ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***The Dee Ford Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283510)

jd1020 05-08-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 10613859)
Knile Davis. Look how that has turned out so far

How?

Fumbling every 23 touches and currently broken.

penbrook 05-08-2014 10:21 PM

Per Herbie Teope

Dorsey said Chiefs fielded calls from five to six teams surrounding potential trade partners.

notorious 05-08-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 10613866)
Per Herbie Teope

Dorsey said Chiefs fielded calls from five to six teams surrounding potential trade partners.

Oh ****.

This might make some people angry.....

penbrook 05-08-2014 10:22 PM

Dee Ford tells us he never had contact with the Chiefs throughout draft process. Said he's a big fan on Tamba Hali and Eric Berry.

htismaqe 05-08-2014 10:22 PM

Hali played DT in subs in college. He's very versatile. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them move him forward and slide Ford into his spot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 10613850)
Desmond Moses looked awful. Zombo can hold up as a drop/rush guy but doesn't put fear into anyone without houston or hali on the other side. Next up for depth at OLB is two UDFA's from last year are Josh Martin and Ridge Wilson. OLB was a huge need.

I was hoping like hell someone from Carolina all the way to the end of the first would move up and take Dennard, Lee or Benjamin, whoever, to get another pic.

Kony Ealy as has been mentioned would have been another solid pick. He's big enough where he isn't going to stand up and play OLB like Aldan Smith and there's 4-3 teams rumored about talking him adding weight to play DT. Could have spelled as an End in subs, rushed inside in subs in year one and be ready to start at DE in year 2 either at the 5 or 3tech. Wouldn't have been too pissed to see Ward taken here either.

I hope they can pick up a 3 or 4th rder for Flowers as I think it's his last year in KC the way things sound. Detroit would be a player I would think. Gunther lost his DC gig but was kept on as an adviser to the coaching staff and personnel dept if you can believe that lmao. He was here when he was drafted in 08.

Tamba being that big is interesting news. My only concern with him playing that heavy is 2 things. He's busted ass with the MMA workouts with the Gracies the past few offseason so I can't see that he would all of the sudden get lazy and show up out of shape. If it's to play him at End in the base that's really intriguing and I like the idea even though you worry about stopping the run.

Tjack leaving leaves a big hole at LE just with the size factor alone. They really don't have anyone that size except Catapano and he isn't making a big jump to starting. I like the walker signing. 35" arms but I don't think people realize he's really damn short. I see Devito over there and Walker at RE unless they try Hali at LE.

It's possible too they play Hali heavier at OLB and he's just added bulk to play 3tech in subs.

penbrook 05-08-2014 10:22 PM

Dorsey said Dee Ford will be a "fine addition to the locker room culture."

mcaj22 05-08-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 10613859)
Knile Davis. Look how that has turned out so far

is that sarcastic because reports are hes banged up so bad he might not even be ready to start the year lol. Travis Kelce and Sanders Commings were/are also injury prone.

Its not a bad thing, its just guys with good measureables that get hurt and leave you holding your dick with no depth

penbrook 05-08-2014 10:23 PM

OLB Dee Ford stresses he played in the SEC, can stop the run. Adds he's adding to "every aspect of my game."

Jerm 05-08-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 10613872)
Dorsey said Dee Ford will be a "fine addition to the locker room culture."

Was he a team captain?

-King- 05-08-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10613860)
Dude, you know I love you man but are you drunk or something? He's an inch shorter and 5-7 pounds lighter than Justin Houston. He was NEVER going to play DE. He's a pure 3-4 OLB. They listed him as a DE because Auburn played a base 40 front. He's going to play standing up on the outside, just like Hali and Houston.

I've only posted this like 50 times. Is it just not registering?

I think a mass PM has to be sent to every member saying that he'll play OLB not DE, cause I don't think people are actually reading the posts.

jd1020 05-08-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 10613866)
Per Herbie Teope

Too risky to trade back and miss out on Ford, potentially.

notorious 05-08-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10613878)
Was he a team captain?

/Pioli

Snapplez 05-08-2014 10:24 PM

Hope he's good

Discuss Thrower 05-08-2014 10:24 PM

http://i.imgur.com/IQii774.jpg

penbrook 05-08-2014 10:24 PM

Reid said Chiefs "identified him a while back," adding GM JOHN DORSEY felt strongly about Dee Ford.