ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Spider Man 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266112)

Valiant 05-03-2014 09:58 PM

After seeing it, it was good summer comic movie. I agree with the 7/10 scale.

Couple parts bugged me, but I get that every movie.

The only extra villain that bugged me was harry, but that is more setting it up for later I am guessing and they should of killed her next movie so harry could build it up more. Same with the Rhino, I was sitting there almost to the end and was asking my buddy where the **** he was at. We all complain in other movies that villains do not matter is most movies because they get killed off quickly. Well it seems they are building up to other movies.

I have a feeling the last guy talking to harry and them showing the vulture wings, octo arms and the rhino are setting up the sinister six movie they green lit.

Other things in the thread, Peter is not nerdy enough for a lot of people but yet gets yelled at because he builds his own web shooters? He was 2nd behind Gwen for studies and she was getting scholarships and landing jobs at Oscorp for her skills. Seems he was smart enough to adapt his knowledge from what he learned from his dad or stole from Oscorp.

And not all of the spiderman comics are as him super nerdy and dorky. Just like all the batmans were dark knight.

I think Garfield has made spiderman his own.

Anyone stating this is worse than spiderman 3 or some of those other shit comic movies needs to take a step back and realize they may be hating on something else other than the movie.

Valiant 05-03-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10601003)
People going in expecting an action flick are probably going to be disappointed. This movie is more about Peter Parker than it is about Spider-Man.

I liked the story it told. I would've liked to have seen more action for a 2hr 20 minute film, but I liked what was there. Its just not that balls out, in your face, Michael Bay wet dream inspiring actionfest that a lot of people were hoping for.

Ill buy it when it comes out.

I thought there was a good amount of action, but looking back you don't realize there was not because the movie flowed so well and quickly.

Only droll scene was them skipping rocks. They could of cut that shit.

Anyong Bluth 05-03-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10601009)
I thought there was a good amount of action, but looking back you don't realize there was not because the movie flowed so well and quickly.

Honestly yes. My criticism only was much later after reflection. Those walking in already skeptical are of course going to pick it apart as they give it a 1st view. Predetermined expectations have a crazy way of becoming self fulfilling prophecy.

Deberg_1990 05-03-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10601009)

Heh, thought of another complaint. Harry and Peter are supposed to be 18 in this? Harry says he hasn't seen Peter in 10 years. So they were so close and best buds at 8 years old? I just didn't buy it.

Anyong Bluth 05-03-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10600951)
Whatever the case, it was pretty unusual. Sony promoting for FOX? That's nearly unheard of.

It would be so sweet if Sony worked our a deal with Disney where Garfield could show up in a Marvel movie.

Yep, but THIS is Sony's big $$$ maker for the year. A couple weeks unchallenged is a big deal for box office take. Xmen will most likely have a much longer theatre run.

Avid has recently come out and softened his stance on Spider Man crossing over with other Marvel properties. Before he was adamant it would never happen under his control. Now, he's said it might be a possibility so long as Spider Man was the primary focus of the story - essentially the primary lead.

Valiant 05-03-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10601027)
Heh, thought of another complaint. Harry and Peter are supposed to be 18 in this? Harry says he hasn't seen Peter in 10 years. So they were so close and best buds at 8 years old? I just didn't buy it.

Lol yeah, we talked about that during the movie also.

His best friend.

also

the airplane crash, 18 yo. So what his parents died in 2002 if we are lucky maybe a few years earlier?

Yet somehow they have a ethernet connection on an airplane?

Deberg_1990 05-03-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10601035)
Lol yeah, we talked about that during the movie also.

His best friend.

also

the airplane crash, 18 yo. So what his parents died in 2002 if we are lucky maybe a few years earlier?

Yet somehow they have a ethernet connection on an airplane?

Heheh, yea.....it's like this movie needed a few more rewrites. They filmed the rough draft.

Rams Fan 05-04-2014 01:26 AM

This movie is better than Spider-Man 3. I also don't get the hate for the build up to Electro.

Gravedigger 05-04-2014 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10601027)

Harry says 10, Peter corrects him and says 8. I see your point though.

WhiteWhale 05-04-2014 08:08 AM

This movie was basically a romantic comedy with a few action scenes thrown in.

Garfield looks ridiculously old to be playing a high school student.

Deberg_1990 05-04-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10601216)

Garfield looks ridiculously old to be playing a high school student.

That's because he's 31

Rausch 05-04-2014 02:44 PM

I'll probably wait for DVD/Netflix.

Already going to Godzilla and X-Men...

Deberg_1990 05-04-2014 05:26 PM

92 milly opening weekend, with a 369 global take so far.

Nope, nope, noppity nope is Sony ever giving this property up.

Bowser 05-04-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10602111)
92 milly opening weekend, with a 369 global take so far.

Nope, nope, noppity nope is Sony ever giving this property up.

Sony execs are laughing all the way to Vegas for their hookers and blow party right now at the thought of giving Marvel back the Spider Man rights.

Aries Walker 05-04-2014 06:19 PM

I'd expect a big second-week dropoff. They still make money, so they'll keep the rights and keep churning them out, but I wouldn't expect much more past five or so if they don't improve the quality.

Marvel's got Avengers-themed movies planned out until 2028. I wouldn't be surprised if they're figuring they'll just reboot X-Men, Spider-Man, and Fantastic Four after that.