ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs DeSean Jackson Is Officially A Redskin (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282722)

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10535780)
I don't think he is a good leader at this point.

We blew some big leads this year.

That doesn't typically happen when you have a great leader at safety.

A pretty unfair thing to pin on Berry.

BossChief 04-02-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10535791)
You continue to blast your stupid all over this place.

Are you implying Bernard Pollard and Eric Berry are similar players? Barry ****ing Church?

This is why you arent taken seriously.

Its not all about numbers. Watch the ****ing games and see whats going on.

That wasnt a bad post, man.

Eric Berry has been a tweener linebacker/safety since Kiffen ****ed up his career at Tennessee.

I just wish Andy Reid and Bob Sutton would be FORCED to ONLY watch Eric Berrys tape from his freshman and sophomore years at Tennessee,,when he was a GAMEBREAKING playmaker.

If Berry is gonna earn a mega deal like Byrd, he needs to impact games by forcing turnovers.

BossChief 04-02-2014 07:39 PM

I think that Eric Berry can be this defenses Brian Dawkins.

I also think Brian Dawkins was the heart and soul of those great Philly defenses.

Marcellus 04-02-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10535792)
That's foolish, Marcellus.

You just don't like fans that are critical of the organization.

That's foolish. You probably believe I was on board with the Fisher pick.
Hell I was one of the first contributors to SOC.

I was more or less 100% spot on all of last off season and season.

Because I dont whine and cry every time what I want to happen doesn't happen doesn't make me non subjective.

I will tell you this, there are a bunch of whiny bitches on CP the last few years and their response to anyone who isn't is "you are a homer".

Its hilarious and very quickly points out the fools.

This place is in panic right now over jack and shit. I think most of the people enjoy the negative.

BossChief 04-02-2014 07:43 PM

In his freshman and sophomore years at Tennesee, Berry had 12 interceptions that he returned for a total of 487 yards and 3 scores.

That's the potential Bob Sutton is paid to unlock...not the 2 interception per year guy he has been ever since Kiffen got ahold of him.

The Bad Guy 04-02-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 10535772)
Also undervalued about Berry is that he is a leader. Was respected by day 1. You can't teach that

The most overrated aspect of sports.

Leader where?

O.city 04-02-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10535784)
You are the wishy washiest poster here going back and forth all the time.

You make Clay look like he is concrete.

Don't get me wrong you seem like a nice guy but balls do not seem to be your forte.

Wishy washy about what? That I don't agree with everything the chiefs front office does?

O.city 04-02-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10535804)
That's foolish. You probably believe I was on board with the Fisher pick.
Hell I was one of the first contributors to SOC.

I was more or less 100% spot on all of last off season and season.

Because I dont whine and cry every time what I want to happen doesn't happen doesn't make me non subjective.

I will tell you this, there are a bunch of whiny bitches on CP the last few years and their response to anyone who isn't is "you are a homer".

Its hilarious and very quickly points out the fools.

This place is in panic right now over jack and shit. I think most of the people enjoy the negative.

Because your offseason predictions are the same every year.

SeeingRed 04-02-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10535828)

Leader where?

you mean the most UNDERRATED aspect of sports.....true leaders are born. Either someone is a leader or they are not. Berry IS a leader. Football is like war...and an Army of Sheep led by a Lion would defeat and army of Lion led by a Sheep...and if you doubt that then you don't really understand what goes on. :shake: you think the Ravens would've won the last SuperBowl without Ray Lewis? Or Seattle this year without Sherman or Russell Wilson? :shake: NO way!....and NOT just because of their play...it goes much deeper than that. Berry is the leader of the KC defense.....and if you don't believe me then ask the guys who actually play on the team and they will tell you the same thing.

Iconic 04-02-2014 08:38 PM

If anything WE'VE ruined Berry. We asked him to get thicker and play near the line of scrimmage and now he's turned into a hybrid Polamalu. Our shitty coaching staff is hell bent on having an extra linebacker on the field... IMO Berry will never reach his full potential here.

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10535828)

Leader where?

In this case, it makes sense. One of the reasons you ask your safety to play closer is he does a lot of the quarterbacking for the defense. You need a smart guy who is a film room rat, and I think I've heard berry does that. Let's keep in mind that berry probably had one of the biggest adjustments last year. The Ryan defense is hard enough to learn, let alone learning to be a different player. I think berry will be a very different player in year 2.

New World Order 04-03-2014 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10535791)
You continue to blast your stupid all over this place.

Are you implying Bernard Pollard and Eric Berry are similar players? Barry ****ing Church?

This is why you arent taken seriously.

Its not all about numbers. Watch the ****ing games and see whats going on.

Would rather have Jackson than Berry. That year he was hurt our defense was near top 10. We haven't had a better year on defense than when Eric Berry was hurt.

mcaj22 04-03-2014 03:53 AM

Eric Berry is our answer for lacking and drafting an athletic 3 down ILBer to keep on the field at all downs. So basically our version of Narvarro Bowman. Eric Berry has to make up for not only shitters like Akeem Jordan and Joe Mays not being able to cover any TE or HB but as well as any terrible backend safeties trying to play cover 1 zone.

It's a tall task for Eric Berry basically having to play with like 3 players on the defense that are good at what they do. And I think Eric Berry is asked to do wayyyyy too much out there and sometimes that kills us, because he's trying too hard for all the other bad players mistakes. When he should just be ballhawk Eric Berry, ala his rookie year.

Same could be said for Dontari Poe on the front 7 who they run into the ground until his legs melt.

jonzie04 04-03-2014 04:06 AM

wow, I can't believe all the berry hate... he is without a doubt one of the best SS's in the league. he probably is over paid for what he's asked to do...no safety is worth 11 mill a year in my opinion... but lets not ignore the stats. berry lead the league in sacks for all db's this year, and had the same amount of TFL's as fawkin tamba hali. i know we all earn for that single high safety that is missing in suttons system, but lets not take what we have for granted. berry's a force in the run game, and completely obliterated every other DB in the league this season when it comes to plays at the line, even chancellor. he made more takles behind the line than Patrick willis lol.

jspchief 04-03-2014 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 10535769)
How can you compare Berry to Byrd when they play different positions and are asked to do different things? Your FS should generate more turnovers. Berry is probably the 2nd best SS in the game, and might be #1 if Kam wasn't in the perfect system. The only safety I would even think about trading straight up for is Earl Thomas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10535770)
It's hard to quantify or compare, because a lot of Byrds turnovers were simply from playing centerfield, a position we don't have berry in or hadn't until later in th year.

This x2.

Comparing turnovers is a bogus point.