ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****Official 2017 NBA Playoffs Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307153)

New World Order 06-17-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 12920353)
Why did you cherry pick two stats like that?

Draymond also averages 7 ASSISTS, 2 STEALS (THE NBAS STEALS LEADER) and almost 1.5 blocks

Tristan Thompson can't do any of that.

Thompson can't pass the ball to good, perimeter shooters? Ridiculous. Green didn't start averaging those assists until the Warriors adapted a run-n-gun style.

Also, Green turns the ball over a lot which is surprising since he's not an aggressive offensive player. He's solid, nothing more.

New World Order 06-17-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 12920478)
Unlikable clown that he is, he's also one of the best defenders in the NBA and has a basketball IQ that far surpasses the majority of the league (TT included).

He gets abused by good post up players. It seems like the better power forwards always score their season average and sometimes better against Green in head-to-head matchups. Even Van Gundy noted this in the Western Conference Finals.

Overrated

Pasta Little Brioni 06-17-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12920617)
You can't possibly predict what this team would have looked like without the love trade. They had the chips to bring a lot of good players. It's not like we're talking about Cleveland with and without Kevin love. We're talking about an alternative where not trading for love gives you opportunities to add a lot of players.

...but we do know they DID win one with him. You are speculating. A city that's won jack shit won a title thanks to help from Love and you want to make things up to slight that? Weird.

ChiefsCountry 06-17-2017 08:44 PM

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...67930572513282

ChiefsCountry 06-17-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12920947)
...but we do know they DID win one with him. You are speculating. A city that's won jack shit won a title thanks to help from Love and you want to make things up to slight that? Weird.

It's almost as stupid argument that Dane makes about the turds the Royals gave up for Cueto and Zobrist.

Urc Burry 06-17-2017 09:39 PM

They gave up a lot, but I like the trade for the sixers. Fultz is the real deal... now just get Embiid to stay healthy.

Urc Burry 06-17-2017 09:48 PM

Ok... so am I reading this right on the updated info. The celtics get the lakers pick next year if it's 2-5. If not they get the kings pick in '19 unprotected

Now I REALLY like it for the sixers. It's not a terrible trade for Boston either

KC_Connection 06-17-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12920650)
When it results in flagrants and suspensions that hurt your team, it sure as shit does.

No...it still doesn't. His incredible basketball IQ is a huge reason why the Warriors have been so successful on both ends for three years running and why they felt his absence so heavily when he did stupid shit like kicking players in the groin.

KC_Connection 06-17-2017 11:11 PM

Quote:

The Warriors have run out 3 of the top 5 teams in history over the last three years:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...nce-to-end-it/

It's pretty safe to say there is no combination of players that would have resulted in more than 1 championship for the Cavs over that time. Even that one was pretty miraculous and needed perhaps the best Finals performance ever as well as the worst choke.

RobBlake 06-18-2017 01:29 AM

If okc finished heir series this whole best team ever for he warriors would never be. They are overrated

KC_Connection 06-18-2017 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 12921181)
If okc finished heir series this whole best team ever for he warriors would never be. They are overrated

Except they didn't because the #2 player in the world choked and then went and joined them to assemble the greatest team of all time.

New World Order 06-18-2017 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 12921201)
Except they didn't because the #2 player in the world choked and then went and joined them to assemble the greatest team of all time.

Who outscored Lebron

Very sad!

Spott 06-18-2017 07:44 AM

Damn, that dude is obsessed with this place. He's literally up all hours of the night incessantly arguing with strangers about nothing.

chiefzilla1501 06-18-2017 08:13 AM

Quote:

I acknowledged in my original post that the Cavs did win a championship and Love contributed to that, so I guess it was worth it.

I think you like to pick fights with me for the sake of fighting. You're calling me out for speculating? You said the Love trade was the only reason the Cavs won the championship. The ONLY reason. That's speculating too. I don't know how good you think Love's been for the Cavs. It's not like he's lit the world on fire. He's been solid enough as a support guy. You think you couldn't find a support guy with Love's max contract? The playoff run 3 years ago is more than enough reason to speculate that the Cavs could have won without the trade. Again, it wasn't just a Love for Wiggins trade. The Cavs could have added lots of pieces in Love's place.

chiefzilla1501 06-18-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12921044)
It's almost as stupid argument that Dane makes about the turds the Royals gave up for Cueto and Zobrist.

Comparing a baseball trade to a basketball trade?

The Royals are not bound by a salary cap. Because the Cavs traded for Love, they lost ability to spend $15M a year - in basketball terms, that's the salary of a really good player. This isn't even close to the same argument.

That's not even getting into the trade chips or that I never liked Love's fit with the Cavs' scheme in the first place.