ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Could this end up being a more disappointing offseason than 2009? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271051)

penbrook 03-14-2013 10:32 AM

Chiefs360@Chiefs360

Reports are saying that the "defensive player" who is still in Kansas City meeting with the#Chiefs , is Sean Smith.

Wait there still in a meeting?

Discuss Thrower 03-14-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9496813)
I like what they've done. They're essentially bringing in cheap mid-level guys to fill holes and are just going to attack the draft and pluck out the best prospects they can in each round.

This is how teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, and Packers have been built. While I think everyone knows that this isn't going to yield an 11-5 season in year 1, it's hopefully setting up this organization to be great in the next 3-4 years and on.

Except.. you know... the chiefs don't have a quarterback that would start for 30 other teams in the league.

mcaj22 03-14-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9496813)
I like what they've done. They're essentially bringing in cheap mid-level guys to fill holes and are just going to attack the draft and pluck out the best prospects they can in each round.

This is how teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, and Packers have been built. While I think everyone knows that this isn't going to yield an 11-5 season in year 1, it's hopefully setting up this organization to be great in the next 3-4 years and on.

"year 1"

a rebuilding year of what was suppose to be a 4 year rebuild the last four years from the Herm regime

so essentially an 8 year rebuild. Only the Chiefs can rebuild of a rebuild, with the ****ing 1st rebuild regime's foundation players nonetheless.

Rausch 03-14-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9497150)
"year 1"

a rebuilding year of what was suppose to be a 4 year rebuild the last four years from the Herm regime

so essentially an 8 year rebuild. Only the Chiefs can rebuild of a rebuild, with the ****ing 1st rebuild regime's foundation players nonetheless.

This was the only reason I pimped Herm. He was a huge influence on the draft philosopy ever since he was in KC the first time.

He knows talent. He's an excellent evaluator of talent.

Problem is he's a horribly inept HC...

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-14-2013 04:11 PM

I wouldn't let him coach it, but I'd let Herm build my team in a New York ****ing minute.
Posted via Mobile Device

RyFo18 03-14-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9497150)
"year 1"

I think the roster is already filled with solid talent and with coaches that actually have a clue, they'll be competitive this year. All I'm saying is that hopefully they can finally get to a point where they're just practically breeding talent year in and year out through the draft. Re-sign our big name free agents who are leaving? Who cares. We have a guy waiting in the wings to take over for him.