ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Spider Man 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266112)

Valiant 05-04-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10602194)
I'd expect a big second-week dropoff. They still make money, so they'll keep the rights and keep churning them out, but I wouldn't expect much more past five or so if they don't improve the quality.

Marvel's got Avengers-themed movies planned out until 2028. I wouldn't be surprised if they're figuring they'll just reboot X-Men, Spider-Man, and Fantastic Four after that.

I think it would be easier if they just bought them out. Throw a couple bill to get it back for each one.

Rausch 05-04-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Marvel's got Avengers-themed movies planned out until 2028. I wouldn't be surprised if they're figuring they'll just reboot X-Men, Spider-Man, and Fantastic Four after that.

I'm a comix nerd and like going to these flicks but I'd be shocked if supes movies still have this kind of momentum with the general public in 10-15 years.

There's so much of it right now they'll get burned out (like zombies) and it'll be back to the hard core fans only...

Anyong Bluth 05-04-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

I'd expect a big second-week dropoff. They still make money, so they'll keep the rights and keep churning them out, but I wouldn't expect much more past five or so if they don't improve the quality.

Garfield already has said his last is the 3rd film, and there is already talk about the next Spiderman reboot won't be the Peter Parker storyline.

Aries Walker 05-04-2014 07:04 PM

I actually don't think they will. Other genres have come and gone - westerns in the 50's and 60's, slasher movies or swords and sorcery in the 80's, romantic comedies in the 90's, and so on - but this is unlike them in that an entire studio has been devoted to just these films. This one studio has put out nine films, almost all huge successes, in six years, half the time it took James Bond (also a runaway hit series) to reach the same amount.

Marvel is probably even buoying the genre by now, because if the viewing public had only Man of Steel, the X-Men and Spider-Man series to go on, they'd think superhero movies really do suck now that Nolan's finished.

They're in effect a specialized studio, focusing on superhero movies in the same way Miramax focuses on indies. Marvel has thousands of characters and fifty years of stories to draw on, so they'll keep it going for a long time.

Deberg_1990 05-04-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

The overseas market is more important than the US market now anyways. Its one of the reasons these flicks open up around the world before the US market,.

Deberg_1990 05-04-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10602241)
Garfield already has said his last is the 3rd film, and there is already talk about the next Spiderman reboot won't be the Peter Parker storyline.

He will be getting too old for the role anyways after that.

Aries Walker 05-04-2014 07:11 PM

Hasn't slowed Hugh Jackman down much.

Anyong Bluth 05-04-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10602271)

And he's said that his next stand alone pic will be his last. Right now word is an adaptation of the Old Man Logan story.

Aries Walker 05-04-2014 07:28 PM

It almost has to be.

Deberg_1990 05-04-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10602271)

I didnt mean Garfield wouldnt be able to handle the role physically. I meant his look would be too old for the role. has there ever been an older looking Peter Parker/Spiderman?

Rausch 05-04-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10602487)
I didnt mean Garfield wouldnt be able to handle the role physically. I meant his look would be too old for the role. has there ever been an older looking Peter Parker/Spiderman?

He was married for like the last 15 years until recently. I want to say he's (somehow) in his 30's in the comix. I haven't really followed him in years...

Aries Walker 05-04-2014 09:07 PM

He's 28 in the comics.

Bowser 05-04-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10602301)
And he's said that his next stand alone pic will be his last. Right now word is an adaptation of the Old Man Logan story.

That WOULD be badass, but only if Marvel had access to all of its theatrical characters. IIRC, Spiderman, Iron Man and the Hulk play extremely prominent roles in that story.

ThaVirus 05-04-2014 09:47 PM

Spider Man 2

I think all of the other heroes get killed. Except for Hawkeye.

Wolverine actually used Iron Man's armor and Cap's shield at one point.

Anyong Bluth 05-04-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10602519)
He's 28 in the comics.

I heard he's really much older, lies about his age because he can't accept being over 30, and has had a ton of work done.

Seriously, they've never done a story arc about PP as an old / older man?

That seems less believable than a boy given spider enhanced capabilities after being bitten by a radioactive spider.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10602552)
That WOULD be badass, but only if Marvel had access to all of its theatrical characters. IIRC, Spiderman, Iron Man and the Hulk play extremely prominent roles in that story.

Well you can cross Spider Man off that list. Every one else is fair game afaik (?)