ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFF on our OL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285778)

Easy 6 10-28-2014 09:16 AM

We're managing to win with this mess, but I'm still looking forward to some serious upgrades next year.

TEX 10-28-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 11062206)
Who cares if our WRs catch anything? We are dominating TOP and winning. Keep it up.

That's the key. It only becomes an issue when Reid forgets that we have one of the best RB tandems in the league and goes pass-happy proving that our Wr's can't get open.

vailpass 10-28-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 11062206)
Who cares if our WRs catch anything? We are dominating TOP and winning. Keep it up.

Just don't fall behind...

jkw87 10-28-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11061597)
I really don't mind drafting a bunch of OL next year since we've got picks coming out of our assholes, but the OL problems are WAAAAYYY the **** overblown by this forum.

Look at tonight's game. You saw the most talented offensive line in the NFL give up 6 sacks against the ****ing Redskins. What does that say about Dallas's excellent offensive line? If any of you have a ****ing brain, it should say nothing. It's still a damn good offensive line with a lot of rich young talent that have the makings to be the best collective OL the league has seen since Vermeil's Chiefs.

Yet KC could have a similar game and what would be said? "OMG ****ING OL SUX DIK!!!"

McGlynn and Fulton suck cock, I get that. Fisher is still ****ing awful on 20% of his snaps that he takes. We should seek to get better talent next year at those positions in some way shape or form. Absolutely. But you have to judge an offensive line by what you see.

Alex Smith has had a lot of clean dropbacks since the Miami game. Jamaal Charles has had a lot of good holes to run through since then as well. As has Knile Davis. This offensive line is producing some good plays in addition to the couple of major drive-killing ****ups they have per game. And not all of those perceived ****ups are entirely their fault-- Alex is a QB who takes sacks sometimes. Some QBs are like that. Some offensive coordinators/OL coaches can't run the right stunts on certain plays against certain teams. That shit happens.

The point I'm trying to make is that once again, PFF doesn't tell the entire story, and for being a collective group of giant turds, our offensive line is playing pretty damn well.

So LEAVE THE CHIEFS OFFENSIVE LINE ALONE! :deevee:

I'd say it's more the line being young and the majority not playing together prior to this season. But yeah... This forum does overreact

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-28-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11061051)
Can't wait to go G at 1.19.

Draft moar fatties and build around "franchise" Smith!