ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Mad Men (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231096)

Discuss Thrower 04-30-2012 08:48 PM

I just started watching the series on Netflix, just got done with "Six guys walk into an ad agency..." Jesus Christ that was interesting.

Pushead2 04-30-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8582331)
Fool.

and?

DJ's left nut 05-01-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8584222)
I just started watching the series on Netflix, just got done with "Six guys walk into an ad agency..." Jesus Christ that was interesting.

Should just be "Guy walks into an ad agency"

It's a play off the dude's name...and the fact that he didn't so much walk out of the Ad agency. One of the better episodes.

"Shut the door, have a seat" is the best episode to date, IMO. You're getting closer.

Discuss Thrower 05-01-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8585111)
Should just be "Guy walks into an ad agency"

It's a play off the dude's name...and the fact that he didn't so much walk out of the Ad agency. One of the better episodes.

"Shut the door, have a seat" is the best episode to date, IMO. You're getting closer.

I know I bollocksed the title, but it's awesome how dark the humor of the show is.

Discuss Thrower 05-01-2012 04:53 PM

Okay, that last scene with Pryce and Saint John was ****ing awesome.

BigRedChief 05-01-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 8586135)
Okay, that last scene with Pryce and Saint John was ****ing awesome.

That scene when they were all at the table, staring out blankly, all absorbed in their own thoughts for their own personal reasons was ****ing awesome.

Discuss Thrower 05-01-2012 10:29 PM

The Chrysanthemum and the Sword.. damn, great ep. Betty is an evil bitch, Sally is going to be one screwed up adult (well played AMC for setting themselves up for a riveting spin off series) and Roger, whom is one of my more favorite characters, made himself look like a prick, though I empathize because I have a living great-grandfather that still does not like the Japanese and he didn't even fight in the pacific theater.

Oh and where can I find me a Joan Holloway... or Megan? Zou bisou bisou marthafockers.

EDIT: The Suitcase... ohh man, that shit ain't right at all. Not ****ing right at all.

Pushead2 05-06-2012 11:15 PM

What y'all think?

It was a good "gets you thinking" episode.

OnTheWarpath15 05-15-2012 09:45 AM

No comments on Sunday's episode?

Found it humorous that the focus of an episode airing on Mother's Day was the worst mother in the world, Tubby Betty Draper.

jiveturkey 05-15-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8616587)
No comments on Sunday's episode?

Found it humorous that the focus of an episode airing on Mother's Day was the worst mother in the world, Tubby Betty Draper.

Roger has been pretty damn funny in most episodes this season.

I also love how everyone is manipulating someone. Sally is a devious little lady.

OnTheWarpath15 05-15-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 8616653)
Roger has been pretty damn funny in most episodes this season.

I also love how everyone is manipulating someone. Sally is a devious little lady.

Roger has easily been my favorite character this season.

How Jewish are they? Fiddler on the Roof - cast or audience?

Who knows why people in history did good things? For all we know, Jesus was trying to get the loaves and fishes account.

Baked beans and The Rolling Stones: A client’s idea if I ever saw one.

Demonpenz 05-15-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8617046)
Roger has easily been my favorite character this season.

How Jewish are they? Fiddler on the Roof - cast or audience?

Who knows why people in history did good things? For all we know, Jesus was trying to get the loaves and fishes account.

Baked beans and The Rolling Stones: A client’s idea if I ever saw one.

I could tell the fidler on the roof line was supposed to be awesome. Don't know enough about it though.

Buck 05-15-2012 03:58 PM

One comment Roger made made me think that if anyone dies, it might be Bert Cooper.

He called the firm Sterling, Campbell, Draper, Price. That could be some good foreshadowing.

mikeyis4dcats. 05-16-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8617431)
One comment Roger made made me think that if anyone dies, it might be Bert Cooper.

He called the firm Sterling, Campbell, Draper, Price. That could be some good foreshadowing.

he's just poking at Cooper who does nothing but sit on the couch barefoot.

DJ's left nut 05-16-2012 04:35 PM

"I feel bad for you"

"I don't think about you at all"

{door closes}

That was vintage Draper. It sucks that it was Ginsberg he had to slap down (who is really really good), but it kinda reminded you of the days when he had to give Campbell a daily bitch-slap.