ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

notorious 05-30-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6790189)

But also willing to make the same mistake twice, perhaps.

Thanks for blowing my mind. I missed that one. Nice work :)

Reaper16 05-31-2010 01:00 AM

Of course, Jesse even being with Ashley (or whatever her name is) = Jesse making the same mistake twice (Jane). But, like O'Keefe, it is different every time.

Gustavo's portentous warning that Walt shouldn't make the same mistake twice is going to linger in my mind for the rest of the series.

Tonight's episode was hilarious; really funny stuff. Also balls-out scary to me in many ways. Damn this is a great show. I second the greatness of the underneath-the-meth shot as Jesse breaks up the glass into salable pieces.

TrickyNicky 05-31-2010 01:05 AM

"Walt's a scientist; Scientists love lasers." Gotta love Saul

Reaper16 05-31-2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 6790280)
"Walt's a scientist; Scientists love lasers." Gotta love Saul

"... also, Bumper Boats."

Zebedee DuBois 05-31-2010 07:30 AM

I'm still pondering the "Don't make the same mistake twice." message.

The immediate cut-away was to Jesse going to buy from the little assassin on the bike. Walt's suspicion of the lab being bugged could be short - it could be videotaped, as well. Gus may know of Jesses' skimming.

Or...Gus's statement came right after some statements on wealth. Does he know the details of Saul's laundering methods, Skylar's proposed method, or of the money paying for Hanks bills - and not approve?

So many ways it could go - I guess I just hafta keep watching.

btw...the promos said only 3 episodes left in the show - is that the entire show or just the season? I thought there was one more season planned after the current one.

notorious 05-31-2010 08:09 AM

The "Don't make the same mistake twice" message (from Gus) pertains to Jesse IMO. Jesse is a ****-up, always has been, always will be.

He is so stupid that he stole meth from a job where he is making 500K a month.

It could also mean that he is worried about how Walt is spending his money. It is way too obvious. Gus has a nice home, but it is within reason. Gus could buy a 30 million dollar castle, but he chooses to be cautious.

When Gus invited him over, initially I thought he might be gay for Walt ROFL.

ROFL at Badger when Jesse asked him how much he sold, and he responded by telling him he sold a teenth Skinny.

shitgoose 05-31-2010 08:40 AM

I think that Walt ends up investing his money with Ted Beneke, who would be considered a "Danny". He is cooking the books and seems to have cash flow issues. I

Also, eventually Hank is going to find out where the money is coming from.He won't be able to do anything about it having taken hundreds of thousands from Walt for his treatment.

notorious 05-31-2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shitgoose (Post 6790449)
I think that Walt ends up investing his money with Ted Beneke, who would be considered a "Danny". He is cooking the books and seems to have cash flow issues. I

Also, eventually Hank is going to find out where the money is coming from.He won't be able to do anything about it having taken hundreds of thousands from Walt for his treatment.

I think Hank is already putting it together.

irishjayhawk 05-31-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 6790369)
I'm still pondering the "Don't make the same mistake twice." message.

The immediate cut-away was to Jesse going to buy from the little assassin on the bike. Walt's suspicion of the lab being bugged could be short - it could be videotaped, as well. Gus may know of Jesses' skimming.

Or...Gus's statement came right after some statements on wealth. Does he know the details of Saul's laundering methods, Skylar's proposed method, or of the money paying for Hanks bills - and not approve?

So many ways it could go - I guess I just hafta keep watching.

btw...the promos said only 3 episodes left in the show - is that the entire show or just the season? I thought there was one more season planned after the current one.

Season.

WilliamTheIrish 06-02-2010 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6788422)
Hank "I'll be thinking breath mint everytime we do a stakeout. Jesus, you got breath that could knock a vulture off a shitwagon."

LMAO

An old George Carlin line.

Buck 06-03-2010 01:34 AM

Ok, so I just watched it, well finished watching it.

Two problems. The volume was really bad, I had a hard time hearing Jesse's new chick and Hank.

What did the chick say about that corner and also how did Jesse find out about the corner? He looked pissed at the end.

irishjayhawk 06-03-2010 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6795919)
Ok, so I just watched it, well finished watching it.

Two problems. The volume was really bad, I had a hard time hearing Jesse's new chick and Hank.

What did the chick say about that corner and also how did Jesse find out about the corner? He looked pissed at the end.

Her little brother was sucked into the game. He was the kid in Season 2 who was riding the bike and then shot Combo. That's who he visited on the corner and bought from.

irishjayhawk 06-03-2010 07:22 PM

Sepinwall said this week's Breaking Bad is "INSANE" and continues in the great season we're having.

notorious 06-05-2010 01:37 PM

Was Gus talking about Saul when he told Hank to not make the same mistake twice?

Another possibility........

Zebedee DuBois 06-06-2010 09:03 PM

Lots of good stuff tonight!