ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs better get a New DB fast. Denver and Wes ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271094)

Hootie 03-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9494308)
Holy shit.

Welker takes $12M over two years. $6M per

We pay Donnie ****ing Avery $11M over 3 years. Nearly $4M per.

We pay DeVito $12M over 3 years. $4M per.

Fasano, $16M over 4 years. $4M per.

Someone is doing this right, someone is doing it horribly wrong.

JFC LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

you're the worst

Jerm 03-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Holy shit.

Avery is getting 8.55 mil but ok...

Amnorix 03-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9494284)
My statistics posted, disagree with you.

Welker is a great weapon in the right circumstances, but you're clearly wrong just by virtue of the fact that apparently nobody in the NFL was willing to offer more than 2/$12. If he was the greatest thing in the universe, surely he'd be worth more than that.

Unless, of course, you're right and 32 NFL GMs are wrong. That must be it...

notorious 03-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9494293)
Yeah, Idiots are sitting here saying Wes Welker isn't one of the best receivers of all time, or THE SINGLE best slot receiver to ever play the game.

And he just went to a division rival while we signed Donnie ****ing Avery.

I've seen this before, our divisional rival that we hate more than anyone, just signed a superstar, so we, in our infinite fear, decided to downplay the guy.

"Peyton isn't the same, he won't do well". Boom, comeback player of the year, great season, one of his best, and they won the west.

Lets not fool ourselves, Wes Welker is the ****ing shit, period.

Who are you arguing with?

Wes Welker is fantastic, and I have yet to hear anyone say otherwise.

Exoter175 03-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9494310)
Exactly...I see this as hurting the Pats wayyyy more than helping the Broncos.

Debatable, but you have to admit, this is a HUGE gain for the Broncos offense.

Jerm 03-13-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9494318)
Debatable, but you have to admit, this is a HUGE gain for the Broncos offense.

It means Thomas or Decker or hell even maybe both are going to have MONSTER years now.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9494227)
Those guys you listed, aren't slot receivers.

What does that have to do with this statement:

Quote:

Welker is more dangerous, more of a difference maker than any receiver in this league
You most assuredly did not say he was the most dangerous slot receiver in the league. You said he was the most dangerous - period. That's as stupid a statement as has been uttered around here...ever.

Quote:

haven't caught 100 or more passes in a single season, 5 different times.
Welker was targeted 174 times last year; I'd say that has a little to do with his lofty catch numbers, don't you? And he's not being asked to make difficult catches up over his shoulder and way downfield - he's squatting into zones and making fairly easy catches. Over the last 4 years he's been targeted 605 times. Yeah, 150 targets/season...no big deal.

Quote:

Welker has amazing hands compared to Davone Bess, and runs absolutely amazing routes, something Bess will never do.
Morever, his drop rate really isn't that good. Last season he had 133 catchable balls and dropped 15 of them; a drop rate of over 11%. For the record, Stokely's drop rate was 4.26% Danny Amendola had a drop rate of 3.13.

You're full of shit. Welker actually drops an above average % of passes thrown his way. He's not a downfield threat. Sure, he runs good routes, but that's usually the last argument guys make when they can't explain why a WR is actually catching a bunch of balls. Ultimately, Welker's no Marvin Harrison. He runs decent routes, but they aren't amazing.

Wes Welker is a system WR - the end. I'm not convinced he's even a shred better than Danny Amendola and every rate stat bears that out, even if the raw counting stats do not.

I repeat - Wes Welker doesn't scare me.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-13-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9494296)
it makes the Pats considerably worse...

when they were toying around with Eldeman over Welker that offense wasn't nearly as good...the injuries happened, Welker is reinserted, and all of the sudden Tom Terrific is Tom Terrific again

Amnorix and the Pats fans can parade around like 'oh no big deal' but it is a big deal

I agree. I think Gronk and Hernandez won't be nearly as effective even if they can stay healthy.

Amnorix 03-13-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

when they were toying around with Eldeman over Welker that offense wasn't nearly as good...the injuries happened, Welker is reinserted, and all of the sudden Tom Terrific is Tom Terrific again

Amnorix and the Pats fans can parade around like 'oh no big deal' but it is a big deal

It will be a big deal if he isn't adequately replaced by another "plus" receiver and/or Hernandez or Gronk go down AGAIN.

There's many ways to skin a cat. Other teams have won it all with lesser QBs than Tom Brady and without Wes Welker. In fact, we haven't won it ever WITH Welker.

The Patriots aren't dead meat now. It's day two of free agency. But they better spend/draft wisely, because they just lost a very, very good player who was everything you want -- consistent, tough, intelligent, talented, etc.

Mile High Mania 03-13-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

I think the Patriots took a big step back... look at their WR production outside of Welker in 2012. Then, take away Brandon Lloyd... now look at the numbers. They have some work to do.

notorious 03-13-2013 04:09 PM

As said before, if Welker is "Best WR" in the league, why didn't every GM go ****ing crazy trying to sign him?

He loves Denver so much that he will take 2 1/2 times less money? You are out of you ****ing mind!?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-13-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Holy shit.

Yeah I'm sure Welker had KC circled

Amnorix 03-13-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9494317)

Yes, but he's painting Welker as the greatest WR in the NFL today, which is nuts.

Exoter175 03-13-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9494316)
Welker is a great weapon in the right circumstances, but you're clearly wrong just by virtue of the fact that apparently nobody in the NFL was willing to offer more than 2/$12. If he was the greatest thing in the universe, surely he'd be worth more than that.

Unless, of course, you're right and 32 NFL GMs are wrong. That must be it...

He's a slot receiver, there isn't a huge need for a SLOT receiver out there right now, and there aren't many teams with enough cap room to manager their free agency frenzy AND the draft, while re-signing their current players.

Its a lot different than say, a Franchise QB like Peyton Manning hitting free agency.

Guess what, 32 teams didn't take a stab at Peyton Manning, why? They didn't NEED a QB, or they thought they couldn't AFFORD a Peyton Manning.

Same applies here, but your talk makes the assumption that Wes Welker is merely a product of his offense.

If that were the case Edelman would have done the same when given the opportunity, he didn't. Welker is the real deal, and the Broncos just got him on a huge discount, and every talking head in the NFL is agreeing with what I have to say right now, and disagreeing with the detractors of Wes Welker.
Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9494317)

Are you reading this thread? Just curious.

jspchief 03-13-2013 04:10 PM

Welcome to the AFC west, Wes. Chiefs fans look forward to your bimbo opening her specimen cup.