ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

Kidd Lex 02-09-2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11319281)
I liked Oberyn's champion speech to Tyrion.

Pretty much anything with Jaqen Hagar but particularly when Arya gives him his own name. "Un-name me!" "No" "PLEASE" LMAO Here's probably the most dangerous character we've seen on the show begging a little girl not to make him kill himself. I thought that was funny..

The Red Wedding was memorable, although I hated everything about it.

Joffrey's death. **** that douche. I'm still waiting on Cersei to get hers..

I wonder why Arya didn't immediately name Joffrey or especially Tywin. Tywin dying would have wiped out the red wedding. Almost a plot hole to me like the eagles in Lotr.

ThaVirus 02-09-2015 09:47 PM

Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone)

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 11319298)
I wonder why Arya didn't immediately name Joffrey or especially Tywin. Tywin dying would have wiped out the red wedding. Almost a plot hole to me like the eagles in Lotr.

She wanted to but he said "death is certain, the time is not". It could have taken him months or years to take out Tywin or Joffrey. By that time, it wouldn't have mattered so much to her anyway.

I'm not saying naming Tywin, Joffrey and Jamie, etc. wouldn't have been the best choice, but..

Plus, she was like 9 years old at the time. Can't judge too harshly.

Why Not? 02-10-2015 12:28 AM

Quote:

I liked Oberyn's champion speech to Tyrion.

Pretty much anything with Jaqen Hagar but particularly when Arya gives him his own name. "Un-name me!" "No" "PLEASE" LMAO Here's probably the most dangerous character we've seen on the show begging a little girl not to make him kill himself. I thought that was funny..

The Red Wedding was memorable, although I hated everything about it.

Joffrey's death. **** that douche. I'm still waiting on Cersei to get hers..

Don't think I've ever been happier over the death of a character.

mdchiefsfan 02-10-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

She wanted the Tickler dead, then she was caught snooping through Tywin's things, so she had the man about to tell Tywin killed to save herself. To get out of imprisonment she had to name Jaquen to get her out. Her situation, at the time, dictated her choices more than her desires.

Kidd Lex 02-10-2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11319826)
She wanted the Tickler dead, then she was caught snooping through Tywin's things, so she had the man about to tell Tywin killed to save herself. To get out of imprisonment she had to name Jaquen to get her out. Her situation, at the time, dictated her choices more than her desires.

Skip the tickler and just say Tywin - unless it would have taken too long - then I understand. She was allowed 3 names right? So she named two - she has one more correct?

Favorite show of all time - this is the only thing that's bothered me - oh and all my favorite characters dying. At least we still have munch munch.

ThaVirus 02-10-2015 07:22 PM

As I remember, the Tickler was the first name she gave and seemed to be more of a trial run than anything. Remember, at the point he told her she had 3 names to give to the Red God, she had no idea he was an assassin.

Once she saw that he killed the Tickler, she started naming Tywin and Joffrey but he said he couldn't guarantee their deaths would be swift. Then she got caught snooping or whatever and needed Tywin's henchman killed immediately.

The "final" name ended up being all the guards on watch the night she escaped. "A girl lacks honor".

Radar Chief 02-11-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Joffrey's death. **** that douche.

Just watched this episode last night, fitting that it looked like a painful way to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11321181)
As I remember, the Tickler was the first name she gave and seemed to be more of a trial run than anything. Remember, at the point he told her she had 3 names to give to the Red God, she had no idea he was an assassin.

Once she saw that he killed the Tickler, she started naming Tywin and Joffrey but he said he couldn't guarantee their deaths would be swift. Then she got caught snooping or whatever and needed Tywin's henchman killed immediately.

The "final" name ended up being all the guards on watch the night she escaped. "A girl lacks honor".

Yup.

mdchiefsfan 02-12-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11321806)
Just watched this episode last night, fitting that it looked like a painful way to go.

Little ****er got oFf lightly, if you ask me.

Amnorix 02-12-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

In the books, it's more clear that she just wasn't up for that level of longer range, strategic thinking. She is, after all, just a kid.

Sometime later she dope slaps herself for wasting the opportunity.

Ragged Robin 02-12-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11323493)
In the books, it's more clear that she just wasn't up for that level of longer range, strategic thinking. She is, after all, just a kid.

Sometime later she dope slaps herself for wasting the opportunity.

yep, the characters are also much, much younger than they are on the show as well

mdchiefsfan 02-12-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11321181)

Maybe I am remembering incorrectly, but wasn't the Tickler named because he was about to torture her friends?

Buehler445 02-12-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11323501)
Maybe I am remembering incorrectly, but wasn't the Tickler named because he was about to torture her friends?

Yep. The Baratheon bastard IIRC (who is still rowing ROFL)

Bowser 02-12-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11323832)

Christ, Gendry has made it at least to Qarth by now. Maybe even Asshai.

http://images.bluegartr.com/bucket/g...b33a11b7b5.jpg

mdchiefsfan 02-12-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11323832)

LMAO

Hawk 02-12-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11323501)

That's how the show was. The book was different characters than the show, and handled the Tickler's death differently:

Spoiler!