to one guy until four days before the draft.

If I had to guess, the two tackles, Geno, and Jordan are the finalists, and I don't think it'll matter who's here, or what position is a need, and what isn't.

Ayep.

They filled all the holes on the roster and it's going to be a pure BPA draft for these guys.

I'm crossing my fingers that it's Geno in the end as I think he'll provide a fan base spark due to the ineptitude of drafting QB's over the past 30 years. Geno would be a huge statement pick for the new regime that they are willing to get a QB in and groom him. It's been a long, long time since we've had the opportunity to get excited about a hand picked QB (I still remember everyone getting excited about Brodie and Ricky), and with the Alex Smith acquisition, there is absolutely no pressure that will be placed on Geno, Alex, Reid or Dorsey as we'll happily let him sit and learn the system so that he's ready to go. Having done that with Rogers and seeing how it turned out is a nice cushion that Dorsey will have in selecting Geno.

Drafting one of the tackles or Jordan doesn't give the fan base that same expectant excitement as they are simply "backups" where Geno is the future in the eyes of the fans.

B14ckmon 04-06-2013 08:18 PM

45 minutes until I get to see the Fatt Larkley guy my team is probably going to waste a valuable pick on.

penbrook 04-06-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9563032)
45 minutes until I get to see the Fatt Larkley guy my team is probably going to waste a valuable pick on.

And that would be?

B14ckmon 04-06-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9563040)
And that would be?

Fatt Larkley...think about it.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-06-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9563071)
Fatt Larkley...think about it.

I thought his already aired according to the ESPN schedule...?

Messier 04-06-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9563020)
Ayep.

They filled all the holes on the roster and it's going to be a pure BPA draft for these guys.

I'm crossing my fingers that it's Geno in the end as I think he'll provide a fan base spark due to the ineptitude of drafting QB's over the past 30 years. Geno would be a huge statement pick for the new regime that they are willing to get a QB in and groom him. It's been a long, long time since we've had the opportunity to get excited about a hand picked QB (I still remember everyone getting excited about Brodie and Ricky), and with the Alex Smith acquisition, there is absolutely no pressure that will be placed on Geno, Alex, Reid or Dorsey as we'll happily let him sit and learn the system so that he's ready to go. Having done that with Rogers and seeing how it turned out is a nice cushion that Dorsey will have in selecting Geno.

Drafting one of the tackles or Jordan doesn't give the fan base that same expectant excitement as they are simply "backups" where Geno is the future in the eyes of the fans.

You may disagree, well, clearly you do, based on this post, but the absolute wrong reason to draft anyone is, hey, the fans will like this. Pick the player you think will have the best impact, and will be the best pro. Sure, QB has more impact than the other positions, I think that's why Geno is even in consideration at all. If they think Geno will take years to develop, and even then will only be average, don't take him. Sure, I'd be really intrigued by Geno, but, I'm not nearly as high on him as some here. I think he'll take time and patience. But if they feel the work will be worth it in the end, by all means take him. Just don't do it because it'd be popular.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-06-2013 08:39 PM

Just do it because I ****ing say so. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

aturnis 04-06-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9563040)
And that would be?

Are you serious?

B14ckmon 04-06-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9563099)
I thought his already aired according to the ESPN schedule...?

I don't know. I'm just going by what everyone is saying on Twitter including Barkley.

B14ckmon 04-06-2013 09:00 PM

Yea it's on now;

http://nowwatchtvlive.com/2011/09/wa...ree-streaming/