ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

Red Brooklyn 04-18-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8548277)
Varys is really smart and conniving. I'm not sure if I hate him or like him.

Oh, I love him. Trust him about as far as I can throw him. But I love him.

chagrin 04-18-2012 02:17 PM

I have just a few thoughts on season 2 so far - no I didn't read the books so no leet flaming please.

In short, the production - mind numbingly slow.
There are seemingly only 3 "good guys" in the story, Arya and the other bastard (forget his name, the bull helm kid) and Jon Snow - even Sansa is a **** (least she is to the whore/hand maiden). Not that I am complaining, just an observation on how utterly cruel everyone in the story is. Any one of them would kill a person for looking at them wrong, wild stuff.

I am in love with the Iron dude's sister, Gemma Whelan - mean, tough hot chick.
I can do without the gheys.

I would like more about Jon Snow and his wall buddies.

I wonder how much The dragon lady plays a part in the whole thing but so far I'm not impressed. "Khalisi" is getting real old. Seems to me the tribe she led would have already chosen a new leader and not accepted her. If they removed her altogether I would be perfectly fine with it but I know that can't happen. Also I realize they cast an actress with very limited history but she is the weak link in the cast and not convincing at all.

Love the Dwarf, hate Lena Headley (she plays that part oh too well)

can't wait for the little turd king, the whore house owner and "no balls" to get theirs (if in fact they ever do, I don't know didn't read the books), and was seriously disappointed when they chose to whack the old guy instead of the other two.

Still pissed they whacked the best movie actor (in my opinion of course) in season 1 but I get the story. Just wished they could have had Sean Bean play someone else.

In short, I think I get it, 5 kingdoms going to fight for the throne, right? Season 1 got off to a fast start and this season is totally opposite.

Anyway just throwing in my 2 cents, still going to watch all of it and anxious for each new episode.

EDIT - forgot to discuss the witch with all the influence over the one guy (forget his name) - yawn.

chagrin 04-18-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8548119)
Yoren went out like a badass.

hell yeah he did, I liked that guy

Fire Me Boy! 04-18-2012 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin (Post 8551556)
Still pissed they whacked the best movie actor (in my opinion of course) in season 1 but I get the story. Just wished they could have had Sean Bean play someone else.

Just a guess, but I doubt Sean Bean would have been in it if it was a long-running part. The guy does a lot of movies; a show like this could tie up his career, and he doesn't need that (and I kinda doubt he wants a long-term commitment to it).

That said, we need to stop the insanity. The guy has died 21 times.

chagrin 04-18-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8551574)
Just a guess, but I doubt Sean Bean would have been in it if it was a long-running part. The guy does a lot of movies; a show like this could tie up his career, and he doesn't need that (and I kinda doubt he wants a long-term commitment to it).

That said, we need to stop the insanity. The guy has died 21 times.

ha! good one, I agree

Hawk 04-18-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin (Post 8551556)
I have just a few thoughts on season 2 so far - no I didn't read the books so no leet flaming please.

In short, the production - mind numbingly slow.
There are seemingly only 3 "good guys" in the story, Arya and the other bastard (forget his name, the bull helm kid) and Jon Snow - even Sansa is a **** (least she is to the whore/hand maiden). Not that I am complaining, just an observation on how utterly cruel everyone in the story is. Any one of them would kill a person for looking at them wrong, wild stuff.

I am in love with the Iron dude's sister, Gemma Whelan - mean, tough hot chick.
I can do without the gheys.

I would like more about Jon Snow and his wall buddies.

I wonder how much The dragon lady plays a part in the whole thing but so far I'm not impressed. "Khalisi" is getting real old. Seems to me the tribe she led would have already chosen a new leader and not accepted her. If they removed her altogether I would be perfectly fine with it but I know that can't happen. Also I realize they cast an actress with very limited history but she is the weak link in the cast and not convincing at all.

Love the Dwarf, hate Lena Headley (she plays that part oh too well)

can't wait for the little turd king, the whore house owner and "no balls" to get theirs (if in fact they ever do, I don't know didn't read the books), and was seriously disappointed when they chose to whack the old guy instead of the other two.

In short, I think I get it, 5 kingdoms going to fight for the throne, right? Season 1 got off to a fast start and this season is totally opposite.

Anyway just throwing in my 2 cents, still going to watch all of it and anxious for each new episode.

EDIT - forgot to discuss the witch with all the influence over the one guy (forget his name) - yawn.

My thoughts on your thoughts.

I think there are a few more good guys, my list as far as main characters go would include Tyrion, Robb, Bran, Arya, Jon, Catelyn, Dany and Davos (new guy who serves Stannis). There ae other minor ones. Of course, few of GRRM's characters in these books are purely good or bad, which keeps it interesting.

I'm not in love with the casting of Theon's sister, but I'll giver her a chance. I too could do without the gay scenes, but Margery was hot and I liked her character.

You will get more out of Jon Snow and his buddies in upcoming episodes.

I thought the actress playing Dany was good last season, but she hasn't been great so far this season, not that she's had much to do, but I will hold judgment because I really liked her last season. The bottom line is Dany doesn't have a huge role in Book 2, so she won't have a huge role this season until nearer the end. Her story really picks up steam in book 3 though, and I think this actress can pull it off.

The problem this season and future seasons have is that the story has gotten so expansive with so many characters and locations. Season one got off to a bang with Bran being thrown out the window and all the Starks being together with Ned to be the center of it all. Now they have to try to balance a lot of stories all over the place in a short time with no true lead character (other than Tyrion), so it has taken some time to get eveything set up. The second half of GRRM books tend to hold a lot more action, so I think things will pick up nicely as this season goes along.

Red Brooklyn 04-18-2012 03:10 PM

So far Asha/Yara (Theon's sister) is not doing much for me in the show. The casting is super odd to me, not at all what I pictured while reading. We'll see where she goes but so far it's really off to me.

She's so feisty and clever and funny and sexy in the books. But whatever. It's still early.

chagrin 04-19-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8551639)
So far Asha/Yara (Theon's sister) is not doing much for me in the show. The casting is super odd to me, not at all what I pictured while reading. We'll see where she goes but so far it's really off to me.

She's so feisty and clever and funny and sexy in the books. But whatever. It's still early.

Yeah not reading the books I wouldn't have guessed, she's pretty dark so far lol

Red Brooklyn 04-19-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin (Post 8553708)
Yeah not reading the books I wouldn't have guessed, she's pretty dark so far lol

She's definitely power hungry and aggressive and a better son than Theon in the books as well. So they've got that stuff nailed in the show. They just haven't portrayed any of her more endearing (at least to me) qualities yet. You get a little taste of it when she lets Theon think she's some random chick and not his sister. But even that is much less feisty and playful in the show than in the book. At least, the way I read it.

Hawk 04-19-2012 01:38 PM

Her witty banter with Theon when he thinks she's someone else is much better in the book scene. We'll have to see as it goes on, but I pictured her as a little more attractive than the girl playing her on the show.

vailpass 04-19-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8553776)
Her witty banter with Theon when he thinks she's someone else is much better in the book scene. We'll have to see as it goes on, but I pictured her as a little more attractive than the girl playing her on the show.

To say the very least. When they were selling golden beauty HBO Asha apparently paid the iron price.

Red Brooklyn 04-19-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8553776)

Yep.

Frazod 04-20-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8551639)

Yeah, I was expecting a sultry biker bitch type. She's more of a nasty biker bitch. Ick. Looks like a thinner version of the captive from Silence of the Lambs.

Do not want.

KcMizzou 04-20-2012 09:53 PM

It works for me. I doubt The Iron Islands are full of beautiful women, much less one that would be accepted and respected as a leader of men. She had to be a little "butch".

Baby Lee 04-21-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8556420)
Yeah, I was expecting a sultry biker bitch type. She's more of a nasty biker bitch. Ick. Looks like a thinner version of the captive from Silence of the Lambs.

Do not want.

I dunno, she has Chloe Sevigny eyes, and I'm a sucker for Chloe Sevigny eyes.