ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs New York Post NFL writer on Clark - "Didn’t strike me as the sharpest guy around." (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267365)

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182840)
I like to see things like this. thanks for posting it.

It still doesnt change the fact that if Clark truly had a passion for football or the chiefs he wouldn't of went to southern millionaires university for 7 years or went and got a financial job after college for 10 years.

You truly are an idiot for thinking that.

ChiTown 12-05-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182840)
I like to see things like this. thanks for posting it.

It still doesnt change the fact that if Clark truly had a passion for football or the chiefs he wouldn't of went to southern millionaires university for 7 years or went and got a financial job after college for 10 years.

:spock:

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9182846)
You truly are an idiot for thinking that.

if someone has a true passion for something, they dont go do the exact opposite for 10 years do they?

PunkinDrublic 12-05-2012 01:55 PM

After listening to this guy defend what he said on 610 I wasn't too impressed with this writers intelligence. He was given a softball interview and he still stammered his way through it.

ChiefsCountry 12-05-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182851)
if someone has a true passion for something, they dont go do the exact opposite for 10 years do they?

You mean he went out and learned more about other businesses the family is involved in as well. That he has to run as well. Chiefs are just part of the puzzle. They have a venture capital company, real estate company, other sports franchises, and other businesses. But just keep thinking its all about football.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9182867)
You mean he went out and learned more about other businesses the family is involved in as well. That he has to run as well. Chiefs are just part of the puzzle. They have a venture capital company, real estate company, other sports franchises, and other businesses. But just keep thinking its all about football.

I bet if it was all about football we wouldn't be 2 & 10 right now.

Pioli will be here next year because Clark cares about business more than the Chiefs. Quinn will start for us, we'll draft some bullshit with our first pick. Landry jones with our second to back quinn up and we'll continue to be one big LOL

T-post Tom 12-05-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9180177)
I know that movie!

Nick Rivers: Listen to me, Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island, who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground.

Hillary Flammond: I know. It all sounds like some bad movie.

[Long pause. Both look at camera]

unlurking 12-05-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182883)

Pioli will be here next year because Clark cares about business more than the Chiefs. Quinn will start for us, we'll draft some bullshit with our first pick. Landry jones with our second to back quinn up and we'll continue to be one big LOL

Out of curiosity, how many owners have no other businesses besides their football teams?

DaneMcCloud 12-05-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9182883)

Right. Because never in the history of the league has an owner that's involved on a day to day basis not had continual success.

The fans would like to give a special thanks Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, Mike Brown, Dean Spanos and Woody Johnson for their daily involvement.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9183001)
Right. Because never in the history of the league has an owner that's involved on a day to day basis not had continual success.

The fans would like to give a special thanks Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, Mike Brown, Dean Spanos and Woody Johnson for their daily involvement.

all those owners see the value of a qb

Mr. Flopnuts 12-05-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9180993)
You still aren't making sense. You seem to think you can predict the political affiliation based on somebody's opinion of how kids born with silver-spoons in their mouths turn out. It's just not true Mr. Flopnuts. Go no further that the contry club and you'll find a house divided between those who worked their way into the club and those who got in on daddy's family membership (and daddy died 15 years ago).

So I don't begrudge Lamar for making well for his family, not at all. I'm still thinking the smartest thing he did was give his family business where you can fail epically and the profits still increase substantially year after year.

It's all good..

I WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE A JOKE!!! GOSH!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-05-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9180103)
Well if he retains Pioli and Crennel for next year I think we will have all the proof we need.

The Bottom Line.

saphojunkie 12-05-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9183000)
Out of curiosity, how many owners have no other businesses besides their football teams?

None of them.

munkey 12-05-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9181051)
1. Playing soccer his whole life shows that he never had a deep passion for football. which means he really does not have a deep down passion for the chiefs.
2. Youre missing the biggest part of the equation. Your daddy didnt own the Chiefs.
3. I somewhat agree with this but the fact is is that he had someone of a passion for this team and really truly wanted to win, he would not hire someone and sit back and not be involved. He would be at the very least a some what involved owner, which to the community's eyes, he is not.

Lamar loved soccer you ****ing assclown...Clark didn't start it...if anything he's been working on keeping it alive...go kill yourself...

DaneMcCloud 12-05-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9183134)
all those owners see the value of a qb

LMAO