ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

Priest31kc 01-20-2013 01:47 PM

Sent a tweet to Evan Silva saying I would love to see Dorsey go after Jennings & re-sign Bowe to give Geno some serious weapons to work with.

He direct messaged me this after:

no chance they draft geno, brent. guaranteed they won't

I cant DM him back because he doesnt follow me.

keg in kc 01-20-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9334582)
And to the Geno crowd, I like the kid. I'm just terrified that this guy is Brandon Weeden part deux. They are very similar. Both had huge stats their last 2 years, insane accuracy, played in a simplified spread offense, were said to be mature, had an amazing WR to throw to.

As other's have mentioned, you left out the part about Weeden being drafted at 22 despite being 29 years old. Wonder where he might have gone if he was 22 years old on draft day.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9335318)
Sent a tweet to Evan Silva saying I would love to see Dorsey go after Jennings & re-sign Bowe to give Geno some serious weapons to work with.

I really wouldn't get my hopes up for Geno [Wilson in my case].

I think the reality is to start analyzing and rooting for those 2nd/3rd rnd prospects. That said, Bray is my reality as of now. Wilson/Geno are my wet dreams.

Three7s 01-20-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9335371)

I think the reality is to start analyzing and rooting for those 2nd/3rd rnd prospects. That said, Bray is my reality as of now. Wilson/Geno are my wet dreams.

And if they don't, it will be Miami drafting Jake Long all over again. I hope people don't start getting season tickets until after the draft.

keg in kc 01-20-2013 02:10 PM

If they don't draft one at 1 (and as much as I hope they do, I don't expect they will), I don't think they'll take one at 34, either.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9335378)
And if they don't, it will be Miami drafting Jake Long all over again. I hope people don't start getting season tickets until after the draft.

I don't think you can judge this regime off of one pick...you have to give them a couple of seasons to see WHO they missed on and how the prospects they picked [say instead of Geno] compare to those relative misses...

If [when] we don't draft a QB with the #1 overall...I'm not going to freak.

I will freak if we are still looking for a franchise QB in a couple of years and Smith/Wilson are making runs in the playoffs.

-King- 01-20-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Ask him through a tweet.

...and save that DM. Will be useful when we do draft Geno :)

Tribal Warfare 01-20-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9335371)

If that happens then they must really trust him to straighten up, and become a Marino like steal.

RunKC 01-20-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9334655)
hey, ComoKC, I've posted 100000000 times about geno in this thread....what teh **** more can I say about him? Read the thread, you lazy piece of shit

the only question anyone has is why you've made this thread "RunKC's Emo How I Feel Today About QBs I've Never Watched Play Thread"?

we've had to listen to you explain how Geno was just an illiterate share cropper ("I've got secret evidence!") who only throws passes to one WR, the WR he stares at in the huddle, as they line up, during the play, as he walks off the field, and as he sits on the bench (even as play continues)...

then, through the power of youtube and espn stats, Geno became Eric Crouch, then Tim Couch, then Brandon Weedon, and next Tito Puente...

it's cool you 'do research' on QBs with a split-screen of Spankwire while listening to Silverchair...but not really..just cut it out

And yet no explanation of why you like him. or anything. You're a bigger whiner than my girlfriends mother. Sheesh.

RunKC 01-20-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9334744)
Weeden was an immobile, 28 year old former pro baseball player with an okay arm.

The only comparison that Geno and Weeden have is that they had good accuracy. Geno has better pocket awareness and athleticism. Weeden was more Bledsoe than anything - without the arm. Hell, I'd say Weeden was substantially less mobile than that. Accurate on short crossing patterns, but he rarely went over the top of the defense. And if he was forced to move out of the pocket, his accuracy took a huge hit. Geno excels at throwing on the move. Deep. Comparing Geno to Weeden is, for lack of a better word, ignorant. They are not even remotely close to being similar.

Look dude...I know that you don't want Geno because some dipshit with a camera at the Texas game thought he saw Geno "flash" a gang sign after celebrating the win on the road over UT.

I gotta tell you, that doesn't mean jack squat.

If you want to keep coming in here and trying to discredit Geno, and subsequently getting clowned for it by 158 different guys who can see the excellent traits and attributes that Geno has, then go right ahead. However, you are not going to convince a single person with a modicum of intelligence that he isn't the best QB in this draft and that the Chiefs shouldn't take him. Especially in this thread.

I mean, if you want to go to some reerun board with reerun fans and post reerun shit, I'm sure that someone would be willing to listen to your trade down and draft Manti Te'o or Luke Joeckel and get a QB in round two so the Chiefs can continue to be a bunch of losers bullshit, but it ain't here.

I know. He's better than RG3. That's your narrative and it won't change.

ChiefsCountry 01-20-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

e direct messaged me this after:

Its because we are drafting Matt Barkley. :)

fairladyZ 01-20-2013 02:47 PM

from another member from the KC area on another forum, i'm just posting it up in here, take it for what it's worth.

Quote:

Jake spavitol who was the QB coach at W Virginia and is currently on the staff at Texas A and M in the same roll. Spavitol went to Missouri state but was a qb for union high school in Oklahoma and won 3 st championships and was injured. Anyhow he's at a party I am at and we are talking football. HE WAS GENO'S QB COACH FOR 2 YEARS! EXACT WORDS ARE GENO IS A PUNK! HE THINKS MORE OF HIMSELF THAN ANYONE HE HAS EVER COME ACROSS! Said if he was such a punk he'd be elite! But his attitude is terrible. Jake spavitol! Google it!

Priest31kc 01-20-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9335418)
Ask him through a tweet.

...and save that DM. Will be useful when we do draft Geno :)

I asked him how he's so certain & why won't we draft him....He hasn't responded.

Molitoth 01-20-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9335537)
from another member from the KC area on another forum, i'm just posting it up in here, take it for what it's worth.

1) 50/50 chance its bullshit
2) I don't care how "punk" Geno is, if he can come in and win games. Are you looking for the "Right 53" locker room leaders still? I'm looking for T A L E N T E D guys who don't suck ass.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9335537)

I dont see that at all...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E9MdPFFx0k0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>