ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody still think Haley shouldn't have been fired? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266565)

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9117536)
Haley was perceived as a bad gameday coach because...he was a bad gameday coach.

This is being romanticized just a bit much.

A bit would be a massive understatement.

Like the size of Jupiter.

keg in kc 11-14-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117548)
He still has a lot to learn. No question and the same can be said about EVERY play caller in the NFL.

But, I dont think its fair to judge him on his time with such a limited passer as Matt Cassel.

That's the kind of mindset that leads to discussions with stuff like "it's not fair to judge Cassel until his line is better". I hope someday we as a fanbase can move away from that kind of stuff. We're so predisposed to settle.

BossChief 11-14-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9117542)
We won 2 of 3 last year as a response to the Haley-hate.

That alone fueled this team to care.

The fail that followed was due to losing talent, adding questionable (at best) talent, and following up fail at coach with fail at coach...

The team got a shot of energy from having a quarterback under center that could play the position effectively and because they didnt have to worry about big bad Haley.

Not because Romeo was some miracle worker.

Even Romeo said that more than once.

FTR, I think that type of new found energy will be realized again if we draft a kid like Geno Smith or Matt Barkley...both are better than Kyle Orton.

BossChief 11-14-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9117549)
They won 2 out of 3 because of a more competent QB.

Anyone that thinks that had anything to do with Crennel is drinking the Kool aid.

:clap:

BossChief 11-14-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9117553)
That's the kind of mindset that leads to discussions with stuff like "it's not fair to judge Cassel until his line is better". I hope someday we as a fanbase can move away from that kind of stuff. We're so predisposed to settle.

How do you think this team would have played in 2011 if we had signed a guy like Hasselbback or drafted a guy like Dalton to take over for Cassel when he got hurt?

Do you think Haley would have still gotten fired?

Of course not.

The guy made chicken salad out of chicken shit in 2010 and you can only hide a turn for so long before people start asking why it stinks.

keg in kc 11-14-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117565)
How do you think this team would have played in 2011 if we had signed a guy like Hasselbback or drafted a guy like Dalton to take over for Cassel when he got hurt?

Do you think Haley would have still gotten fired?

I think the results would have been virtually the same. I think Haley was more a part of the problem than he was a victim of circumstance. I think 2010 was an aberration for him as much as it was for Cassel. And I think things have gotten so bad right now that it's easy to take a rosy view of a time that really wasn't very good in its own right.

I also think there are many more issues behind the scenes than just Haley or just Cassel. We're oversimplifying what I think amounts to a pretty complex failure.

Sorter 11-14-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

What's really sad is that through watching/hearing about Haselbeck's relationship w/ Locker and what a wonderful mentor he's been for him, I realize we could have had that. Hasselbeck could have made Dalton even better than he is now.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9117549)
They won 2 out of 3 because of a more competent QB.

Anyone that thinks that had anything to do with Crennel is drinking the Kool aid.

But if Haley was solely responsible for Cassel's breakout year in 2010, what went wrong in 2011?

If he was so great and commanded so much respect, why did the defense give up 41 and 45 points to start the season?

I'm not trying to hammer you personally but Todd Haley was a ****ing joke.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

When your team gives up 41 and 48 to start the season, it doesn't matter who is playing quarterback

Sorter 11-14-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117577)
When your team gives up 41 and 48 to start the season, it doesn't matter who is playing quarterback

Ehh, IDK. Our D struggles when our O fails to put together long drives, even if they don't put up points. Defenses typically can't be expected to be left on the field the entire game.

I think that with Hasselbeck, this team doesn't give up 41 or 48 to start the season. Probably still lose but it is entirely speculation.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117579)
Ehh, IDK. Our D struggles when our O fails to put together long drives, even if they don't put up points. Defenses typically can't be expected to be left on the field the entire game.

I think that with Hasselbeck, this team doesn't give up 41 or 48 to start the season. Probably still lose but it is entirely speculation.

Haley, the Great Motivator, had this team so flat the first two weeks that Peyton Manning would have been bummed out and underperformed.

This shit about Haley is nothing more than a ****ing myth.

NJChiefsFan 11-14-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117579)

Yeah I am not sure you can assume that if the offense was doing something that the D plays like that. Lets not forget that some of the points and drives that drove the scores up came from turnovers or horrible field position.

Kyle Orton was a huge reason that the team picked up at the end of last year. At the very least you need to mention him. You can't just say well the team played better after Haley so obviously the team responded to his departure.

Sorter 11-14-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117583)
Haley, the Great Motivator, had this team so flat the first two weeks that Peyton Manning would have been bummed out and underperformed.

This shit about Haley is nothing more than a ****ing myth.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pWdd6_ZxX8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorter 11-14-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9117585)
Yeah I am not sure you can assume that if the offense was doing something that the D plays like that. Lets not forget that some of the points and drives that drove the scores up came from turnovers or horrible field position.

Kyle Orton was a huge reason that the team picked up at the end of last year. At the very least you need to mention him. You can't just say well the team played better after Haley so obviously the team responded to his departure.

Wut

NJChiefsFan 11-14-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117588)
Wut

The second paragraph was directed at others, not you. Basically, I was trying to say "ditto" in response to your previous post.