ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What will the Chiefs receive if they decide to trade Alex Smith this offseason? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311040)

JakeF 10-25-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13175395)
Good to see others awake. I am depressed because Alex is still our QB. Mahomes would get me, the knowledgable fans and the NFL excited about the Chiefs. Until then...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:shake:

JakeF 10-25-2017 02:29 PM

People still blaming the offense. They choose to blame who they want to blame, it's not about performance at all.

ARROW2 10-25-2017 02:51 PM

Stay blind my friends. I haven't even fired up the grill this year before a game. Wake me when the game manager is out of the lineup. I watch games with no emotion whatsoever unless it is seeing Alex miss yet another wide open receiver or make a wide open receiver stretch for a difficult catch or see Alex turtle instead of unleashing a TD pass to a receiver breaking open. He doesn't have the arm or the confidence to do it, so he turtles because he doesn't want to risk a turnover. Wentz has more picks, but he has more TDs. Smith appears to "not lose" games because he doesn't throw picks but he doesn't make "enough plays" to help you win the game when playing against top notch teams, which is what you WILL see in the playoffs, thus it is predictable what he is going to do in those games. The Pitt game was THE statement game of the year and he failed it miserably. THAT is what you will see in the playoffs out of him, HOME or AWAY.

kccrow 10-25-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13174601)
It literally says all 3 who led those categories won MVP and made the super bowl. I see reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit

:shake: It does not say all. Its says "the last 3."

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13174690)
I’ve said this before if Smith is one and done again I’m all for having Mahomes start next season. If Smitty takes us to the AFCCG or Super Bowl than I sense a extension for the Chiefs coming

:doh!: Why? Why does he need to be extended? Why would the Chiefs even entertain that thought? Stupid.

Bewbies 10-25-2017 07:26 PM

If the Chiefs let Alex Smith play out his contract here and then he signed a fatass deal somewhere else we’d get a 3rd round pick.

So KC ain’t taking shit picks to let him go. :)

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13175389)
and he WILL again. sigh. "as I watch other young QBs win and get valuable experience". Chiefs, always behind the curve.

I feel your pain. I was all aboard the "sit and learn"-train until camp started. By the time it was finished, I concluded that sitting Mahomes for a year was pointless, and it is.
He proved himself by advancing lightning quick and by making plays happen when the ball was put in his hands, when the offense was under his command.
That was all I needed to see.
I hope this "last campaign for the glory of Smitty"( and the other elder farts on this squad that should have been gone long ago, Belicheck-style )fails spectacularly.
Smith-led Chiefs football is abysmal, a weekly reminder of every reeruned practice this dumbassed franchise has employed for decades of miserable seasons.
Let it end.
Kill it.
Enough.
Get this tinker-toy, pretend bullshit the **** off my field.
Yesterday.

OldSchool 10-25-2017 07:49 PM

It'll be a 1st rounder or two 2nd round picks.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2017 07:51 PM

COMPLETELY ****ing unwatchable is Smith/Chiefs football.

RAID
AIDS
FIRE
DIE!

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2017 07:52 PM

BEAT IT UNTIL ITS GUTS FLY OUT ITS ASSHOLE!

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 13176053)
It'll be a 1st rounder or two 2nd round picks.

IT'LL BE JACK AND SHIT BECAUSE WE ARE reerunED SEA MONKEYS!

cooper barrett 10-25-2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13175392)
please don't EVER compare Smith to Brady in any kind of way EVER again.

OK have it your way.:cuss::cuss:

When the defender should have caught it the receiver should get all the credit but the way the NFL scores it..... Notch on the bedpost

You mean a 1 yard bounce pass to Cook for a TD?

I think Smith did one of those for a TD too. ****ing QB"s padding their resumes.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

RunKC 10-27-2017 11:48 AM

If you are the Vikings why wouldn't you trade for Alex? Top 5 defense, Dalvin Cook, Stefon Diggs and Laquan Treadwell. $50 million in cap space.

All you really need is a QB.

RealSNR 10-27-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13178409)
If you are the Vikings why wouldn't you trade for Alex? Top 5 defense, Dalvin Cook, Stefon Diggs and Laquan Treadwell. $50 million in cap space.

Spielman is a GM who can admit his mistakes, but I think he's going to roll with what he's got, whether that's some cybernetically enhanced version of Bridgewater produced from a secret lab... or Sam Bradford. Hell, he might keep rolling with Keenum, too. Right now his resume regarding QBs doesn't look too good because he's spent a lot to acquire very little. I don't know if he is in good enough standing to spend more picks for another veteran and not have Ziggy Wilf think about putting his head on the chopping block

A 2nd + change to move up into the first and draft Bridgewater in 2014

A 1st + change to trade for Sam Bradford in 2016.

And now he'd be giving up at least one 2nd rounder for Alex.

The Franchise 10-27-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13178516)
Spielman is a GM who can admit his mistakes, but I think he's going to roll with what he's got, whether that's some cybernetically enhanced version of Bridgewater produced from a secret lab... or Sam Bradford. Hell, he might keep rolling with Keenum, too. Right now his resume regarding QBs doesn't look too good because he's spent a lot to acquire very little. I don't know if he is in good enough standing to spend more picks for another veteran and not have Ziggy Wilf think about putting his head on the chopping block

A 2nd + change to move up into the first and draft Bridgewater in 2014

A 1st + change to trade for Sam Bradford in 2016.

And now he'd be giving up at least one 2nd rounder for Alex.

He technically doesn’t have anything because I’m pretty sure he has no QB under contract after this year.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-27-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13178409)

The stars are definitely aligning! And with Smith being the smartest eggbert to ever lace up a pair, he should have NO problem whatsoever mastering the playbook of lesser mortals.

It's time for Veach to make his bones.