ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ILB Gerald Hodges visiting Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306499)

-King- 09-03-2017 05:42 PM

Just got cut by the bills

chiefzilla1501 09-03-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12889207)
Yeah but they still would have run that 2-4-5 abortion which gives the opponent an edge in the ground game. It's obvious Sutton sacrifices rushing yards to limit the passing game...limiting points. It definitely works. Nobody would care if Bell gets 180 the team had ANY offense. It's obvious we commit to stopping the passing attack which is smart in today's NFL.

I don't have a problem with the 2-4-5. It works. But for as good of a team as Dorsey's built, how do we continue to start ILBs who can't even make other teams rosters? We always start 1 ILB who should be practice squad. Half of the time, we start 2 because dj has been hurt half of the time Suttons been there.

We need to stay consistently healthy on the DL. And we need 2 actual starters at ILB. it won't make is dominant on run D. But it will make us significantly better.

milkman 09-03-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13055565)
I don't have a problem with the 2-4-5. It works. But for as good of a team as Dorsey's built, how do we continue to start ILBs who can't even make other teams rosters? We always start 1 ILB who should be practice squad. Half of the time, we start 2 because dj has been hurt half of the time Suttons been there.

We need to stay consistently healthy on the DL. And we need 2 actual starters at ILB. it won't make is dominant on run D. But it will make us significantly better.

I think we have the best group of ILBs that we have had now than we've had in quite some time.

Direckshun 09-03-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13055532)
Just got cut by the bills

Heh. And we traded for his teammate.

God we could not be farther removed from NFL front offices.

Titty Meat 09-03-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13055605)
Heh. And we traded for his teammate.

God we could not be farther removed from NFL front offices.

Really? Some of us thought Hodges sucked you can't be too vocal though or the masses will attack. It's kind of like high school on here.

NJChiefsFan 09-03-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 13055793)
Really? Some of us thought Hodges sucked you can't be too vocal though or the masses will attack. It's kind of like high school on here.

Maybe it's because when you find a flaw with somebody you just say "they suck" with no substance?

Saying people suck constantly also sounds like high school.

Titty Meat 09-03-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13055805)
Maybe it's because when you find a flaw with somebody you just say "they suck" with no substance?

3 teams in a year and not signing with a team until June kind of speaks for itself.

NJChiefsFan 09-03-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter Libby (Post 13055849)
3 teams in a year and not signing with a team until June kind of speaks for itself.

I'm not saying there aren't times where "he sucks" applies. But it shouldn't be surprising that some people didn't think this "he sucks" comment was any different than the rest. Nelson for example.

Titty Meat 09-03-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13055925)
I'm not saying there aren't times where "he sucks" applies. But it shouldn't be surprising that some people didn't think this "he sucks" comment was any different than the rest. Nelson for example.

He sucks

RunKC 09-03-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13055805)

A lot of millenials are like that. Something/someone is either awful or awesome. No gray area.

chiefzilla1501 09-03-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 13055580)
I think we have the best group of ILBs that we have had now than we've had in quite some time.

I'll wait and see what we have. Maybe ramik has improved enough. But in the last, it's been lousy. Djs been solid when he's played. The other ilbs have been awful. I just think our run defense problems in the past are a lot more to do with talent than scheme. This year? We will see.

DaneMcCloud 09-03-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13056031)
I'll wait and see what we have. Maybe ramik has improved enough. But in the last, it's been lousy. Djs been solid when he's played. The other ilbs have been awful. I just think our run defense problems in the past are a lot more to do with talent than scheme. This year? We will see.

You're a ****ing clueless moron

mdchiefsfan 09-03-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13056031)

Certainly hasn't been injuries. Not at all. Christ!

jjchieffan 10-11-2017 08:14 AM

I guess this guy must not be that good. He signed with the Bills, then got cut at roster cutdowns. He has been a free agent until today. The Saints signed him this morning.