ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody still think Haley shouldn't have been fired? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266565)

Sorter 11-14-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9117590)
The second paragraph was directed at others, not you. Basically, I was trying to say "ditto" in response to your previous post.

Well, then, awesome. :p

BossChief 11-14-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117583)
Haley, the Great Motivator, had this team so flat the first two weeks that Peyton Manning would have been bummed out and underperformed.

This shit about Haley is nothing more than a ****ing myth.

Haley was an outside the box thinker and his approach to the lockout shortened offseason was to take it slow and build towards getting up to normal speed gradually. It was by design to avoid injuries and by sheer bad luck, he still lost 3 of his best players to season ending ACL tears.

The slow start was by design and if Moeaki, Charles and Berry don't go down...the season plays out differently.

UK_Chief 11-14-2012 04:28 AM

Another thought, where would we be if we hadn't fired Herm? I was as pleased as anyone when he went, but you have to admit he knew how to draft. I think the talent would be higher at this point...

Rausch 11-14-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_Chief (Post 9117653)
Another thought, where would we be if we hadn't fired Herm?

YOU GET THE **** OUT NOW AND NEVER COME BACK!

ncCHIEFfan 11-14-2012 04:48 AM

What if.......? What is the point in that game. If Herm was so talented he would be on staff somewhere.

What ever was Haleys reasoning for HCing a bad team....Does it matter?

Just give me a FO and Coaching staff with players that leave it on the field every game.

Don't care what their names are or what type of O or D they run. Let's be consistent playoff/SB contenders. Anything/anyone that cause the Chiefs to come up short..."Get a Rope"

UK_Chief 11-14-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9117655)
YOU GET THE **** OUT NOW AND NEVER COME BACK!

He drafted the majority of the bright spots on this team and some that have left (Carr for example). I didn't like Herm as a HC but he could spot talent. Something Pioli and RC don't seem to be able to do.

Woodchuck 11-14-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117620)
Haley was an outside the box thinker and his approach to the lockout shortened offseason was to take it slow and build towards getting up to normal speed gradually. It was by design to avoid injuries and by sheer bad luck, he still lost 3 of his best players to season ending ACL tears.

The slow start was by design and if Moeaki, Charles and Berry don't go down...the season plays out differently.

ROFL Haley was a legend in his own mind. He tried to "revolutionize the game" with his stupid training camp and playcalling system for example. It wasn't thinking outside the box. It was arrogance. It was going against what every HC has ever done in history.

This is why he got fired. For doing crap like that. There was no ****ing conspiracy. He just sucked and was a dumbass.

Grim 11-14-2012 08:22 AM

I'd be freaking ecstatic if, somehow, the Chiefs could lure Haley away from the Steelers and make him our head coach again......... and then fire his ass....again.

BigMeatballDave 11-14-2012 08:26 AM

I'd like to take a second and laugh at those who hate Todd Haley and remind you that our resident reerun, blackbob, shares the same opinion as you.

Have a nice day.

:)

Woodchuck 11-14-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim (Post 9117822)
I'd be freaking ecstatic if, somehow, the Chiefs could lure Haley away from the Steelers and make him our head coach again......... and then fire his ass....again.

It would be really funny to see Herm and Haley coaching together and having a good cop / bad cop sort of thing going on. ROFL

Reerun_KC 11-14-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117575)
But if Haley was solely responsible for Cassel's breakout year in 2010, what went wrong in 2011?

If he was so great and commanded so much respect, why did the defense give up 41 and 45 points to start the season?

I'm not trying to hammer you personally but Todd Haley was a ****ing joke.

Because Crennel is a joke and a fraud of a HC and for sure over ****ing rated as a DC...

People who defended Crennels defense or him being the HC can go Dane themselves with a pogo stick.

DTLB58 11-14-2012 09:39 AM

No. I would have been good with firing Scott. Give Haley his QB of choice and a couple of more years to see what he could do, but a short leash.

milkman 11-14-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9117818)
ROFL Haley was a legend in his own mind. He tried to "revolutionize the game" with his stupid training camp and playcalling system for example. It wasn't thinking outside the box. It was arrogance. It was going against what every HC has ever done in history.

This is why he got fired. For doing crap like that. There was no ****ing conspiracy. He just sucked and was a dumbass.

Because every coach in history has had to deal with one week after losing most of camp to a lockout.

It's clear to everyone, even those that support him, that the approach didn't work, though the reasoning was good.

LOCOChief 11-14-2012 09:52 AM

I don't think Haley should've been fired. I think the reports of Haley asking Pioli why he's the coach if he's not allowed to coach are true. Pioli's a control freak, nobody is going to be successful under those circumstances. Haley's a young offensive minded coach that if given the opportunity would've kept Orton and sure as hell never would've entertained the idea of bringing Quinn in.
The team is undisciplined, the coach is hapless, the owner is absent and the general manager is creating an environment that breeds resentment from the top down and is not conducive the attracting good free agents. - The chiefs suck ass.

Woodchuck 11-14-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9118010)
Because every coach in history has had to deal with one week after losing most of camp to a lockout.

It's clear to everyone, even those that support him, that the approach didn't work, though the reasoning was good.

The reasoning was bad and it was apparent after a week. He failed or refused to adapt and that was another one of his major flaws. His unwillingness to change was part of what cost him his job.

I could go on for years about haley but, I will give it a rest. He is gone from KC forever.