ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***The Official MMA Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230465)

Bane 09-25-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7036370)
I might kill myself after last night and tonight.

Also. If you guys want an HD stream that doesnt get taken down ever, Xmeforums.com works amazing, I've been using it for a long time. Its $3.50 for a 24 hour pass, and $10.00 for a month pass. They show ALL MMA events in HD, as well as tons of other sports.

Rep

Shogun 09-25-2010 11:19 PM

I fully plan on hanging myself with cheese wire and gorilla glue. Put the pieces together and It looks like I pulled off my ****ing head.

Al Bundy 09-25-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinSmurf (Post 7036336)
That last fight seemed fixed.

That is what ruined boxing... well that and getting your brains beat in. I kinda wonder what all these MMA guys are going to look/act like in 5 years.

Shogun 09-25-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFGoldenKnight (Post 7036381)
That is what ruined boxing... well that and getting your brains beat in. I kinda wonder what all these MMA guys are going to look/act like in 5 years.

Just look at the Nogeuria brothers in 2003, and then look at them now. Perfect example. Also the same with Wandelei Silva. He had to have facial reconstruction surgery because of all of the scar tissue. All of those wars add up.

Al Bundy 09-25-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 7036389)
Just look at the Nogeuria brothers in 2003, and then look at them now. Perfect example. Also the same with Wandelei Silva. He had to have facial reconstruction surgery because of all of the scar tissue. All of those wars add up.

I wonder if they will end up like a lot of boxers and if they will suffer from dementia at a higher rate.

Shogun 09-25-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFGoldenKnight (Post 7036398)
I wonder if they will end up like a lot of boxers and if they will suffer from dementia at a higher rate.

Too early to tell. Well, sort of. I did an interview for my website with Tank Abbot recently where he was acting all loopy and didn't know what was going on. We we're sure if he was just permanently ****ed in the head or if he was extremely drunk. Ken Shamrock is also a great example of taking too many dangerous blows to the head. Guy is a legend, so much of that effects their judgement and decision making abilities. It really wouldn't surprise me if in 20-30 years some of the hardcore vets end up with dementia. I know a lot of the original Pankration/Valetudo/Lutalivre guys because of the bare knuckle have some really ****ed up things wrong with them.

TrickyNicky 09-26-2010 12:13 AM

No matter what, getting punched in the face for a living isn't going to do you any favors in the brain health department.

mdchiefsfan 09-26-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 7036471)
No matter what, getting punched in the face for a living isn't going to do you any favors in the brain health department.

can't argue here

ArrowheadHawk 09-27-2010 08:32 AM

That card sucked.

raybec 4 09-27-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 7042883)
That card sucked.

That was one of the worst shows of the year, the next one is free on Spike and then we get Velasquez v Lesnar.

Duck Dog 09-27-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 6868539)
I can't decide anymore what is more white trash. Nascar or MMA? MMA is getting close, but the fact there are actually black people in it seems to help it stay out of the abyss.

dumb ass

raybec 4 10-04-2010 03:55 PM

Three weekends in a row with top level shows, Diaz V Noons will be a good overall card, and then two UFC shows in a row, I'd say it's a good few weeks for MMA.

raybec 4 10-06-2010 07:45 AM

UFC announced Jon Jones Vs Ryan Bader on New Years, that will be a hell of a fight! I think this will be the real test for both of them, whoever wins it will get Shogun next.

Sfeihc 10-06-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 7065208)
UFC announced Jon Jones Vs Ryan Bader on New Years, that will be a hell of a fight! I think this will be the real test for both of them, whoever wins it will get Shogun next.

Yahoo has them fighting on Super Bowl weekend and what about Rashard getting Shogun?

I think a more likely scenario is the Bader/Jones winner fighting the winner of Dragon/Rampage with the winner of that fight getting a shot at the winner of Evans/Rua.

raybec 4 10-09-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 7065222)
Yahoo has them fighting on Super Bowl weekend and what about Rashard getting Shogun?

I think a more likely scenario is the Bader/Jones winner fighting the winner of Dragon/Rampage with the winner of that fight getting a shot at the winner of Evans/Rua.

Very well could be how it goes, I think it's all just amatter of time until Jon Jones has the strap.