ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

Al Bundy 08-27-2012 04:42 PM

Will they make this for PS2?

QuikSsurfer 08-27-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8857499)
Will they make this for PS2?

No. Last year was the last Madden for PS2. Time to buy a new system.

Kyle DeLexus 08-27-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8857200)
I'm a double TE motion offtackle running kinda guy.

Avg 6-7 yds a carry with it and dominate online w/ it.

Control the clock and don't let the other team score.

I play Herm Edwards football online LMAO.

RRPP to the core.

Messier 08-27-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8856970)
Does anyone else not give a flying shit about "superstar mode" or whatever? I never have. I just want to play as my team and progress that team through several seasons.

Use to love to make a team of all my friends in the franchise mode, but that was back when you could get fairly detailed on a players appearance when creating a player. They don't have many options anymore.

Al Bundy 08-27-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8857607)
No. Last year was the last Madden for PS2. Time to buy a new system.

Or in my case, quit buying Madden lol. I don't play games nearly enough to buy a PS3.

lcarus 08-27-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8857687)
Or in my case, quit buying Madden lol. I don't play games nearly enough to buy a PS3.

You could pick up a ps3 for pretty cheap now i think. Its a great dvd/blu-ray player. Maybe you could play games a bit more if yougot one. Even if its just Madden and something else like a shooter or Red Dead.

lcarus 08-27-2012 07:22 PM

So I'm starting my "coaching career" aka franchise mode, and I don't know if I like it. First off, I played an exhibition against Oakland on all pro and beat them 45-3. So **** you Raiders! Anyway, I don't really want my career to be as ****in Romeo Crennel. I just want to be the owner of the Kansas City ****ing Chiefs ya know? I also am not sure about this using experience points to upgrade my players. You can upgrade everything from clutch ability to speed. Speed should be something you can't really touch unless it's a player edit thing for someone u feel got robbed by the ratings dept imo. I don't know. We'll see how it goes. So far though, I kinda like the old "owner mode" from the past better.

As far as the gameplay itself, I think it's an improvement over every Madden this gen. I guess that's more important than anything, though franchise mode is kind of sacred to me personally. I've never had an issue with the way it was before, aside from last years reeruned free agency timer shit. That was awful.

Al Bundy 08-27-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8857710)
You could pick up a ps3 for pretty cheap now i think. Its a great dvd/blu-ray player. Maybe you could play games a bit more if yougot one. Even if its just Madden and something else like a shooter or Red Dead.

Eventually... when it drops to a reasonable (for me) price.

Kyle DeLexus 08-27-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8857943)
So I'm starting my "coaching career" aka franchise mode, and I don't know if I like it. First off, I played an exhibition against Oakland on all pro and beat them 45-3. So **** you Raiders! Anyway, I don't really want my career to be as ****in Romeo Crennel. I just want to be the owner of the Kansas City ****ing Chiefs ya know? I also am not sure about this using experience points to upgrade my players. You can upgrade everything from clutch ability to speed. Speed should be something you can't really touch unless it's a player edit thing for someone u feel got robbed by the ratings dept imo. I don't know. We'll see how it goes. So far though, I kinda like the old "owner mode" from the past better.

As far as the gameplay itself, I think it's an improvement over every Madden this gen. I guess that's more important than anything, though franchise mode is kind of sacred to me personally. I've never had an issue with the way it was before, aside from last years reeruned free agency timer shit. That was awful.

Just about everything they added last year was awful.

Try trading your first round pick for a shitty teams first round pick. if they didn't fix that, they didn't fix anything.

lcarus 08-27-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8858201)
Just about everything they added last year was awful.

Try trading your first round pick for a shitty teams first round pick. if they didn't fix that, they didn't fix anything.

LMAO I did that. Traded every pick every year for Oaklands picks.

The dumbest part of the game so far this year is having to listen to Phil Simms tell me before every game that "Cassel has a strong arm and can make ALL the throws!". LMAO Really Phil?!

Aspengc8 08-28-2012 06:59 AM

I see EA still doesn't understand real physics. I'm getting outside with Hillis and 180lb DB's are standing him up. Blockers also wandering around 50% of the time on counter plays if there isn't someone directly in front of them to block. Go up field you dumb shit.

Dayze 08-28-2012 08:52 AM

so is the game a turd?
I haven't played Madden in a while; I think the last time I played it at any length was in like 2008 or thereabouts.

jd1020 08-28-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8858847)
so is the game a turd?
I haven't played Madden in a while; I think the last time I played it at any length was in like 2008 or thereabouts.

The demo is a turd. Supposedly the actual game is more polished. Up to you to decide if you are willing to spend $60+tax to find out.

jd1020 08-28-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8858478)
LMAO I did that. Traded every pick every year for Oaklands picks.

The dumbest part of the game so far this year is having to listen to Phil Simms tell me before every game that "Cassel has a strong arm and can make ALL the throws!". LMAO Really Phil?!

I hate listening to Simms' commentary. He's worse than Madden. He'll start saying something and then end with "... and that why ... uh ... uh .... the pass was incomplete." One time in the demo the other team was in hurry up mode. They lined up to spike the ball to stop the clock and Simms starts rambling about how the receiver ran a great route but it was a terrible pass...

Dayze 08-28-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8858891)
The demo is a turd. Supposedly the actual game is more polished. Up to you to decide if you are willing to spend $60+tax to find out.

:hmmm: